THE BROWNS BOARD

Lerner's email to Browns fans

Solon16

I dont now if enough people will...but if he is responding to this already than the job is done..

I really dont think Lerner is a bad guy that doenst give a sheit and is milking the joint...i really think he just doesnt know what to do..much like you or i would be lost in his position.

He spends money..he has money...they just need something to go right for once.

''What I can say is that we, and I, have remained open to new and fresh ideas and thinking and people with passion for the Browns and football experience getting involved and with hope and luck and support making a difference. "

Good intentions hope and luck are not going to get it done. How about a stinking PLAN and good people to run the show... Sounds like blowing smoke to me. This team was one game from the playoffs two years ago.. and now we have to look forward to embarrasments every week.

That was an interesting email. Basically he said that there was no continuation within the organization even though the staff remained the same. That is pretty sad, he must hate giving Phil that money each year because he has said he appreciated Romeo's integrity.

He also inferred that they knew it could be a tough year for wins, especially early. So, when mangini speaks about improvement he is talking about executing the correct things (being in the right spot, making the right read) not necessarily results. Mangini isn't throwing anyone under the bus concerning their ability. He is playing with what he was dealt.

With a good draft and free agency this team can improve tremendously.

I understand the frustration but having a brown out when the ravens are coming to town really sucks, kind of gives Modell another free shot

''What I can say is that we, and I, have remained open to new and fresh ideas and thinking and people with passion for the Browns and football experience getting involved and with hope and luck and support making a difference. "

Good intentions hope and luck are not going to get it done. How about a stinking PLAN and good people to run the show... Sounds like blowing smoke to me. This team was one game from the playoffs two years ago.. and now we have to look forward to embarrasments every week.

It is what it is..lerner feeding the lake erie fish some more mercury...an email is weak randy...be a fuc.ing man and say it in the media...he would but he doesnt mean a word of it..he is just to soft and unknowledgable of the ins ad outs he is not a ruthless enough man to run a football team with the big dogs..so he hires people to run the team with no supervision..what the hell does he think is going to happen?

Football unlike most other big businesses requires an owner that can answer most of the questions himself and imply to the GM and coach with authority...HEY GUYS WE NEED 2 SAFETIES and we need to see what quinn can do...i honestly believe benching BQ was the wrong thing to do. was it more of that "good paid advise" or just an ignorant assdumb coach..whichever it was it has made this season feel like a complete waste with no experience granted to quinn or knowledge of if quinn can be a good nfl QB or not...but more importantly it has done a bunch to turn many fans against mangini and now more are rightfully aiming at the sperm cell named lerner...

Simply put you cant just hire people to 100% run your team...lerner has to do that himself and he sucks at it so he is better to sell the team or sell half to a dedicated football guy to run it for him..or he could pay rooney a million dollars to teach him football ownership principles and gruffness...but no one can teach the heart and soul and dedication an owner requires to be a winner...some things you cant buy with money alone and a hardnosed hardcore winning football team is one of them...

Honestly, I think the brown-out is childish and, again, makes Cleveland fans look like idiots. Like bottle gate, like the crap that happened after BB cut Bernie.

Mangini inherited a big, steaming pile of crap. He's trying to instill discipline by forcing these guys into public service and teaching them through fines to act like responsible adults. People, this is a team where one WR was so drunk at 7:00 in the morning that he ran over a guy in an intersection and the stone-handed WR that was drinking with him that night popped a guy who wouldn't be over the playing weight limit for pee-wee football. Another of the team's stars cut his own career in half by doing wheelies in a parking lot. We have maybe 3 real "football players' on the team and now one of them is so discouraged he thinks the fans were rooting for the Packers.

Agents and the media are piling on Mangini and the fans are enabling it. Who in the hell is going to want to come to an economically depressed northern city where the "fans" are organizing protests seven games into a new regime? The same town, by mind you, where they had to post police outside of coaching genius BB's house because "fans" thought he was such an idiot that they threatened the coach and his family. All things being equal, what free agent is going to want to claim a home field to get booed? What scouts are going to want to come here where the organization turns over every three years? You'll just be embarrassing the city on national television. Remember that coach in Cincy grabbing the mic and saying "people, this isn't Cleveland"?

Cleveland fans made their voices heard, got their way and ran Belichick out of town. Problem was the Browns and four combined Superbowl victories left with him. Cleveland fans made their voices heard, got their way, and Savage outlasted Collins and was given two more years to further watering down the talent level of this team. The best thing that could happen is that the vocal fans would become mute or Lerner goes deaf.

Randy's not going to sell the team in the middle of a recession. Unless Ozzie agrees to leave the Ravens AND BRINGS HIS SCOUTING DEPARTMENT with him or we make a straight-up trade for the Patriots or Giant's staffs we're taking another crap shoot and starting from even further behind if you get your way.

Look over at the Jets. They did things right over the last three years and the talent level is undeniable. Was it just Tannenbaum? Was it just Mangini? We'll see. But if you ask me, it's looking like the Jets gave us too much for Edwards, and Rex Ryan's arrogance has them losing games where they rush for 300 yards.

the brown out is honestly one of the greatest ideas ever. we need to get the message across and the only better way to do this is to not but the tickets at all. let's show america our frustration guys. randy, choke on a fatty.

I think not.

The message we sent was how we wanted to keep our team.

Now a few misguided whiners are talking about standing in the walkways.

Go for it. I personally think it makes us look like wimps who don't want the team unless it wins..

I think not.

The message we sent was how we wanted to keep our team.

Now a few misguided whiners are talking about standing in the walkways.

Go for it. I personally think it makes us look like wimps who don't want the team unless it wins..

I beg to differ, I think it shows the fans wont tolerate one good season every 3-4 years (2002, 2007...) its a trend where w make a wild care or barley miss the playoffs and then suck for another few years. It needs to stop and Lerner needs to appoint someone here who knows American football or he needs to sell the team. I understand honoring his father's legacy, its sorta ridiculous how the team is managed from a standpoint of ownership. This isnt Aston Villa where an hands-off owner is what a team needs. Im not saying I want him to be like Jerry Jones, maybe more like Bud Adams, but come on. ACT like you care and dont only respond to the obvious tumoil when we threaten a brown out. Im in Knoxville but I hope yall do it. Ill be watching on TV

I think the brown out is a great idea.. maybe some public humitilation will wake Learner up to the reality of what an embarassment the team is to all of us who LOVE this team.. and show everyone what happens when you have an owner like him who is just trying to turn a buck instead of someone who loves the team.. Jerry Jones is a jerk..but he loves the cowboys.. I'd take that kind of passion and committment any day.

Or what??

Serious question.

What's the answer Peen?

Seriously.

Am I just to sit in my seat and give a little golf clap ,as ownership trots out a completely inferior product ?

You said yourself after the Mangini hire ,that ownership needs to get it right this time, or move on,no more 3 year plans

I realize a total rebuild doesn't happen overnite, but dammit, fans should at least see an NFL competitive team on Sundays

this team is not.

I beg to differ, I think it shows the fans wont tolerate one good season every 3-4 years (2002, 2007...) its a trend where w make a wild care or barley miss the playoffs and then suck for another few years. It needs to stop and Lerner needs to appoint someone here who knows American football or he needs to sell the team. I understand honoring his father's legacy, its sorta ridiculous how the team is managed from a standpoint of ownership. This isnt Aston Villa where an hands-off owner is what a team needs. Im not saying I want him to be like Jerry Jones, maybe more like Bud Adams, but come on. ACT like you care and dont only respond to the obvious tumoil when we threaten a brown out. Im in Knoxville but I hope yall do it. Ill be watching on TV

Beg all you want.

I think it would be better for those people to not come at all....it would smell better.

We have a society of whiners...and this is big time whining...bandwagon stuff.

You don't want to go....fine..don't go...but this is chickenshit stuff here.

Me...I have season tickets and drive up from Chattanooga 5 times a year.

My butt is in my seat 30 minutes before kick-off.

I live in TX...but If I had a ticket....no doubt!

I live in Tennessee and have season tickets.

So you are one of those guys who tells people how to cheer and root for their team but doesn't go to games.

Figures.

What's the answer Peen?

Seriously.

Am I just to sit in my seat and give a little golf clap ,as ownership trots out a completely inferior product ?

You said yourself after the Mangini hire ,that ownership needs to get it right this time, or move on,no more 3 year plans

I realize a total rebuild doesn't happen overnite, but dammit, fans should at least see an NFL competitive team on Sundays

this team is not.

You asked a serious question.

I don't have the answer...

We haven't won a damn thing since 1964 when I was a teenager...if anyone should be pissed, it's me and other fans like me...and i am....but making Browns fans look like wimps ISN'T the answer.

could you imagine Rooney or Modell writing a letter like this to the public? this shows he is lost and hasn't a clue.

Browns football should be a reality tv show where fans can come in and coach . Good god, an NFL owner telling everyone he is trying after they threaten to boycott him and cost him money for being a 10 year jackass of a failure.

''What I can say is that we, and I, have remained open to new and fresh ideas and thinking and people with passion for the Browns and football experience getting involved and with hope and luck and support, making a difference.

Was he drunk when he wrote this incoherent sentence? Lerner's philosophy is cross your fingers, click your heels three times, and find a four leaf clover before every game and the browns will do fine..

Demanding you get your money's worth is whining?

This is no different than buying a car that's a peace of crap

Being served food that's not what you ordered

I say BS , you let it be known your not happy with the current product

And it was a serious question, How ?

Don't show up ? Wear a bag over your head ? Carry a sign,hoping the camera finds you?

I think 30,000 empty seats at kickoff sends a message loud and clear

I don't see this protest as an embarrassment at all ,It's my way of letting the rest of the nation

know that Browns fans are tired of getting chopped liver, when we payed for sirloin

Its the first half of a rebuilding year WTF do people expect. We have 2 1st round draft picks of ours on offense, and there both playing o-line. And 1 on defense When are we gonna learn to stick bye a guy through ups and downs.

You dont call for a coach's head half through his first year, an obvious rebuilding year at that, and you dont boo 24 yr. old QB's off the field when they get hurt. We have a fixation in Cleveland with the next coach and the next qb. Instead of forcing ownership to make fan friendly moves, try standing bye your team for once and let them build a winner.

Its the first half of a rebuilding year WTF do people expect. We have 2 1st round draft picks of ours on offense, and there both playing o-line. And 1 on defense When are we gonna learn to stick bye a guy through ups and downs.

You dont call for a coach's head half through his first year, an obvious rebuilding year at that, and you dont boo 24 yr. old QB's off the field when they get hurt. We have a fixation in Cleveland with the next coach and the next qb. Instead of forcing ownership to make fan friendly moves, try standing bye your team for once and let them build a winner.

Yeah I totally agree with this yes are team is terrible but most of this team was from Romeo and some of the players were drama queens. Yeah so what if they were are stars on the team most drama queens reck a team. We Cannot say fire him if we have yet to know what he will do.

If I'm correct the last team that did that was the Raiders with Art Shell

Thanks for the email Randy. He could have just sent a tweet or a facebook post, but he spent the time to draft an email, that shows some serious dedication to the franchise.

On the "Brown Out." I think it is a complicated issue. If it was another team with fairweather fans, we would be calling them whiny bitches. But this is the Browns and we are long-suffering fans. These aren't wounds that happened overnight. This is RR88, The Drive, The Fumble, and losing our team just to see it win a Superbowl in another city. We are fans that keep this franchise one of the most profitable in the league despite year after year of abysmal play. We line Lerner's pockets with dollars because of our loyalty, and at some point I think it is fair to ask for something back. Hell, we aren't asking for Superbowl rings, we're asking for a team that can score a goddamn touchdown and not be laughingstocks of the league. We cheer for a losing team that makes mistake after mistake every year while watching our division rival win 6 Superbowls and evolve into one of the most rock solid teams in the league. Will standing in the concourse for the opening kickoff make a difference? Probably not, but it may show that even the most amazing fans in the NFL have a breaking point.

eat shit...you no better than me...pompous ass

Great post.

I thought you left this board??

At any rate, I find it funny how people who aren't a part of games tell people how they should act.

And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?

Archived