THE BROWNS BOARD

In a Perfect World

IschY

Having 11 draft picks in this years draft got me thinking. Through free agency and the draft say we acquire 8 new starting players. What 8 players would you replace off the current depth chart? I know 8 new starters would be a stretch but I was just thinking about how many horrible players we have and as I was doing this I wanted to replace about 12!

Wide Receiver: Mohamed Massaquoi Move to number 2 receiver

Wide Receiver: Josh Cribbs Replace

Left Tackle: Joe Thomas

Left Guard: Eric Steinbach

Center: Alex Mack

Right Guard: Floyd Womack Replace

Right Tackle: John St. Clair Replace

Tight End: Robert Royal

QB: Derek Anderson

Running Back: Jamal Lewis Replace

Full Back: Lawrence Vickers

DEFENSE

Defensive End: Kenyon Coleman Replace

Nose Tackle: Shaun Rogers

Defensive End: Robaire Smith

LOLB: Kamerion Wimbley

ILB: D'Qwell Jackson

ILB: Eric Barton

ROLB: David Bowens Replace

LCB: Eric Wright Move to number 2 CB

RCB: Brandon McDonald Replace

Safety: Abram Elam

Safety: Brodney Pool Replace

Having 11 draft picks in this years draft got me thinking. Through free agency and the draft say we acquire 8 new starting players. What 8 players would you replace off the current depth chart? I know 8 new starters would be a stretch but I was just thinking about how many horrible players we have and as I was doing this I wanted to replace about 12!

DEFENSE

I disagree with replace Muhammad Massaquoi. He is a rookie and has the build to be a #1. By replacing him with another draft pick, you ensure the same results we have had this year with a rookie #1 WR. Aside from that, the same goes with the corners. I like McDonald more than i like 99% of corners coming out of college, and I really like Wright still. I feel like they would excel on a team with better overall play. I also believe Robaire Smith needs replaced. He is aging and his best days are behind him.

TE Robert Royal needs to be replaced as soon as possible, not sure how that was overlooked. If I have to watch him get wide open only to drop another pass again in my lifetime it will be soon. Hopefully the next pass he drops comes when he is wearing a different uniform.

Whatever happened to Savage's overhyped (imagine that from Savage) draft pick that he sacrificed an extra pick because he had to have him? Rucker I think his name was. I think he was cut and nobody in the whole league thought he was worth picking up.

I disagree with replace Muhammad Massaquoi. He is a rookie and has the build to be a #1. By replacing him with another draft pick, you ensure the same results we have had this year with a rookie #1 WR. Aside from that, the same goes with the corners. I like McDonald more than i like 99% of corners coming out of college, and I really like Wright still. I feel like they would excel on a team with better overall play. I also believe Robaire Smith needs replaced. He is aging and his best days are behind him.

I would not replace Muhammad Massaquoi but I would move him to number 2. I would try to get a veteran wide receiver to play number 1 until he is ready through free agency. I do not want to draft another Wide Receiver for awhile, unless we can find a Colston in the 6th round or whatever. And McDonald needs replaced once again it doesn't have to be the draft we could do it through the free agency route but there is no way he is a 1 or 2 CB in this league.

I think that is a pretty fair analysis. I think that Mass will become a number one receiver but it would be nice to have an experienced guy to learn from next year while he is the number two.

I like McDonald but don't think he is tough enough to play full time in the nfl.

IF Gaines continues to play well he might make tight end a low priority in the draft unless someone comes along who is just too good of a deal at that spot.

BPA PLEASE, Let's get 11 good players added to the roster. OK, I don't want 11 offensive guard but bpa within reason

I find it interesting....shocking actually, that you would NOT replace Derrick Anderson.

I wouldn't replace DA this year. Give him a cockpit, bring in a decent journeyman QB for competition (if he's as bad as you say he is he won't be playing, if he's still playing then he's obviously not the worst QB in NFL history that some here claim), then go for a QB the following year.

DEFENSE

Even in a "perfect world" your not getting 8 starters out of one draft..even if you do get 11 picks.. You will be lucky to get 3 actual starters and 3-4 backup/project/special team guys.. so maybe 7 of 11 even make the team.

I am not sure who you bring in as free agents..so that is a mystery because they are usually brought in prior to the draft.. I would think to bring in 2-3 starters in free agency..(will not speculate where right now)

Point #1.. Cribbs is not even a starting reciever right NOW.. so he really can't be replaced as a reciever..since he's not a reciever..never has been never will be.. I would go with Furry in that spot beginning today.... so no draft pick at WR.. I like the young guys on the team to develop more. I would try to get lance legget back on the practice squad.

As for the 3 guys drafted who I would want to start.. RB and DE would be the top 2

My 3rd starter would be RT , safety or another DE. Bringing in 2 DE's would be great by me..we have not drafted 3rd round or higher in 7 years and since we cant stop the run or rush the passer.... well... enough said

The other 3-4 backup/project/special team guys.. BPA we need depth everywhere.

QB.. i bring in a veteran.. Thow DA to the fish in lake erie and let the veteran, BQ, and Ratliffe battle next year.. BQ starts the rest of the way this year. MOMass and FURRY start at WR"s with ROBO at the 3 beginning now.. Cribbs is only on the field as a WildDawg or the #4 reciever when it comes to offense..

Even in a "perfect world" your not getting 8 starters out of one draft..even if you do get 11 picks.. You will be lucky to get 3 actual starters and 3-4 backup/project/special team guys.. so maybe 7 of 11 even make the team.

The 11-5 2008 Dolphins Replaced at least 8 starters from there 1-15 2007 team. If you believe next year we are only replacing 3 actual starters for next year we are looking at another horrible year. I did not say all the starters needed to come from the draft but through free agency, drafts, and even trades. I just said the 11 draft picks got me thinking about who I would like to see replaced.

Also I would replace Anderson I don't even know why I did not mark that!!! He would be one of the first. Sorry about that

I would not replace Muhammad Massaquoi but I would move him to number 2. I would try to get a veteran wide receiver to play number 1 until he is ready through free agency. I do not want to draft another Wide Receiver for awhile, unless we can find a Colston in the 6th round or whatever. And McDonald needs replaced once again it doesn't have to be the draft we could do it through the free agency route but there is no way he is a 1 or 2 CB in this league.

Sounds good, but maybe not as easily done.

I doubt Colston is still in the legaue if we had drafted him.

DEFENSE

Regardless what everyoner feels on MoMass, that is 8-9 starting positions that need to be upgraded. No way do we hit 9-of-11 in the draft ... gonna take a couple key FA acquistions.

Archived