THE BROWNS BOARD

If Larry Johnsons cut would we make a move on him

playerjdd

I live near the Kansas city Missouri area and have been hearing of the possiblility of the chiefs releasing him. What are the odds that the browns go after him if he was available. I know he is not the best player out there but he surely beats twinkle toes and the fresh start could knock some sense into him.

he still has a lot left in the tank and is getting beat up. however i worry that he is a younger version than jamal lewis. this isn't the first time that grand ma-ma has had attitude issues. didn't he threaten with a holdout a few years ago? sounds like a prima donna and we all know mangini's position on those types of guys...

WAHOOO>>> a guy who is all of 3 months younger than Jamal.. He's going to be a BIG help in the future.. I think if acorn fell off a tree some of you guys would want to sign it.. I guess it's his 2.7 yards per carry that is swaying you towards bringing him in.. Jamal is averaging 3.4 but you want to bring in a guy the same age (dinosaur) who is actually playing worse... What are you guys thinking? Not to mention the REASON he will be available.. That's what you want to add to the mix of the screwed up psychy of this team??? Why don't we bring in Ryan leaf, Pacman Jones and plaxico Burriss while were at it.. I hear Ray Carruth may be available too.

WAHOOO>>> a guy who is all of 3 months younger than Jamal.. He's going to be a BIG help in the future.. I think if acorn fell off a tree some of you guys would want to sign it.. I guess it's his 2.7 yards per carry that is swaying you towards bringing him in.. Jamal is averaging 3.4 but you want to bring in a guy the same age (dinosaur) who is actually playing worse... What are you guys thinking? Not to mention the REASON he will be available.. That's what you want to add to the mix of the screwed up psychy of this team??? Why don't we bring in Ryan leaf, Pacman Jones and plaxico Burriss while were at it.. I hear Ray Carruth may be available too.

come on ej, tell us how you really feel.

There is NO way Mangini takes this guy.

Johnson has been charges with assault four times since 2002.He is a constant

distraction to his team.

Put Winslow and Edwards together and they don't even come close to the

baggage you get with Johnson.

he still has a lot left in the tank and is getting beat up. however i worry that he is a younger version than jamal lewis. this isn't the first time that grand ma-ma has had attitude issues. didn't he threaten with a holdout a few years ago? sounds like a prima donna and we all know mangini's position on those types of guys...

What is there to lose? The guy CAN run the ball. If signed to the right type of contract, he couldn't do anything but help the team. No contracts are guaranteed, any way.

In my opinion we should see if we could go out and trade for Laurence Maroney and have him split time with Harrison or Davis.

I respect your thoughts but, why in the hail do you want a RB that can split time with Harrison or Davis?????????????????????

This team needs a RB that can put them on waivers, not split time with them.

RBs don't generally improve with age. Harrison is a mediocre NFL RB at his best (IMHO). Davis, at least, might have some potential.

Benson is a facking beast. He runs people over, and a great back. The best back in the AFC North. Now as for Rashard Mendenhall, should I say bust! MUahhha! :wacko:

mendenhall a bust? are you out of your mind? that guy may end up being a beast.

Mangini will not take Larry Johnson as he is all about character guys....Johnson being far from a good character person. No way does LJ become a Brown

I understand why Larry Johnson is not the future but as i see it J Lewis isnt doing anything but tap dancing around and lacks that once burst that he had. I see johnson as a older rb that still has some burst left. Yes your right he could be a distraction but yes he could be a positive also. I would say for the right price we could bring in LJ and draft a Good RB in the draft this year. Just for the record i was one of those guys who wanted shon green which was a steal in the third round. I like what i am seeing from Jahvid Best from Cal but i see bigger holes for the Browns so hope we keep stockpiling the picks cause we needem

Archived