THE BROWNS BOARD

Does the Boycott still take place, if Quinn is named starter?

ATENEARS

Tom, I would think they would be boycotting the games because the coach has made some of the most questionable choices ever. Anyone that trades away some of the best talent on the team for pennies on the dollar, keeps starting a QB that should never have even been given a chance in the first place, (come on, everyone else in the NFL knew that DA was garbage years ago) and then your coach proceeded from day one to tear apart any team chemistry that was there already. He let his ego get in his way and every one of you should be screaming for the guys head. What he did was almost criminal and I will admit that I was way way way wrong about Mangini when I said the browns had finally had a decent coach. The owner needs to sit down with someone like Cowher or Parcells and figure out exactly what their game plan is because it has only been getting worse. I never thought I would say that Mangini was a worse coach than Romeo, but he is. I wish you the best and hope your team figures this out.

I disagree. I mean, I miss Winslow's hands this year. But look at how much of an impact they've had on the teams they've gone to. Winslow will not be in the league much longer because of his stupid motorcycle ride. That sounds like a decision for the future. And Braylon? He was obviously walking out of here after this year was over. We got something, whereas if we didn't trade him, we'd get a bunch more drops in a worthless season, then nothing when he'd leave.

You're saying something < nothing. I don't see it. Could we have gotten more for either of them? I don't know. Maybe? What's the point in wondering.

And as for benching BQ. I think you are completely naive if you don't see that he was benched because of the money he'd be paid if he got x amount of snaps. "But Mangini came out and said that that had nothing to do with it!" Yeah, and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds isn't about tripping balls on acid. What the hell has BQ done for 12 million bucks. Effff that, spend that money on the guys in the draft or FA this offseason.

We have 11 picks in the upcoming draft. Sure, not all of them will make the team, but on the flipside, not every starter was a first or second round choice. This season sucks, but every decision Mangini's made so far appears to have long-term goals. I will not throw him under the bus just yet. Did benching Quinn hurt his morale? Probably. I really don't care at this point, I'm not sold, and more importantly, the coaching staff is not sold that he is our guy. He might be. But we've gotta build a team around him first. Shore up the right side of the line. Get an impact safety. Snag a linebacker or two. If he fails to address these things this offseason, then yes, I'd say throw him under the bus. But what he's done so far isn't unforgivable. Where do you think we would be if RAC and Savage were still at the helm? I'd have called us a 6-10 team at best.

I'm not half as harsh as some of the folks here are about Lerner. Grandpa Rooney had an unmitigated disaster of a franchise until he hit the motherlode with Chuck Noll.

What you should understand is that Art Rooney did not make the decision to hire Chuck Noll. His son was already really running the franchise by that point. It was Dan Rooney. The point, as loveable as the Chief was, he was not a good football man. A change in leadership was necessary.

Randy Lerner simply is never going to be an owner that has passion for the Browns. If his father did not purchase the team, you can bet he never would have. The proper time was NOT put in when it came time to look for a candidate and he jumped on Mangini for all the wrong reasons. You may have to resign yourself that as long as Randy Lerner does not hire the right person to be in charge....run the team as a team President, the buck stops there....the Browns will always lose.

Speaking of Dawg Pound Mike and his ilk of self promoting PT Barnums... anybody else tired of seeing these idiots on tv all the time represented as the Browns fans? Who made them the spokepersons of the fans? He has his own website? Gimme a break! Eff Big Dog and the Bone Lady too... It was a lot of fun back when Dixon and Minniefield started the Dawgpound ---now I'm probably in the minority here, but I wish the whole Dawgs thing had gone away when the team came back. It's the same thing with the Redskins fans still wearing those idiotic pig snouts from the early 80's. Those teams don't exist anymore.

Archived