THE BROWNS BOARD

Lerner's email to Browns fans

Solon16

Great post.

I thought you left this board??

At any rate, I find it funny how people who aren't a part of games tell people how they should act.

And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?

I think it is stupid and childish. Whoever thought this up is a dimwit. If you don't like the team, don't show up. Sell your season tickets. Go buy a Steeler Jersey at Kmart. Doing this will accomplish nothing.

Its the first half of a rebuilding year WTF do people expect. We have 2 1st round draft picks of ours on offense, and there both playing o-line. And 1 on defense When are we gonna learn to stick bye a guy through ups and downs.

You dont call for a coach's head half through his first year, an obvious rebuilding year at that, and you dont boo 24 yr. old QB's off the field when they get hurt. We have a fixation in Cleveland with the next coach and the next qb. Instead of forcing ownership to make fan friendly moves, try standing bye your team for once and let them build a winner.

I expect us to compete

Is an offensive TD a couple times a game asking too much ?

lose 21-14, 16 -13,that's competitive,if we're going to lose in the name of rebuilding,you better be showing

a glimmer of hope for the future,I'm seeing serious questions as to whether this staff knows what it's doing

they knew in July that Hieden would be questionable this season,yet here we are in mid Oct picking up

a TE,they couldn't see a need in camp ?

The offense was abysmal last year,yet amazingly it's worse this year

were these two QBs really this bad last year ? I don't think so,not this bad

they BOTH look lost,confused,insecure,and completely incapable of playing QB at this level

I agree you can't fire this guy at the halfway point,even after we get drilled in Chicago on Sunday

but from what I've seen so far ,I can see this team losing to Detroit,KC,Jacksonville,and even Oakland

and not only losing ,but getting pounded by the bottom of the league in at least two of those games

If that happens,that's NOT rebuilding,that's suckage

Bottom line

Salesman sell, no matter what the economy ,no matter what the product

Coaches ,coach whatever the talent,whatever the circumstance

Winners win...PERIOD we hear every year of teams that over achieve (Denver ?)

I didn't expect a Superbowl this year,or next,but I do expect to see us compete and improve,so far I haven't seen either

I dont agree, I think every week we were improving up until the Green Bay game. They were playing with an attitude on defense for the first time in along time. Then we got the flu bug everyone misses a couple practices, so we show up to the Green Bay game under the weather and unprepared. We get are ass' wipped and the Browns effort and attitude looked nothing like it did the previous weeks. So now everyone's overeacting about how horrible we are, and forget the progress we were making before that game. Im gonna chalk that one up as an unfortunate situation, move on against Chicago and hope to show the progress they were making before Green Bay

I don't think a brown out is a show of whiners

It is letting management know that fans feel that the product on the field is below expectations.

This team is playing worse than the 1999 Browns after Couch and Detmer had been knocked out for the season.

This team is playing worse than the 1999 Browns after Zeus got his eye taken out bye a ref's wild bean bag pitch.

This team has more talent than the 1999 Browns, so to have this low level of play indicates that either the coaching is entirely bad, or the team, 7 games in has by and large quit on the team. This team is lethargic. One way or another it's on Mangini.

Its bad enough getting only 2 winning seasons in 11 years. That the team looks as bad as Chris Palmers 2000 "Runaway Train Wreck" team at not even the halfway point indicates massive suckage.

Butch Davis took the Policy/Clark team and at least fielded an entertaining 7-9 team.

It is letting management know that fans feel that the product on the field is below expectations.

You think they don't know? How is that possible?

This whole thing is rediculous. i can't wait to walk past the 50 or so people that will be "protesting." That will be funny.

BTW, what will they be protesting? Do any of them think that you could trade KWII and Braylon for what is essentially draft choices AND be better this year? If any of them intentionally miss the National Anthem and then go into the Stadium, i think that is pretty disrespectful.

\

And by the way, the stadium is empty at the end of games. You don't think that sends a message?

No because even management stops watching the games by that point. This is MNF, and the message will be sent loud and clear. I dont know why anyonw here is against this. I have been a member of this board for maybe almost a week and EVERY topic is someone upset about something, people begging for things to be done... well here is your chance. Anyone who does not participate should not be allowed to complain at all and SHOULD have to deal with this season. Just my opinion but I think if your going to complain about how bad things are, you should act and not complain about the season and then complain about people trying to make some sort of statement. It has NOTHING to do with fair-weather acts of fan-hood. If that were the case, Mike Randall would not have organized this and just sold his tickets. If THAT were the case, no one would post on this board because we would all band wagon some 7-0 team.

Im tired of people complaining about the team and organization and then criticizing the people who want to do something to try to make a difference while being true fans.

Guest 88fingerslewy

I'm bringing 16 guys to the Ravens game. Everyone's driving 5+ hrs each way. For some of them this is their ONE "road trip" of the year. Not a fcuking chance we're missing this game.

Just in case some of you have forgotten I'll remind you what sets us apart from other fans. I'm gonna yell so the guys sitting way in the back can hear me.

WE'RE BROWNS FANS 'CAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. RR88....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE DRIVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE FUMBLE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE MOVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. EVERY YEAR GOES BY AND WE'RE ALL STILL HERE....WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE WE THE MOST LOYAL FANS IN THE NFL....BECAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE THERE 1000'S STILL IN THEIR SEATS WHEN WE'RE DOWN BY 28 PTS WITH MINUTES TO GO IN THE GB GAME LAST WEEK?

BECAUSE....WE CAN TAKE IT. DO WE LIKE IT....NO!!!! BUT WE CAN TAKE IT.

I'll never give up on this team, I'll never do anything to embarrass this team. I'm not going anywhere. I love this team

Guest berniesipe
I'm bringing 16 guys to the Ravens game. Everyone's driving 5+ hrs each way. For some of them this is their ONE "road trip" of the year. Not a fcuking chance we're missing this game.

Just in case some of you have forgotten I'll remind you what sets us apart from other fans. I'm gonna yell so the guys sitting way in the back can hear me.

WE'RE BROWNS FANS 'CAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. RR88....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE DRIVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE FUMBLE....WE CAN TAKE IT. THE MOVE....WE CAN TAKE IT. EVERY YEAR GOES BY AND WE'RE ALL STILL HERE....WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE WE THE MOST LOYAL FANS IN THE NFL....BECAUSE WE CAN TAKE IT. WHY ARE THERE 1000'S STILL IN THEIR SEATS WHEN WE'RE DOWN BY 28 PTS WITH MINUTES TO GO IN THE GB GAME LAST WEEK?

BECAUSE....WE CAN TAKE IT. DO WE LIKE IT....NO!!!! BUT WE CAN TAKE IT.

I'll never give up on this team, I'll never do anything to embarrass this team. I'm not going anywhere. I love this team

God bless you!

My thought is that Browns fans start showing up in all black or with black arm bands to indicate they are in mourning over the death of real football in Cleveland.

I find this absolutely hilarious. Even the most optimistic of fans were only giving 6-7 wins for this year. We have played far and away the toughest schedule in the league this year. What did everyone expect? You predict 4 wins but thought they were going to look competitive against the best the NFL has to offer? Isn't only winning 4 games predicated on not being very good; combined with a new coach, new philosophy and 30 something new players and we were just going to come out of hang with the big boys?

This season is progressing just the way I thought it would. We've looked terrible, completely inept at times against a brutal schedule. As of now, we only play two teams with winning records after the bye. Some of you really seem to think that KC and Detroit are going to run as in the same manner that GB did? Sorry, I just don't see it. As far as the 'Brown Out' is concerned all we'd be doing is giving the Browns a gift. Instead of the talk being how terrible of a team we are...it will become look at these fans...supposedly the best in football "protesting" a division prime time game in the hopes of what. That they'll fire Mangini, there you go. Think our organization is a joke now, let Lerner fire Mangini b/c of the fans. Just unbelievable, go back and read some of OUR predictions for this season and tell me where the team is so far off from what WE knew was coming.

This is a good idea. I'll tell you why.

If you went to an amusement park and had season tickets you would want the park to have the best rides available and in great working order. If the rides were broken down and crappy you would let management know you were not satisfied, wouldn't you?

If you had a job where the conditions were unsatisfactory and you were under paid, you would let management know, would you not?

If you don't speak up, you are saying you have no problem with the way management is running their business.

You guys love the Browns and will continue showing your support by helping them sell out the stadium year after year, but when you support something the other side must show its appreciation by giving their very best that you and your money deserve.

Great post.

I thought you left this board??

At any rate, I find it funny how people who aren't a part of games tell people how they should act.

I didn't tell you to do anything...I told you what I would do...You thought i left for what reason? Cause I post on another message board? Didn't you say you were 31 or something like that? if so you have NO idea what someone who is 41 has been through with this team...punk

solidarity from pittsburgh. i know most of you could give a shit less what a steeler fan thinks, but i think the idea to not show up in the seats till after kickoff is a great idea.

cleveland deserves a top notch product, being that the browns are one of the most proud sports franchises of all time.

we in pittsburgh do in fact miss the rivalry. we love playing you guys, but it would be better if you guys laid it to us every once in a while.

so...solidarity, and beat the shit out of the ravens. peace.

I didn't tell you to do anything...

Yes you did.....told told me to eat shit. ( I didn't listen)

All that aside....I understand the frustration, and maybe yours is more than mine since I have seen some championship football and you are too young to have seen that.

So as far as I am concerned, we have no beef.

I still think it is a goofy proposition.

To each their own.

I dont now if enough people will...but if he is responding to this already than the job is done..

I really dont think Lerner is a bad guy that doenst give a sheit and is milking the joint...i really think he just doesnt know what to do..much like you or i would be lost in his position.

He spends money..he has money...they just need something to go right for once.

nicely said,

and honestly, i don't see the point of protesting, yeah we want to have a winning season. but whats protesting going to do to help that? What we should do is keep giving the team support. I don't know if any of you played in high school or college but when the crowd is really supporting me when i played in high school I always got a "rush" if you will and did start playing harder. Yes, I know, the browns fans are the loudest and best fans in the NFL. but if all the fans are outside the stadium protesting everything that they are at the moment, then who will be inside the stadium trying to help our team get that rush or adrealine.( can't spell ). its childish if you ask me. yeah, im fed up with the teams losing streak trust me, I am a year after year ticket season holder, my family even had seats in the OLD stadium. so don't tell me that I am not a meaningless voice.

http://my.earthlink.net/article/spo?guid=2...910302102798371

Rob Ryan is pissed about planned brown out!

They deserve better and we'll give them better

" dissention is the highest form of participation" quote from famous philosopher...aristotle maybe...

I don't think they understand that our standards have gotten so low that we'd be thrilled with ANY small improvement over what looks like regression.

I understand the frustration but having a brown out when the ravens are coming to town really sucks, kind of gives Modell another free shot

Hell with the Ravens, they shouldn't be in existence, or in our division in the first place (AFC EAST please). What's done is done, but the NFL totally botched the Baltimore situation when they let Jacksonville in on expansion.

While I am not going to boycott, this IS the perfect game & opponent to do so....trouble is, it should have been done in 1999...just think, 72,000 empty seats to bitch slap the NFL & Modell in our return season.

While this team is driving us all nuts this year, I am keeping the faith and hoping that Mangini knows what he's doing, and indeed has a plan.

GO BROWNS :)

Management already understands were not satisfied. They fired the whole regime last year, what do you want them to do now fire the new regime 7 games in. Thats obsured

Well said ... can't wait until we win the game tomorow in Chicago and PudPound Mike looks like a doofus for leading this.

Archived