THE BROWNS BOARD

The Boycott is stupid as hell

ATENEARS

Ok, maybe everyone being united in not getting to their seats early is'nt a big deal, but the people who make it sound like those of us will attend the game are stupid for supporting Lerner by attending the game are just naive and stupid.

What is not attending the game gonna do, or should I say who is it going to hurt worst? We've paid our PSL's and we've paid our Season Ticket balance already this season ... the season is paid for, so what is eating the tickets gonna do to Lerner that it isn't going to do 1000x more to our own pocket books for not using what we've already paid for?

Some say to not by merchandise, that'll hurt'em, then the League who shares revenue will have to come down on Lerner. Let me ask, how do you think the NFL stores and inventory of many sponsors who own NFL retail business like eating inventory for Couch, KJ, Fry, C. Brown, Spielman, G. Warren, Winslow, Edwards, Jurevious, A. Davis, Quinn, Anderson and others over the years?

You don't think that the shared reveune took a hit as the third world countries children are don'ed all in Browns/white & orange. I know one thing, at least Lerner is building up a new young fan base in Ethiopia, Guinea, Haiti, Laos, Maldivesa and other ravaged counties as the NFL send left-overs there to clothe the locals.

I'm still having fun and camraderie with my fellow Browns fans, and if I remember right, that is what it is all about. It's easy to support the front runner, I'll wait my turn.

Lerner just made changes, he took the hard way out in releasing all those before Mangini. In fact, Mangini is the ONLY coach in Browns history that had Pro Head Coaching experience before being hired here. Ii'll wait him out too.

No boycott for me ... I'm going to continue to have fun on game days even if it means being sick afterwards. It's part of life, it's part of football, it's part of being a FAN.

Bring on the Bears ... Where's my Bear trap .....

Ok, maybe everyone being united in not getting to their seats early is'nt a big deal, but the people who make it sound like those of us will attend the game are stupid for supporting Lerner by attending the game are just naive and stupid.

What is not attending the game gonna do, or should I say who is it going to hurt worst? We've paid our PSL's and we've paid our Season Ticket balance already this season ... the season is paid for, so what is eating the tickets gonna do to Lerner that it isn't going to do 1000x more to our own pocket books for not using what we've already paid for?

Some say to not by merchandise, that'll hurt'em, then the League who shares revenue will have to come down on Lerner. Let me ask, how do you think the NFL stores and inventory of many sponsors who own NFL retail business like eating inventory for Couch, KJ, Fry, C. Brown, Spielman, G. Warren, Winslow, Edwards, Jurevious, A. Davis, Quinn, Anderson and others over the years?

You don't think that the shared reveune took a hit as the third world countries children are don'ed all in Browns/white & orange. I know one thing, at least Lerner is building up a new young fan base in Ethiopia, Guinea, Haiti, Laos, Maldivesa and other ravaged counties as the NFL send left-overs there to clothe the locals.

I'm still having fun and camraderie with my fellow Browns fans, and if I remember right, that is what it is all about. It's easy to support the front runner, I'll wait my turn.

Lerner just made changes, he took the hard way out in releasing all those before Mangini. In fact, Mangini is the ONLY coach in Browns history that had Pro Head Coaching experience before being hired here. Ii'll wait him out too.

No boycott for me ... I'm going to continue to have fun on game days even if it means being sick afterwards. It's part of life, it's part of football, it's part of being a FAN.

Steelers and other AFC Central Teams stand with you in your support of the direction that Lerner has the team going in!

That's all it's about... a public showing of whether or not you support Lerner's leadership and the current direction of the organization.

If you feel that Mangini's leadership - the handpicked choice of Lerner as Coach and defacto GM, has restored credibility in his leadership, playcalling, and personnel moves I'd urge you to be in your seat early to show your support.

But aside from that a public referrendum calling for a change CAN have an impact - as can your idea of boycotting buying anything at the Stadium (which is a MUCH better idea I agree.)

I will not attend another game under the current ownership or buy another piece of gear due to constantly rotating players...i support the boycott in full i love my browns but completely disapprove of the owner and current regimes failed tactics and will not support such an arrogant and wrong approach to not fixing this team with my dollars...

I dont care if anyone else wants to go to games...its their money and their wasted time and it sends an idiot and his bastard lapdogs the wrong message it says...im a dumbass browns fan that approves of the ownerships regime,tactics and suckage...i love it that this organization hates its fans and keeps us in the dark never listening..after all we arent browns family we are just money...

Send that message if you want mine is much simpler...go screw yourself lerner and mangini...i will always love the browns but i hate the current organization owner and lapdogs xxxxing guts...

This is not the team or culture i grew up adoring as a matter of fact there is nothing professional about this team from its incompetent faggot camera shy owner to its pee wee coaching staff and crybaby players to boot..like ive said before any rich bastard can own a football team...but it takes a certain breed of man with heart and soul who bleeds his teams colors to run a successful organization and randy lerner lacks every single aspect of those qualities...

I will not attend another game under the current ownership or buy another piece of gear due to constantly rotating players...i support the boycott in full i love my browns but completely disapprove of the owner and current regimes failed tactics and will not support such an arrogant and wrong approach to not fixing this team with my dollars...

I dont care if anyone else wants to go to games...its their money and their wasted time and it sends an idiot and his bastard lapdogs the wrong message it says...im a dumbass browns fan that approves of the ownerships regime,tactics and suckage...i love it that this organization hates its fans and keeps us in the dark never listening..after all we arent browns family we are just money...

Send that message if you want mine is much simpler...go screw yourself lerner and mangini...i will always love the browns but i hate the current organization owner and lapdogs xxxxing guts...

This is not the team or culture i grew up adoring as a matter of fact there is nothing professional about this team from its incompetent faggot camera shy owner to its pee wee coaching staff and crybaby players to boot..like ive said before any rich bastard can run a football team...but it takes a certain breed of man with heart and soul who bleeds his teams colors to run a successful organization and randy lerner lacks every single aspect of those qualities...

But I don't think you understand. I own PSL's and have ALREADY bought out the season through season ticket purchase. If I don't buy my season tickets next year, I lose my PSL's ($1,850) too.

I could care less whether you buy another $40 seat to a game. But if someone blocks the enterance in the concourse when it's time for me to chose when I want to sit in my seat and eat my stadium dog, soft pretzel, and drink my $9 beer, they will be wearing the beer and maybe more.

Stop whining already, geesh ... it's a freaking football game. Miss Josh Cribbs or Devin Hester opening kick-off return? haha ... yeah that's the smart time to stand in the concourse with arms crossed and bottom lip puckered.

And that my friend is exactly the reason why I paid $275 for an airline ticket (pretty cheap actually) and 2 nights hotel lodging, plus the ticket to the game, plus the cost of the endless amounts of beer that I will consume on said weekend, because goddammit I'm a Browns fan and I want to see my team play and I want to hang out with my friends.

Not to bring a downer to this, but it deserves being said as also the reason why I'm coming....i have a cousin who is a close friend, almost like a brother, laying in a hospital bed and probably won't make it to Thanksgiving, he's 40 years old, same age that I am with two young kids just like me and although I'm pretty sure the game is gonna suck when I fly back that weekend, it's more than the game...it's about the time with friends and to meet new friends and have a good time and enjoy the fact that I can still watch my favorite team play, even if they play shittty.

By not going to the game you would send a message to the owners. You are united as fans and you are the ones who give them the $ to play. Without your support there is no team. Not that a single game that is boycotted will change that, but if you keep it up it would make a big difference. But there will always be people who are willing to just go to the games no matter how their team is doing.

I'm a Pirate fan which is similar to being a browns fan. I hate the owner, I hate what they have done with the team, I will not go to any games when our intention is to just get to .500 and browns fans should feel the same way with the decisions the team and owners are making. This isn't the browns, it's the light browns. The way things are going right now it looks like ANOTHER attempt at re-building. But the thing is, instead of re-building, they are dis-mantaling. It's going to be years before you guys can actually compete again if Mangini is able to keep doing what he is doing.

The bears are about to make Cleveland look like a bad high school team. With Mangini as your coach, you better get used to it.

There is nothing wrong with this protest. In fact it's a good start.

I dont understand to boycott the opening kickoff, it might be the only time we score, with Cribbs back returning kicks. You want to boycott, Boycott when our offwnse is on the field that way you only miss about 9 minutes of the game, and you still feel like you got value for your tickets that you bought in the beginning of the year

:rolleyes:

Stan, as a fellow season ticket holder, I get what you're saying- but it IS time for a no-confidence vote. Won't be able to make the game, but I'd stay away- even if Cribbs runs the opening kickoff for a TD.

Either Brady Quinn is one of the biggest qb busts in the history of the NFL, or Mangini it totally nuts. I ABSOLUTLEY cannot support a coach that's telling me the worst rated passer in the NFL gives us the best chance to win on Sunday. Hell, put in Cribbs @ qb- pull a guy in from the Muni lot that looks good-

Prediction Bears 42- Browns 7. DA qb rating <30.

Stan, as a fellow season ticket holder, I get what you're saying- but it IS time for a no-confidence vote. Won't be able to make the game, but I'd stay away- even if Cribbs runs the opening kickoff for a TD.

Either Brady Quinn is one of the biggest qb busts in the history of the NFL, or Mangini it totally nuts. I ABSOLUTLEY cannot support a coach that's telling me the worst rated passer in the NFL gives us the best chance to win on Sunday. Hell, put in Cribbs @ qb- pull a guy in from the Muni lot that looks good-

Bullseye....I couldn't agree more!!!

FWIW, I was leaving a restaurant last night and saw a guy wearing a Browns jacket. I said, "Where's your black arm band?" He looked confused. "The one that shows you're mourning the loss of real football in Cleveland." He laughed and said, "Nah, that was back when Modell took the team. No matter how bad this gets, I'm still a Browns fan."

I think there are a lot of people who believe as he does. Everyone will protest in their own way. Staying out of seats until kickoff is one. Wearing black, black arm bands, bags on your heads is another. Turning your back to the field during kickoffs is another. Things that get on TV and are broadcast to the entire nation will get some attention. I'm not convinced it will make anything different.

I think hope also gets in the way of a unified protest. There are too many people who still believe, "THIS might be the game when they turn things around."

I just hope there are no fights between those who AREN'T going to their seats and those who are. That would only make it bad for everyone and leave a lousy public image of Browns fans. All Browns fans will be made to look like boobs because a few people had too many beers and couldn't control their tempers.

Play Quinn (again), put Cribbs in at QB ... blah, blah, blah ... When does the whining end? Seriously, we bitched all last year about the rookies not playing, we've bitched over the years about what Prima-Donna's Winslow, and Edwards were, we bitched about what a loud mouth jerk Shaun Smith was. We wanted to see Cribbs used more or Harrison used more ... Heiden too. Bitched and moaned about Andra Davis, bitched and moaned about Crennel ... bitched, bitched, bitched ... and now that all of the above have been 100% addressed, we now make statements that the guy responsible for addressing EVERY one of those area's of concern is "TOTALLY NUTS".

WTF?

Modell didn't steal our fan base did he? Our fan intelligence? loyalty?

I watched a show last night on the hardships our soldiers in Afghanistan go through on a daily basis. The place their lives are in danger at looks like a tan colored hell. I couldn't help think that some of those soilders were Browns fans and would give just about anything in the World to be laying in a comfortable bed, lap top nearside, watching HD-TV with tickets to the upcoming MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL game in a desk drawer near by.

Boycott? Protest?

Boycott and Protest the freaking War, man.

This is Football ... Josh Cribbs -vs- Devin Hester, having some beverages with friends before hand, Boo'ing , cheering, bonging, binge'ing, whatever the hell we want to do.

You guys are being lead by Dawgpound Mike (formerlly one of the 'Frye Guys'), who now wears a big plastic dawg bone as a hat and pouts for National TV shots from his front row dawgpound seats. Hey Mike, make a stand, go replace one of the soldiers on the front lines and let them come protest a freaking Monday Night Football game.

Just two years ago, we bitched we never even got MNF games ...

GO BROWNS!

depressed-browns-fan.jpgbritish_soldier_af_1289740c.jpg

320f79f9c8e86dfe19042eb33e59c7d_feature.american-soldier-korengal-valley-afghani

WOW! Take a bow for that GREAT piece of literature!

Look, the Lerner family has frustrated us to no end in terms of the product they put on the field. ALOT of that wasn't from a lack of opening the wallet or an attempt to hire good people.

People wanted and applauded Carmen Policy. It backfired.

People wanted Butch and at first it meant reversing 5-27 football with 7-9 (w/ 2 OT losses) and 9-7 (only playoff season) but the EGO and powersurge into a GM + Head Coach position he wasn't ready for REQUIRED an owner to know what he was doing.

Phil Savage seemed to be very ambitious and eager to prove he did more than fetch Ozzie's coffee in Baltimore. Unfortunately, we're swallowing his inability to draft good players after a #3 overall slot coupled compounded by FA moves that brought decayed talent or just poor judgement of talent via free agency like: Joe Andruzzi, Kevin Shaffer as a LT (he doesn't start for the Bears today), Jason Fisk, Ted Washington, Antwaan Peak, Matt Stewart, etc.

If that's not enough - let's quickly review some injury front. Courtney Brown was more fragile than the Warden's China. Jamir Miller blew out his achilles in preseason when we were seemignly planning our entire 2002 defense around his elite pass rush skills off the edge. LeCharles Bentley suffered a career ending injury before they even started tackling in training camp. Joe J seemed like he was missing more games than he could dress for. Stallworth was a HUGE waste of time and it definitely impacted what we're looking at in the fetch department today. I think Winslow missed 2 full seasons back to back so by the time we got him back he was a TE that could only catch passes while setting the edge became unrealistic. Braylon missed 1 season before putting in the dream 2007 season, which catapulted new interests other than football.

TODAY, I have the understanding that Kokinos is a well respected football guy which led to Ernie Accorsi acting as a consultant/advocate on his behalf. Accorsi also recommended him and Thomas Dimitroff to Atlanta last year so I think Accorsi knows the art of FINDING the talent and ways to explore opportunities to increase incoming talent. For example, the 1st draft Kokinos has in 2009, we have 4 picks to our name. He increases that by sending Winslow to Tampa and trading down for more picks and experienced starters/players coming from NY. Our loss? How many games has Tampa won since they got Winslow? They're auditioning their 3rd starting QB as we speak.

We also traded Braylon Edwards to the Jets for more picks, on of favre's favorite 3rd down receivers from 08 and a standout STs guy. After the trade we BEAT Buffalo and the 3-1 Jets lost 2 of their next 3 games to teams with losing records.

What I am looking for from here on out - is a young team to turn the corner. SOME guys are playing better than ever if you count how many sacks Joe Thomas yielded vrs the following players: Jared Allen, James Harrison, Antwaan Odom, Aaron Schobel, etc. Cribbs' returns for TDs and great field position speak for themselves while Kam Wimbley (pre-flu) had a sack in each of our first 4 games. Mike Adams impresses me every time he gets reps and he can play 2 positions in that secondary if need be. I was just STARTING to get as impressed with D'Qwell as others in his last 2 games before injury so I'm looking forward to see if Kaluka Maiava is the SAME type of bluecollar player. I'm looking for other young guys to make a name for themselves (Robiskie, MoMass and Veikune).

We've seen both QBs so I'm not gonna argue over fart stenches. My favorite 2 weeks of the season were the first 2 weeks after Quinn sat down. I'm not saying DA lit it up per say; BUT I am saying the opponents feared passes deeper than 4 yards so Safeties were less apt to cheat up. Replays showed us 8 dropped passes against Buffalo so more fans bellyachesd about the QB and coaching instead of the FUN running game we showcased along with one of the best STs days I think I've ever seen from our punt coverage teams. We also seem to be alot less penalized in areas involving common sense. Last year, I saw some decisions worse than my dad's dumb dog that lifted his leg on an electrical socket. This year, we seem to be coachable in these areas. Basically, the glass is either half full or half empty depending on how one has trained themself to deal with the way the season is shaking out. Just be careful about buying into any media bandwagons to fire the head coach and GM prematurely. They've been trying to portray Mangini as a basterd since he got there. Remember, SOME of these people were the same knuckleheads typing that all we had to do was replace Vinny T with Eric Zeier and welcome to the Promised Land. If memory serves me right, the last time we won a playoff game - it was in the 90s with Vinny Testaverde throwing spirals over Bill Parcells' Patriots.

Enoy the game this weekend!

- Tom F.

I'm sorry I couldn't Thank Stan twice for his post:

Play Quinn (again), put Cribbs in at QB ... blah, blah, blah ... When does the whining end? Seriously, we bitched all last year about the rookies not playing, we've bitched over the years about what Prima-Donna's Winslow, and Edwards were, we bitched about what a loud mouth jerk Shaun Smith was. We wanted to see Cribbs used more or Harrison used more ... Heiden too. Bitched and moaned about Andra Davis, bitched and moaned about Crennel ... bitched, bitched, bitched ... and now that all of the above have been 100% addressed, we now make statements that the guy responsible for addressing EVERY one of those area's of concern is "TOTALLY NUTS".

WTF?

Modell didn't steal our fan base did he? Our fan intelligence? loyalty?

I watched a show last night on the hardships our soldiers in Afghanistan go through on a daily basis. The place their lives are in danger at looks like a tan colored hell. I couldn't help think that some of those soilders were Browns fans and would give just about anything in the World to be laying in a comfortable bed, lap top nearside, watching HD-TV with tickets to the upcoming MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL game in a desk drawer near by.

Boycott? Protest?

Boycott and Protest the freaking War, man.

This is Football ... Josh Cribbs -vs- Devin Hester, having some beverages with friends before hand, Boo'ing , cheering, bonging, binge'ing, whatever the hell we want to do.

You guys are being lead by Dawgpound Mike (formerlly one of the 'Frye Guys'), who now wears a big plastic dawg bone as a hat and pouts for National TV shots from his front row dawgpound seats. Hey Mike, make a stand, go replace one of the soldiers on the front lines and let them come protest a freaking Monday Night Football game.

Just two years ago, we bitched we never even got MNF games ...

GO BROWNS!

Reduced: 79% of original size [ 721 x 485 ] - Click to view full image

You couldn't be more wrong. If the stands were full of screaming fans, what message would that send? That we're stupid idiots willing to do anything for this piece of crap team, that's what.

The best message? Keep the stadium empty until they become a competitive team. The message? That we're sick and tired and not going to take it anymore.

Speak with your wallets. Stay home.

You couldn't be more wrong. If the stands were full of screaming fans, what message would that send? That we're stupid idiots willing to do anything for this piece of crap team, that's what.

The best message? Keep the stadium empty until they become a competitive team. The message? That we're sick and tired and not going to take it anymore.

I think you missed the message. Season Ticket holders already BOUGHT the tix. Not for nothing but the NFL REALLY wants to do a little NFL CPR on Los Angeles. What better way to show the Commish the interest in football died in Cleveland than to stay away from games? That's as absurd as some anti-abortion person that hates the act of murder so much that he goes out and KILLS people working at Planned Parenthood to deliver his message. All that does is show America we've got another crackpipe genius on our hands to contend with.

If you're REALLY disappointed with the Lerner Family or frustrated with their competance to this point - draft up a letter to the Commish and get a bunch of people to sign how disappointed they are that such a once proud tradition won it's LAST playoff game 16 years ago.

- Tom F.

Anybody that doesn't want to attend the games, please give them to me for free. I will gladly go to the games. Our team might be bad right now, but we will turn things around, Then all the fair weather fans will come back around.

Well...it isn't stupid as hell....in fact....you have the owner talking about it, the Defensive Coordinator talking about it....now if we can just get Napolean to talk about it we might be getting somewhere. Can anyone photoshop EM's face in a portrait of Napoleon for me...I'd Love it...thanks

This is one of the only well thought out posts on this subject and it's from some newbie. Some of you guys are so stuborn that you don't see the facts. You need to send a message like this to the team. Wake up or you will wallow in mediocrity at best for years to come. What you really need to do is keep protesting every week until they start making some better decisiosns.

And Flugel, nobody is scared of DA throwing deep. Nobody is scared of DA period. Quinn might not have done that well either but young players need repetition at NFL speed to bring their game up and this kid has 100 times more potential then any of the QBs on your roster. Do you remember the fact that Troy P. on the STEELERS was considered a bust for a couple years? Santonio Holmes on the STEELERS also had a very hard time in his first year. Many players do, but good teams work through this and get the kid on the field. They are not getting any better sitting on the bench, nor do they become trade fodder. They rot and you lose worth.

I hope you guys grow a set and actually realize that sending a message like this is the best thing you can do as fans of a team you love. Look at the amount of news coverage it has recieved already? If the stands are empty you can bet this will be big news and that the team will take notice. I can't believe that some of you would rather see Cribbs make a single run back than to actually send this message to the team.

And Flugel, nobody is scared of DA throwing deep. Nobody is scared of DA period.

FOS,

I don't mind you entering the discussion but don't take statements out of context. I don't think I ever used the word SCARED. I just know the ONE team in the league that didn't respect DA's arm strength was the ONLY team he ever lit up for 5 TD passes in 1 football game. I've never seen them cheat their safeties up against us since that day. That being the case, we've been able to RUN the ball effectively against them EVEN the rematch game in 2007 where we ran for 140 yards inspite of 4 DA INTs.

When Quinn was starting, teams could put all 11 guys in the box because Quinn wasn't looking deeper than 3-4 yards downfield. It definitely plays a role in how defenses are game planning for the Browns' offense. Hence, my favorite 2 games were the first 2 games Quinn didn't start this year. We had a chance to win both games because we RAN the ball well. Nobody thought DA was Pro Bowl material BUT they seemed reluctant to cheat their Safeties up. As time goes on, if we don't have anyone CATCHING the passes touching their fingers - we'll prolly see more teams willing to cheat Safeties into the box. Why not? If that's not enough, Jamal hasn't been catchign passes well and we've had different guys starting at TE for us seemingly every week.

I don't think we HAVE a franchise QB employed on this team right now so I'm not as willing to fight for 1 of them right now. Jimmy Johnson said it best on 1 of the halftime shows last week: "the more Derek Anderson AND Brady Quinn start games - the less market value they have." More specifically, they both stink.

- Tom F.

This is one of the only well thought out posts on this subject and it's from some newbie. Some of you guys are so stuborn that you don't see the facts. You need to send a message like this to the team. Wake up or you will wallow in mediocrity at best for years to come. What you really need to do is keep protesting every week until they start making some better decisiosns.

And Flugel, nobody is scared of DA throwing deep. Nobody is scared of DA period. Quinn might not have done that well either but young players need repetition at NFL speed to bring their game up and this kid has 100 times more potential then any of the QBs on your roster. Do you remember the fact that Troy P. on the STEELERS was considered a bust for a couple years? Santonio Holmes on the STEELERS also had a very hard time in his first year. Many players do, but good teams work through this and get the kid on the field. They are not getting any better sitting on the bench, nor do they become trade fodder. They rot and you lose worth.

Our first round draft pick has played every down this season. Our second receiver is starting as our #1, our other second round receiver is starting as our #2. We have two young QB's, one started the season, the other replaced him. Our rookie RB saw a good share of carries in the preseason, but has since been placed on IR. Another young RB has spent much time on the bench learning how to pick up blitz, received a start this season and hit for over 100-yards. Our rookie LB's will get playing time from here on out, with a little over half the season remaining. YOU are talking about ONE player who started the season in his third year, was horrible, hindered all of those around him (most listed above) almost as bad and certainly didn't manage the offense to even get them work/experience. DA might not be anymore productive but he gets rid of the ball within the timing of the play, throws in the vicinity but at least throws, has helped the O-line and has opened up a crack of light for the Running game.

Keep protesting until baby Quinn plays? Is that what you are saying? What other decisions could we force right now?

I hope you guys grow a set and actually realize that sending a message like this is the best thing you can do as fans of a team you love. Look at the amount of news coverage it has recieved already? If the stands are empty you can bet this will be big news and that the team will take notice. I can't believe that some of you would rather see Cribbs make a single run back than to actually send this message to the team.

FU ... seriously, FU. Don't come here like you are some guru fan because your team drafted well, had a lot of luck and have won recently. What the fuck part did YOU joe-fan play in that? STFU.

We protested a bad call ny throwing bottles, did you support us on that? hyprocrite.

FOS,

I don't mind you entering the discussion but don't take statements out of context. I don't think I ever used the word SCARED. I just know the ONE team in the league that didn't respect DA's arm strength was the ONLY team he ever lit up for 5 TD passes in 1 football game. I've never seen them cheat their safeties up against us since that day. That being the case, we've been able to RUN the ball effectively against them EVEN the rematch game in 2007 where we ran for 140 yards inspite of 4 DA INTs.

When Quinn was starting, teams could put all 11 guys in the box because Quinn wasn't looking deeper than 3-4 yards downfield. It definitely plays a role in how defenses are game planning for the Browns' offense. Hence, my favorite 2 games were the first 2 games Quinn didn't start this year. We had a chance to win both games because we RAN the ball well. Nobody thought DA was Pro Bowl material BUT they seemed reluctant to cheat their Safeties up. As time goes on, if we don't have anyone CATCHING the passes touching their fingers - we'll prolly see more teams willing to cheat Safeties into the box. Why not? If that's not enough, Jamal hasn't been catchign passes well and we've had different guys starting at TE for us seemingly every week.

I don't think we HAVE a franchise QB employed on this team right now so I'm not as willing to fight for 1 of them right now. Jimmy Johnson said it best on 1 of the halftime shows last week: "the more Derek Anderson AND Brady Quinn start games - the less market value they have." More specifically, they both stink.

- Tom F.

WOW! Take a bow for that GREAT piece of literature!

We've seen both QBs so I'm not gonna argue over fart stenches. My favorite 2 weeks of the season were the first 2 weeks after Quinn sat down. I'm not saying DA lit it up per say; BUT I am saying the opponents feared passes deeper than 4 yards so Safeties were less apt to cheat up. - Tom F.

I don't have much time. The kids are starting to knock on the door and I have to put my browns football suit on for the Scary holiday. LOL

Really though, it sounds like you think that DA is a better option. I have always said the same thing. If he is then Mangina should have gone with him from the begining. All he did was cause a major controversy, sold your better players for pennies on the dollar, and tore apart any chemistry your team had. What he did almost tore this site apart let alone a team full of players who bought into the system when he decided he had no system except crazy.

Teams put those players in the box because of what Anderson DID FOR A FEW GAMES years ago. They know how to beat this guy, the entire NFL does. I'm sorry but Mangina has made as bad a decisions as any of your coaches and I was wrong about him. I thought he was a good choice but it looks like he is just a guy who puts his ego in front of the reality of what it takes to win.

Quinn may or may not have been your franchise QB, but for Mangina to do what he did takes serious stupidity. That kid never had a chance in the browns orginization and neither did any of your players to really succeed with the decisions being made.

I know... Harsh. Sorry, I'm looking at this as a fan who is not even a fan of your team, wants your team to succeed, and would be happy as hell if you guys actually started making teams worry about playing you instead of being a huge pushover.

Seems only people who arent spending anyway think this way. As a Bengals fan, i have the silly fan boycots and planes and billboards FRESH in my mind. buncha fools. notihng was accomplished by a silly website or group of fans or bags on heads or empty seats..

the only money your taking away from the team is concession and pro shop sales.. which is probably 1-2 mil per game, tops,the teams bills are paid with the CBA: tv deals, merchandise deals, shared revenue, etc..

what happens if they make zero money for the rest of the year? not much financially, some good tax write offs, but then what happens?

do you think, that somewhere in an office in your teams front office there are guys saying..

wow... WAIT A MINUTE! all this pretending to win stuff isnt working, maybe i should try now?

the only way to make money as an nfl franchise is to WIN games, you can hear crickets in the pro shops after a loss, and cant get in the door after a win.

winning = money

so taking away, a mac 16 million to 32 million in lost concession or merch sales is nothing.. the teams are worth nearly a BILLION dollars..

it does nothing but make the fans look fickle and like a weak fanbase.

either you get the right people to pick the right players and motivate properly or you dont... boycott does nothing, walk out does nothing.

ownership needs to make a wise GM choice and/or a wise HC choice so they can make wise coordinator choices, and so on.

and even if all that goes well, you have injuries and experience working against success too.

look at the bengals a year ago and today..we arent half way into the year yet and have 25% more wins than last year..

maybe 4 new players and about 15 back from IR....

if quinn or anderson had plenty of time to throw, things would be different, you may not need new WR's new rb, new qb, new linemen ,etc.. maybe a better blocking scheme or better blockers fixes a "majority" of offensive issues.

harrison looks crazy fast hitting the line and holes, and the WR from Georgia is a monster..

some of the skill pieces seem to be there.. a head coach gets 3 years typically to get his staff in place and players in place..

im not a mangini fan, but he is still cleaning up someone elses project currently..

2 drafts and time to adjust the team to his type of guys will speak volumes..

ownership and management will do NOTHING, until plan A has run its course properly..

the past 13 years mistakes have NOTHING to do with 2009, or 2010, or 2011, nothing is more foolish than bengals fans saying things like "1 winning season in 18 years" as if 1998 has something to do with marvin, palmer, chad, etc... its just silliness...

you paid ticket money for entertainment, go and have fun with friends and fans...

boycotting is utterly pointless and foolish...

RL is a billionaire and has spent the $$$. Money hasn't bought us a SB and it can't buy us what we need. Time.

RL couldn't give a rats ass whether your in your seats or not.

True, but I think a symbolic boycott will definitely bring the focus on the fact that fans point their fingers at the owner.

I mean: no more bla-bla-bla on RAC, DA, BE, BQ, EM. Just the ownership.

That would change the perspective, wouldn't it?

For, ehm..., "geographical reasons" I will not be able to do anything in support of the boycott. But if I lived in Cleveland I would be part of it.

True, but I think a symbolic boycott will definitely bring the focus on the fact that fans point their fingers at the owner.

I mean: no more bla-bla-bla on RAC, DA, BE, BQ, EM. Just the ownership.

That would change the perspective, wouldn't it?

For, ehm..., "geographical reasons" I will not be able to do anything in support of the boycott. But if I lived in Cleveland I would be part of it.

Yeah but.........

Yes Randy's an idiot, no doubt, but I wouldn't think greed stands in his way.

He probably wants to be better.

But he could stumble across a decent management and coaching staff that could be successful.

Bob Kraft is not a genius.

He got lucky and stayed with it.

WSS

You do realize the next step if the stands stay empty don't you? It's not rebuilding, they've been trying to do that since expansion. Owning a professional football team is a business and like any business, if it doesn't make money it'll shut sown and move on. That my friends, is the next step!

Archived