THE BROWNS BOARD

Does the Boycott still take place, if Quinn is named starter?

ATENEARS

Will the boycott still go through if Mangini states in his press conference that Brady Quinn will receive the Bye week to prepare for a start against the Ravens on MNF?

Mangini will NEVER say who he is going to start...he will continue this pokerface bullshit that has gotten us nowhere so far

Will the boycott still go through if Mangini states in his press conference that Brady Quinn will receive the Bye week to prepare for a start against the Ravens on MNF?

I don't see what your starting QB has to do with this. Yeah, it would be a good decision to bench DA, but that does not take away the assinine things Mangini did this season. Personally I don't understand why your owner is not firing him right now. At least he is bringing in some help. Mangini is in way over his head.

I would think so, the boycott is about the talent of the overall team and not just a QB change

WHAT are they boycotting?

The 4 draft picks Savage left us for 2009?

Josh Cribbs?

Joe Thomas?

Shaun Rogers?

Kam Wimbley?

Alex mack?

What a NICE way remind our players of why they can't wait to get the Hell out of Cleveland?

This is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard of.

Somebody with decent writing skills should draft up a letter to Roger Goodell that this level of ownership for such a storied franchise is completely unacceptable. Then get as many signatures as possible. This owning a Pro Soccer team overseas while our owner doesn't even know anything about our Qb situation is a gigantic red flag.

- Tom F.

Got a text from a old reporter friend that covers the Browns and it isn't if Quinn will start, it is that Lerner said the QB controversy is over. I think they may be looking to release DA this week on orders from Lerner. Lerner was pissed when Quinn got the quick hook in the first place.

WHAT are they boycotting?

The 4 draft picks Savage left us for 2009?

Josh Cribbs?

Joe Thomas?

Shaun Rogers?

Kam Wimbley?

Alex mack?

What a NICE way remind our players of why they can't wait to get the Hell out of Cleveland?

This is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard of.

Somebody with decent writing skills should draft up a letter to Roger Goodell that this level of ownership for such a storied franchise is completely unacceptable. Then get as many signatures as possible. This owning a Pro Soccer team overseas while our owner doesn't even know anything about our Qb situation is a gigantic red flag.

- Tom F.

Tom, I would think they would be boycotting the games because the coach has made some of the most questionable choices ever. Anyone that trades away some of the best talent on the team for pennies on the dollar, keeps starting a QB that should never have even been given a chance in the first place, (come on, everyone else in the NFL knew that DA was garbage years ago) and then your coach proceeded from day one to tear apart any team chemistry that was there already. He let his ego get in his way and every one of you should be screaming for the guys head. What he did was almost criminal and I will admit that I was way way way wrong about Mangini when I said the browns had finally had a decent coach. The owner needs to sit down with someone like Cowher or Parcells and figure out exactly what their game plan is because it has only been getting worse. I never thought I would say that Mangini was a worse coach than Romeo, but he is. I wish you the best and hope your team figures this out.

Tom, I would think they would be boycotting the games because the coach has made some of the most questionable choices ever. Anyone that trades away some of the best talent on the team for pennies on the dollar, keeps starting a QB that should never have even been given a chance in the first place, (come on, everyone else in the NFL knew that DA was garbage years ago) and then your coach proceeded from day one to tear apart any team chemistry that was there already. He let his ego get in his way and every one of you should be screaming for the guys head. What he did was almost criminal and I will admit that I was way way way wrong about Mangini when I said the browns had finally had a decent coach. The owner needs to sit down with someone like Cowher or Parcells and figure out exactly what their game plan is because it has only been getting worse. I never thought I would say that Mangini was a worse coach than Romeo, but he is. I wish you the best and hope your team figures this out.

I'm not half as harsh as some of the folks here are about Lerner. Grandpa Rooney had an unmitigated disaster of a franchise until he hit the motherlode with Chuck Noll. Maybe a parallel can be drawn to the Browns southern neighbors- the Bengals. Plenty of folks consider Mike Brown to be a dolt- but should we follow his example and wait another 5 years to see if Mangini is the next Marvin Lewis (or Bill Belicheck) or the next David Shula? This fanbase is totally fed up, and sure won't wait that long to find out.

Tom pointed out there still is some talent on this team- but it's performing worse than the expansion '99 Browns. That's on the coaching staff.

Didn't Mangini tell Lerner he "could win with Quinn?" So he yanks BQ and keeps trotting out a guy who with 30 more passing attempts would qualify for the worst passer rating in the history of the NFL, and then tells the fans "we have the best chance to win" with this bozo interception machine out there. Whatever you're smoking Eric, could I have a hit or two? It might make the Sundays more tolerable.

Like Little League baseball- for the good of the team, the player, and the fans Lerner has to step in and end this travesty NOW. Cut DA, and stop him from embarrassing himself further. And if EM won't go along, fire him too. I have three good reasons to do so- Cowher, Gruden, and Shanahan.

I think they need to fire Mangini and get someone with a proven winning record. He will have to open his wallet and make it a position that people want. With the dismantalling done by Mangini, I think it will take a coach a couple years to really get that team competitive again. It's lost it's heart and soul and what made it a proud franchise. Even though you guys have had some tough years, I never saw that happen until this season.

I would think so, the boycott is about the talent of the overall team and not just a QB change

I don't know. My feeling is the majority of the malcontents are the ones who invested so heavily in BQ.

JMO

I have three good reasons to do so- Cowher, Gruden, and Shanahan.

Take away the first name and I'll vote you as the next Browns GM... :)

Seriously, I'd be ready to bet on a positive U-turn of this franchise with the arrival of Gruden.

I know Mangenius has been there for a few months (and games) only, but I have the feeling he will never lead the team anywhere.

I don't know. My feeling is the majority of the malcontents are the ones who invested so heavily in BQ.

JMO

I have no problem with the fact that people are discontented with the state of affairs in the Browns organization. I also have no problem with people expressing their discontent peacefully. I don't have a problem with these people trying to persuade others to join them in their expression of discontent. AND I don't have a problem with people complaining.

I DO have a problem with people who berate others for disagreeing with them. I also have a problem with people who try to FORCE others to participate in protests, or, again, berating them for not joining. I especially have a problem with these things when the central topic is football rather than any one of a number of vastly more significant issues in our society.

I would not call myself "heavily invested in BQ" but I did think it was a mistake to yank him so quickly. I especially thought this because the coach seemed to be emphatic about the fact that he WASN'T going to be quick on the trigger once the decision was made. It was a critical mistake that undermined his credibility. This was made worse by the fact that no matter how poor Anderson's performance became, there were no apparent consequences.

I am horrified by the fact the Lerner doesn't seem to have expected an explanation of these decisions before now.

I watched the game with my good friend the Gipper and we kinda went through this for most of the game.

He says why the hell not play Quinn and I say why?

If neither is worth a starting slot why pay Quinn a huge bonus?

And if it's merely to say "what the hell" then why not just field the entire second or third squad?

How much worse could they suck?

Personally the boycott is gay but not quite as gay as blind love for one position.

I could almost imagine one of the guys over on the homo board rubbing one off as he watched Cutler's closeups.

Guess who?

:lol:

WSS

I think they need to fire Mangini and get someone with a proven winning record. He will have to open his wallet and make it a position that people want. With the dismantalling done by Mangini, I think it will take a coach a couple years to really get that team competitive again. It's lost it's heart and soul and what made it a proud franchise. Even though you guys have had some tough years, I never saw that happen until this season.

You have a good point Fan of Steel. If you're going to invest millions and millions of dollars over the years to re-build you want someone that has a proven track record of building a team and the record to show for it.

I have no problem with the fact that people are discontented with the state of affairs in the Browns organization.

Nor do I...I think all fans have to feel the same way. I know I am not happy with the current state of affairs. We shouldn't be happy.

I hope you didn't take my use of the word malcontent as name calling...it is simply a word that fits.

I would be one as well. I just think the method some people think is going to send a message is misguided.

But hey....it seems the message has already been sent as witnessed by Lerners actions yesterday.

The next 3-4 days are going to be interesting.

NO.

Tiptoe around the subject all you want. Yell, bitch, and moan about the overall play and perceived direction of this team till you're blue (or brown) in the face but this is first and foremost about the QB position. If DA's play wasn't so tragic and if the offense would actually score points on a regular basis there would be no boycott. Yes we got rid of our playmakers for whatever reasons and no one has stepped up but the QB is the marquee position and DA has been truly bad.

Just for the record I'm anti boycotting the game but all for not buying any team merchandise. And for those going to the game try not buying any concessions while you're there. Yes beer included :lol:

Lerner was pissed when Quinn got the quick hook in the first place.

Ytown, how could Lerner be pixxed about Quinn getting benched given the escalators in his contract? Did BQ do anything in 2 1/2 games to show he even might be worth $11myn this yr and a big raise for next? Mangini did not draft BQ or sign him to that contract, but he has to live with it. My guess is that we'll see all we want of BQ for the rest of the season and be glad we saved the $11myn+, but I hope BQ proves me wrong

NO.

Tiptoe around the subject all you want. Yell, bitch, and moan about the overall play and perceived direction of this team till you're blue (or brown) in the face but this is first and foremost about the QB position. If DA's play wasn't so tragic and if the offense would actually score points on a regular basis there would be no boycott. Yes we got rid of our playmakers for whatever reasons and no one has stepped up but the QB is the marquee position and DA has been truly bad.

Just for the record I'm anti boycotting the game but all for not buying any team merchandise. And for those going to the game try not buying any concessions while you're there. Yes beer included :lol:

I'm almost right along with ya. I almost never get to my seats on-time, and have watched most fly-overs that we've had by the US Military from outside the stadium or peering out the openings of the concourse. HOWEVER, I will be in my seats early for this one because I think Dawgpound Mike is in it for his own publicity moreso than for the intentions of the boycott. If not, why don't he just hang a sign from his front-row dawgound seats, not wear the large lastic dawg bone hat, and wear a grocery bag instead, or wear black, or simply just not attend?

Shut-up Dawgound Mike, ya Brady Quinn fag.

However, I don't have a problem buying team merchandise. There are hundreds of thousands of peole just like you and me who make a living as a supplier, merchant, or other business extension from that of the NFL conglomerate. There are also fundraiser groups who work the concessions and may make profit depending on sales, bar tenders in stadium bars and restuarants that survive off tips and their wage. Lerner does not own the Browns for capital gain, this is a rather bleak industry compared to where his daddy made his coin. You'll just be hurting those who count on a consistient sub-business from the NFL and the Cleveland Browns.

Screw Lerner. Years and years ago, a group of caveman, perhaps, developed a grading system for allowing those who you want to be sent a message. It's called, 'Cheering ... and Boo'ing'.

If you own season tickets, have already paid for them, and are subject to having to go; Just boo the prtoduct off the field. It's not like the protest is going to stop at the concourse level just after the kick-off, it's going to continue throughout the game. You know it, I know it, I may participate in that if we don't come to play. But I'll give them a chance to show up and play first.

I'm sure a lot of people will rally around Dawgpound Mike. I understand the guys desire ... I just like Bone Lady better. If she wanted to organize the boycott, I'd be in. I've always wanted to bone the Bone Lady. She looks pretty hot under that shit she wears. I'd love to wake up one morning and see that clutter of pins and costumes, bee-hive wig and shit scattered all over my hotel room floor.

Sorry Mike, but you're no Bone Lady. Funny thing about Mike, is that he's only a costume or two away from having his own Super Hero's cartoon.

I'm almost right along with ya. I almost never get to my seats on-time, and have watched most fly-overs that we've had by the US Military from outside the stadium or peering out the openings of the concourse. HOWEVER, I will be in my seats early for this one because I think Dawgpound Mike is in it for his own publicity moreso than for the intentions of the boycott. If not, why don't he just hang a sign from his front-row dawgound seats, not wear the large lastic dawg bone hat, and wear a grocery bag instead, or wear black, or simply just not attend?

However, I don't have a problem buying team merchandise. There are hundreds of thousands of peole just like you and me who make a living as a supplier, merchant, or other business extension from that of the NFL conglomerate. There are also fundraiser groups who work the concessions and may make profit depending on sales, bar tenders in stadium bars and restuarants that survive off tips and their wage. Lerner does not own the Browns for capital gain, this is a rather bleak industry compared to where his daddy made his coin. You'll just be hurting those who count on a consistient sub-business from the NFL and the Cleveland Browns.

My biggest problem with the merchandise is I'd like to own a jersey for a player who is going to be around for awhile. I know that in this era of free agency and quick trades that's a tough chance but JUST ONE??? PLEASE!!??

If I am not mistaken, merchandise sales are a shared revenue, so not buying a jersey isn't going to directly impact the Browns in a big way. They get money when someone buys a Cowboys jersey.

I believe anything short of both BQ starting and dabolls head rolling wont be enough to stop the protest...starting quinn will not be enough on its own...it is to little to late and someones head has to roll for mangini's lack of good decisions and accountabilty...however hiring the right director of football operations firing daboll and turning mangini into a powerless puppet and starting bq may be enough...

Lerners incompetance and lack of knowledge about whats going on scares the crap out of me..how can this man make the right decision on a president when he doesnt even have his own vision of what the team should look like...he doesnt have an agenda or goals or any other criteria for anyone to meet...

I honestly dont believe lerners magic bullet approach with hiring a "serious credible guy"is going to work..its a good start but he needs to consider a partner that loves the browns and would be willing to devote the time needed to develop a winning design ,revive browns culture and play a huge part in making an identity....a credible partner that the new president would have to answer too..randy keeps making the mistake of thinking he can buy it with money but the truth is you have to buy it with dedication and bleeding your teams colors and getting your hands dirty as an owner...

Thats when Quinn got his only TD was in garbage time. If Anderson didn't fumble all those times yesterday we would have given them a run for their money. Quinn wont be able to do to much more.........he has garbage to work with. We are ef'd in the a people. and if he cans our head coach this year......all next year will be another rebuilding year.

Ytown, how could Lerner be pixxed about Quinn getting benched given the escalators in his contract? Did BQ do anything in 2 1/2 games to show he even might be worth $11myn this yr and a big raise for next? Mangini did not draft BQ or sign him to that contract, but he has to live with it. My guess is that we'll see all we want of BQ for the rest of the season and be glad we saved the $11myn+, but I hope BQ proves me wrong

Anyone think this nickel and dime'ing isn't going to kill the franchise's relationship with players? We bitched repeatedly about Quinn's holdout, saying he would make up the money, but we now have a pretty decent chance that he was benched to avoid the escalators. What agent in his right mind will let his player compromise on their contract with the Browns by taking escalators instead of holding out for more up front bonus money? Cribbs is going to either get paid like Hester, or will hold out, even despite the fact that he sucks at WR. No chance now to get a contract with a base salary in line with being a special teams star with kickers based upon receptions, TDs, etc.

BQ has always been Lerner's boy and a reason Mangini gave him the job to begin with. I'm not saying BQ will do any better with this misfit organization but Lerner wants him and wants the QB controversy stopped.

Anyone think this nickel and dime'ing isn't going to kill the franchise's relationship with players? We bitched repeatedly about Quinn's holdout, saying he would make up the money, but we now have a pretty decent chance that he was benched to avoid the escalators. What agent in his right mind will let his player compromise on their contract with the Browns by taking escalators instead of holding out for more up front bonus money? Cribbs is going to either get paid like Hester, or will hold out, even despite the fact that he sucks at WR. No chance now to get a contract with a base salary in line with being a special teams star with kickers based upon receptions, TDs, etc.

To the contrary imo this is another positive step in changing the culture that Savage left, part of which was overpaying mediocre (or worse) players.

Archived