THE BROWNS BOARD

The Boycott is stupid as hell

ATENEARS

This team was total f**king garbage last year, undisciplined, lazy ass, prima donna's.

There was no accountability from anyone..The roster was f**kin trash. 26 guys that

released from last years team only f**kin 2 of them NOW have NFL jobs..WTF does

that tell you..There's probably still a few left...yes?..You cannot flip an entire NFL roster in

one freakin year..its not possible..Mangini is playing the rookies, using Cribbs more, The defense

has played well for long stretches, Mack and Masaquai look like the real deal

Brown Fans..Don't let the media, local or national hoodwink you into not supporting your team.

We have 11 picks next year thanks to Mangini and Kokinis, so give them some f**kin time to do the job.

There ain't no f**kin magic wand here people. Smart planning and rebuilding a roster is the only way

to make this team competitive..The Redskins keep trying to buy that playoff team..How's that working out

for them. Its f**kin not, They are in cap hell and they suck.

Every Brown fan alive should have howled at that a**hole Savage..HE PUT US IN THIS POSTION NOT MANGINI AND KOKINIS. A

BUNCH OF THOSE GUYS THEY CUT WERE SAVAGE'S DRAFT PICKS AND THEY CAN'T EVEN GET JOBS IN THE

F**KIN LEAGUE NOW

My apologies for all the curses but I'm sick and tired of this negative bulls**t..The Brown are OUR team

You think any of those journalist are Browns fans..hell no there not.They know if they bring up the Browns

or Mangini it gets them press coverage everywhere..Its self serving BS by people with NO knowledge of

how to build an NFL franchise..Mangini has seen it done in NE and HE DID IT in NY and Kokinis was a huge

part of it in Baltimore..Have some FAITH and patience people..What happen the last 10 years here is not

EM or GK fault.

peterbell

Chuck Noll went 1-13 his first year at the helm ... at what point in the season did you big bad ass Steeler fans boycott?

I don't think FOS is trying to be a dick. I'm just trying to clarify something about the difference between a QB that WILL throw the ball depper than 4 yards and one that refused to. The one willing to seemed to give our RUNNING GAME some giddyup by the way defenses were playing us. Never said they were SCARED of DA but I did say somebody like Cincy certainly stopped cheatign Safeties up in the box EVERY time we've played them after our first matchup with them in 2007 (5 TD passes and alot of Cincy Safeties MIA that day in the pass defense). The NEXT we played them we RAN the ball well but our QB threw 4 INTs. I'm not a DA fan - I just thought he provided a spark to PARTS of our offense that were previously lifeless when Quinn was starting.

BUT neither QB lit it up in the preseason. I think with the knowledge that Quinn was seemingly talented enough to be a 1st roung pick and knowing DA took every snap in our 10 wins in 2007, he was hoping he wasn't choosing the more talented QB instead of the lesser of 2 evils.

Going down memory lane BEFORE Bradshaw ever got his career completion percentage above 50% I know Terry Bradshaw was benched for Joe Gilliam by Chuck Noll. Not every Hall of Fame QB shows up like they're headed for the hall of Fame and there is no example better than Bradshaw or even Dan Fouts if you look at how he started off.

I watched a TIVO'd college game yesterday. Jonathan Crompton was 12 of 24 passing with 2 TD passes to the FBs (one of them was actually underthrown near the goal line and would have been dropped by our backs). Point is - if he had 8 guys dropping passes on a rainy day - his stats would have changed to 4 of 24 and the steady flow of "the QB sucks" floods their local radio stations. Truth is he played well considering the weather and a wet ball. When guys CATCH the dang thing it does wonders for a guy's confidence and rythym. If they drop it on 3rd down - we're kicking. The OLD DA used to throw a higher percentage of his passes to the opposing jersey so if they're hitting our PROS in the facemask, chest or hands - it's actually an improvement on the accuracy thing.

Guys HAVE to catch the football when they're getting 6 digit salaries or they just become temps. I'd rather see Vickers in our passing game than Jamal - we're dicking that kid around all because Jamal needs a pacifier. Not only that, NOW when Harrison comes on the field - we take the 1 BIG back willing to block for him off the field and we end up giving more of the carries to Jamal when I see this limp wristed backfield of Lewis and Harrison. IMO, our line is blocking WAY better than they're getting credited for per Joe Thomas' in the huddle comment: "Hey fellas - can we start catchign the damn ball?" He's shut some pretty big names out but people are getting more caught up in fire the OC, Fire Mangini and listen to Jamal about running a business. Are ya freakin kidding me?

Every Sunday, my biggest question is WHO is our scoring weapon in the vertical game. Who's the seasoned legit #1? If you can answer that with comfort and joy - trash the QB all you want. Neither QB got dick out of Edwards this year and we've already replays of 2 Sanchez INTs that bounced off Edwards' hand first. I'm not GIDDY about our inherited QB situation BUT I do think whoever is starting for us can be helped by the following things:

1) More talent at WR. Stallworth gave us the high hard one in the dumpster. Braylon has other interests. Winslow is on his 3rd QB in TB already.

2) Better focus and concentration. NOBODY on this team comes back to the ball, which is why we're so conditioned to default right back to DA sucks. NOBODY looks it in - that has to be conditioned. Guys are looking for daylight after the catch when the ball is coming to them. Run the freakin route.

3) Speaking of routes - who is seasoned enough to understand the NFL blitz adjustments out there? I mention a Marvin Harrison available because he covers all 3 needs mentioned here extremely well. The BEST part about him is he is a FREE AGENT meanign we don't have to trade guys we need to KEEP. This where Lerner should be in better tune with the people deciding what comes out of his wallet. I think Mangini and Kokinos are trying to do the best they can BUT why are we so willing to throw up a white surrender flag at our WR position with 9 games left?

4) If this isn't enough, I don't mind losing Winslow for TEs that actually block DE/OLBs - what sucks is Heiden has been injured, Rucker was apparently worthless, Royal doesn't do anything well. I thought Gaines looked good both times he was thrown to and Eric Estrada/whatever is allegedly miossed in Jax. Hopefully this gets better with repetition and chemistry.

- Tom F.

This team was total f**king garbage last year, undisciplined, lazy ass, prima donna's.

There was no accountability from anyone..The roster was f**kin trash. 26 guys that

that tell you..There's probably still a few left...yes?..You cannot flip an entire NFL roster in

one freakin year..its not possible..Mangini is playing the rookies, using Cribbs more, The defense

Brown Fans..Don't let the media, local or national hoodwink you into not supporting your team.

We have 11 picks next year thanks to Mangini and Kokinis, so give them some f**kin time to do the job.

There ain't no f**kin magic wand here people. Smart planning and rebuilding a roster is the only way

to make this team competitive..The Redskins keep trying to buy that playoff team..How's that working out

Every Brown fan alive should have howled at that a**hole Savage..HE PUT US IN THIS POSTION NOT MANGINI AND KOKINIS. A

BUNCH OF THOSE GUYS THEY CUT WERE SAVAGE'S DRAFT PICKS AND THEY CAN'T EVEN GET JOBS IN THE

F**KIN LEAGUE NOW

My apologies for all the curses but I'm sick and tired of this negative bulls**t..The Brown are OUR team

You think any of those journalist are Browns fans..hell no there not.They know if they bring up the Browns

or Mangini it gets them press coverage everywhere..Its self serving BS by people with NO knowledge of

how to build an NFL franchise..Mangini has seen it done in NE and HE DID IT in NY and Kokinis was a huge

part of it in Baltimore..Have some FAITH and patience people..What happen the last 10 years here is not

EM or GK fault.

peterbell

Great post Peterbell ... finally someone else who gets it, please stick around and post more as I am so sick of this negative bitching and moaning lead by the media and absorbed by sheep-fans.

F**KIN LEAGUE NOW

EM or GK fault.

peterbell

come on peter, tell us how you really feel.

come on peter, tell us how you really feel.

LOL..Thanks also ATENEARS. I'm just done with this crap and people who are not even Browns fans

telling us what to think and what we should..With the print media its always about selling newspapers

which will be obsolete in a few years and they know it, so they are turning them into GOOSIP COLUMNS.

because they know that sells..its really quite sad...we are CLEVELAND BROWNS FANS LETS ACT LIKE WE

ARE

LOL..Thanks also ATENEARS. I'm just done with this crap and people who are not even Browns fans

telling us what to think and what we should..With the print media its always about selling newspapers

which will be obsolete in a few years and they know it, so they are turning them into GOOSIP COLUMNS.

because they know that sells..its really quite sad...we are CLEVELAND BROWNS FANS LETS ACT LIKE WE

ARE

On this site, we used to have a bunch of poser's that were just Brady Quinn fans. I think their sisters brought him home once or something and they feel connected .. well that, and a few had man-love for the guy. We ridded ourselves of them, kicked them to the curb. This site ain't about 'hit counts' of dreamy-eye'd QB fags ... it's about football and I like what this site attracts and that is fans who see what needed to be done here, are staying the course, and are watching the small improvments as the young guys gain experience and all parts begin to gel.

Sometimes it is like watching grass grow, but it beats debating QB's endlessly who either most likely won't be here in the end anyhow.

Daboll seems to be pushing Anderson and praising the young receivers. I like this. The receivers need confidence and Anderson needs to know his excuses are running out. I'm looking for the best game our passing game has had here this season. I know that ain't saying much, but it's the old 'watching grass grow' thing again ... but it is something to watch. The game-inside-the-game is what you tune into these contest for this season. those that can't understand that will be joining DawgPound Michell in a boycott, hanging around the tailgate spilling more beer on their Frye costumes.

The goobers standing in the tunnels waiting to run to their seats once the kickoff has occurred had better be yelling "Here we go Brownies, Here we go!" for all to hear.

F**KIN LEAGUE NOW

My apologies for all the curses

peterbell

You had me at Lazy Ass! Dude that gets an A+ for style points. I can't believe how guys like Carmen Policy and Phil Savage escape out of town without an ounce of acountability for what they did to enormous spending allowances the owner allotted them. I've been asking people HOW they can blame Mankok for the hand they received.

I'm looking at the guys improving and every single TALENTED guy on this roster is playign betetr in my opinion:

Joe Thomas has held countless big name sackers sackless.

Cribbs is playign beter than ever on returns IMO.

Wimbley, before the flu, was on a pace to devour the season he had as a rookie

Many said D'Qwell was playing his best football

Alex Mack is improving every week

Mike Adams is our most well-rounded DB not to be confused with Phil's Brodney Pocket pool

Shaun Rogers, when healthy, had us in ideal positions to win games vrs Buffalo and Cincy.

Steinbach looks better this year than he did last year.

All these people that wonder why GREAT candidates wouldn't consider Cleveland and the first people to say "Fire the Head Coach" as early as preseason in the 1st season. Some of that is just crackpipe abuse of freedom of speech folks. Come on!

You cannot possibly assess the type of job being doine without fully understandign the magnitude of screwup Savage and Policy set us back with. Firing 1 scapegoat hasn't solved the problem yet has it?

- Tom F.

FU ... seriously, FU. Don't come here like you are some guru fan because your team drafted well, had a lot of luck and have won recently. What the xxxx part did YOU joe-fan play in that? STFU.

We protested a bad call ny throwing bottles, did you support us on that? hyprocrite.

I would never support you guys for thowing bottles at the refs. That was rediculous and could have seriously hurt someone. A protest otherwise would have been supported by the entire NFL, even your rivals.

As far as your FU. Right back in your face Stan. All I did was put up my opinion.

What part did I put up with my team? None as a player. But, I was there as a fan supporting them since my first game in 1969. My family was friends with many players and announcers in the 70s and I spent alot of time at games on the sidelines with my father because he was a sports reporter at the time.

But if they ever started pulling the crap your coach is recently I would have protested, especially if one was making news like this one is.

Chuck Noll went 1-13 his first year at the helm ... at what point in the season did you big bad ass Steeler fans boycott?

Chuck Noll in his first year as coach started by drafting two of the best nfl players in history. He continued that and never made stupid decisions like trading away your best talent. What he did the first year was get rid of the "dead wood" on the team and kept the best talent. Pretty much the exact opposite of what Mangini did.

Chuck Noll in his first year as coach started by drafting two of the best nfl players in history. He continued that and never made stupid decisions like trading away your best talent. What he did the first year was get rid of the "dead wood" on the team and kept the best talent. Pretty much the exact opposite of what Mangini did.

He was so smart to lose his last 13 games and position his team for the first pick in the draft ... I bet you guys cheered every loss, never wavered ... wow, I wish we had such neat-o fans.

posers ... Chuck Noll didn't exsist until years later when Football was finally born in Pittsburgh.

boycotting the team is about as effective as not voting [politically]. IMO work within the system to effect the change you want to see. anything else is, well, kinda lazy in all honesty. get your pen out, wear a brown/orange arm band ala kathy, email, make calls...hell, even toilet papering the facility would accomplish more. boycotts hurt players, identity, and team pride.

never betray those that like you. EMPOWER THEM.

JMO but I think it is a good idea by dog pound Mike. It sends a message......plus I think the message has really caught on.

Maybe an anti DA t-shirt too......oh I forgot....it's not his fault at all.

if i ever see Dog Pound Mike in person i'm gonna punch him in his fat gut. how about that message?

just on principle alone, screw that dude.

I think it's going to happen, it's all over the media now...........maybe there will be a few party pooping fans that disagree.....but whatever.

I'm surprised at all the negativity towards dog pound Mike. No.....I don't know him, but am I missing something?

I think it's going to happen, it's all over the media now...........maybe there will be a few party pooping fans that disagree.....but whatever.

I'm surprised at all the negativity towards dog pound Mike. No.....I don't know him, but am I missing something?

yeah he's a very dedicated browns fan who I hear travels around the country to away browns games, most of you criticizing him probably aren't near his level of dedication.

F**KIN LEAGUE NOW

EM or GK fault.

peterbell

I also agree with most of this post minus the fact that Massaquoi looks like a #2 receiver at best.

Archived