THE BROWNS BOARD

Chic John, check this out

Mr. T

Preparing for Service in the Rebuilt Temple

Article

Today is really a historical event for the Jewish people,” organizer Levi Chazan said as another part of the school was completed. “It is the beginning of the work for the Third Temple.”

The school will include an exact replica of the Temple. The latest addition to the replica was the area in which priests offered wine and water libations. The water offering was traditionally given on the Sukkot holiday, which was celebrated last week.

Festivities accompanied the completion of another step in the school's construction. Among those present was Baruch Marzel, long-time Land of Israel activist and parliamentary aide to MK Michael Ben-Ari. The timing of the work on the school is particularly appropriate due to recent Muslim riots against Jewish visits to the Temple Mount, Marzel said.

Preparing for Service in the Rebuilt Temple

Article

Today is really a historical event for the Jewish people,” organizer Levi Chazan said as another part of the school was completed. “It is the beginning of the work for the Third Temple.”

The school will include an exact replica of the Temple. The latest addition to the replica was the area in which priests offered wine and water libations. The water offering was traditionally given on the Sukkot holiday, which was celebrated last week.

Festivities accompanied the completion of another step in the school's construction. Among those present was Baruch Marzel, long-time Land of Israel activist and parliamentary aide to MK Michael Ben-Ari. The timing of the work on the school is particularly appropriate due to recent Muslim riots against Jewish visits to the Temple Mount, Marzel said.

Thanks, T. I cannot watch it here so I will watch tonight.

I know that I might come across as a 'zombie' regarding this but I did read the bible several times and do beleive what it says.

I wish I could remember the guy's name but he has consulted with every single President in the last 40 years - I saw the clip prior to Obama's election. He said it was 'all over' if a 3rd temple gets built.

Readers can take it for what it's worth.

Thanks, T. I cannot watch it here so I will watch tonight.

I know that I might come across as a 'zombie' regarding this but I did read the bible several times and do beleive what it says.

I wish I could remember the guy's name but he has consulted with every single President in the last 40 years - I saw the clip prior to Obama's election. He said it was 'all over' if a 3rd temple gets built.

Readers can take it for what it's worth.

It sounds like this is a replica, not another temple. Have to read more closely and watch the clip.

oy vey

Seriously. These folks are the [unnamed board members] of Israeli politics. The only difference is that they actually have some clout.

The town mentioned in the article, Mitzpe Yericho, is a settlement in the West Bank. And Baruch Marzel is a bad, bad dude. Personally, I consider him a terrorist.

And why?

Marzel was a high level member of Kach, a extremist political party in Israel that was banned after the Caves of the Patriarchs massacre (Goldstein was a member of Kach and many party officials defended his actions).

Also, Marzel's called for the killing of Palestinians, homosexuals, and liberal Israeli intellectuals.

Dude's crazy. And dangerous.

If you'd like to learn more about political messianism in Israel, this movie would be a good place to start. Campfire's also excellent but disturbing.

I've also heard good things about The Holy Land, though I haven't seen it myself.

Marzel was a high level member of Kach, a extremist political party in Israel that was banned after the Caves of the Patriarchs massacre (Goldstein was a member of Kach and many party officials defended his actions).

Also, Marzel's called for the killing of Palestinians, homosexuals, and liberal Israeli intellectuals.

Dude's crazy. And dangerous.

I will have to check out your links this weekend while the outlaws are in town visiting. B) But the claims against this guy Marzel-- are similar to the same claims layed against Rahm Emanuel's father link below.

Rahm Emanuel’s Father Was in Jewish Terrorist HERE

Still not sure why it matters that Rahm Emanuel's father belonged to a pre-state militia. I care more about Rahm's views than his father's.

And I don't think you can compare the actions of a pre-state militia to those of a radical group in democratic Israel. The Irgun did some questionable stuff, but its goal was the establishment of a Jewish, democratic state. Marzel, on the other hand, wants to subvert Israel's democratic process by resorting to political violence and disenfranchising large swaths of the population.

One of the Irgun's leaders won the Nobel Peace Prize (Menachem Begin). Marzel spends much of his time praising a mass murderer (Baruch Goldstein).

There's a pretty big difference there.

Archived