THE BROWNS BOARD

Do or Die for Derek Anderson Today

ATENEARS

This thing hasn't been played up this week and perhaps it should be, as I see this as a do or die situation for Derek Anderson on the road in Chicago.

This Passing Offense has got to show improvment today. You can read between the coaches words, staing anywhere from, "I don't think it's time to make a switch to anothe QB just yet" -to- "DA needs to start making connections and stop leaving plays out on the field".

If the Passing game struggles today, Derek Anderson will be replaced and Ratliff or even Quinn and given the Bye-week break to establish some rythmn with the young receivers.

Daboll put a lot of confidence in the receivers. Praised them for making the right reads, doing some good things without the ball and then turned to Anderson and put it on him to get them the ball. DA has been working his tail off to get better, everyone in Berea has buckled down and concentrated on improving. But if we don't see it today, expect changes.

DA may put up very good numbers today, that won't win anyone over as all are looking for consistency here. However, getting something started will go a long ways in helping the offense have something to build on through the Bye-week break.

No pressure has been put on DA, which from past experience is a good thing, but I believe the writing is on the wall ... he has this game and this game alone to ignite a spark.

I'm pulling for Derek Anderson, but can cut my ties if I don't see something today. It won't take much to gain improvement, but improvement is the key.

da.JPG

I'm pulling for Derek Anderson, but can cut my ties if I don't see something today. It won't take much to gain improvement, but improvement is the key.

I'll be happy as a clam if he turns into the second coming of Brian Sipe.

This thing hasn't been played up this week and perhaps it should be, as I see this as a do or die situation for Derek Anderson on the road in Chicago.

This Passing Offense has got to show improvment today. You can read between the coaches words, staing anywhere from, "I don't think it's time to make a switch to anothe QB just yet" -to- "DA needs to start making connections and stop leaving plays out on the field".

If the Passing game struggles today, Derek Anderson will be replaced and Ratliff or even Quinn and given the Bye-week break to establish some rythmn with the young receivers.

Daboll put a lot of confidence in the receivers. Praised them for making the right reads, doing some good things without the ball and then turned to Anderson and put it on him to get them the ball. DA has been working his tail off to get better, everyone in Berea has buckled down and concentrated on improving. But if we don't see it today, expect changes.

DA may put up very good numbers today, that won't win anyone over as all are looking for consistency here. However, getting something started will go a long ways in helping the offense have something to build on through the Bye-week break.

No pressure has been put on DA, which from past experience is a good thing, but I believe the writing is on the wall ... he has this game and this game alone to ignite a spark.

da.JPG

:wacko:

4 1/2 weeks of DA possibly, no make that literally, being the WORST, most pathetic excuse for an NFL QB in the last 15-20 years and just now you MIGHT be ready to cut ties? LMAO!!! But you "cut ties" with Quinn after 2 1/2 games!!??

When will you DA lovers ever admit it? The guy sucks as no other QB has sucked in 15 years.

hmmm, maybe that's why Mangina still plays him. DA sucks "better" than Quinn. :lol:

I mean your pic shows his impeccable form...look at the wide opening...the flexing of the jaw....the outstretched hands.... he's showing his talents right there in the pic. And you guys say Quinn is gay?

4 1/2 weeks of DA possibly, no make that literally, being the WORST, most pathetic excuse for an NFL QB in the last 15-20 years and just now you MIGHT be ready to cut ties? LMAO!!! But you "cut ties" with Quinn after 2 1/2 games!!??

When will you DA lovers ever admit it? The guy sucks as no other QB has sucked in 15 years.

hmmm, maybe that's why Mangina still plays him. DA sucks "better" than Quinn. :lol:

I mean your pic shows his impeccable form...look at the wide opening...the flexing of the jaw....the outstretched hands.... he's showing his talents right there in the pic. And you guys say Quinn is gay?

Nice screen name ... a little obsessed?

Oh, Hello SoCalDawg ... didn't recognize you under the fake screen name.

funny post.

I support DA because he is the QB playing for the Browns. I'm not a DA lover, but seeing what Quinn showed us in the first 2 1/2 games I have to say that he does give us the best chance to win. Sir Dink n Dunk poses no downfield threat whatsoever so automatically we see everyone stack the box and Harrison/Lewis/Cribbs have nowhere to run. With no running game you are forced to pass the ball. When you can't hit a receiver accurately past 25 yards it makes those 10 yards you need a hell of a lot harder to get on a consistent basis. THIS is why we back Anderson, not because he is the secret 3rd Manning brother. Not too sure why some people don't understand this. Quinn brings some things to the table that DA doesn't, such as: poise, leadership, accuracy and touch on the short passes, and more mobility. But without the threat of the deep ball it will be very difficult for Quinn to win games at this point in his career.

In a nutshell, we know Anderson sucks...but we also know Quinn has sucked a little bit more this season. Another wasted Sunday and I'm ready to see what Quinn can do coming out of a bye week.

I tend to agree, DA has to show some elements of positivity on the passing attack. I've liked his attitude in terms of him saying he's been really learning a lot this season. Now it's time apply the things you've learned like a smart and talented player he possibly is. (well talented at least)

If he craps the bed with another 9-28 performance Mangini will need to make the change even if he doesn't want to do so. I'm of the opinion too that it would be Quinn and not Ratliff. (at least initially)

Archived