THE BROWNS BOARD

All I want for Christmas is Mangini fired.

Jibz

I think this decision depends on who Lerner finds as an executive. If he finds someone who does not like Mangini and can give enough reason to replace him, and probably already have some idea of a coach who would be interested, then he will be fired. Otherwise the organization will give him at least one more year and another draft. But this draft is going to decide the next 5 years of our team, so I just hope they make the right call.

I'm not ready to replace Mangini this season, I think he is a great compliment to everything Crennel was not. Crennel couldn't make a tough decision to save his own hide, whereas Mangini makes an extreamly tough decision among his roster almost weekly.

I like what he has done of purging the roster of Prima Donna's. He has stock-piled the draft picks and I'd like to see what he has plans for to do with them.

The team has been rid of malcontents, and is left with role players and tons of draft picks. It's a clean slate that Mangini has created for himself, let him mold it now.

I'm not ready to replace Mangini this season, I think he is a great compliment to everything Crennel was not. Crennel couldn't make a tough decision to save his own hide, whereas Mangini makes an extreamly tough decision among his roster almost weekly.

I like what he has done of purging the roster of Prima Donna's. He has stock-piled the draft picks and I'd like to see what he has plans for to do with them.

The team has been rid of malcontents, and is left with role players and tons of draft picks. It's a clean slate that Mangini has created for himself, let him mold it now.

Mangini makes a tough decision by benching Anderson for Quinn? nah. It's a no-brainer.

Mangini makes a tough decision by benching Anderson for Quinn? nah. It's a no-brainer.

There is a lot to a football team and a football game, but since you are only focused on the QB position and your fanship hinges on that position alone, I won't bother debating you on this subject.

You don't gain 11 draft picks, by benching Quinn ... maybe Google the answer.

There is a lot to a football team and a football game, but since you are only focused on the QB position and your fanship hinges on that position alone, I won't bother debating you on this subject.

You don't gain 11 draft picks, by benching Quinn ... maybe Google the answer.

There's a lot of needs to be filled: RT, CB, SS, OLB, DE, even WR. The most important is the QB, and SS position. I would try to address the QB position by draft, but there are way too many needs. I think we need a game-changer at the SS position.

There's a lot of needs to be filled: RT, CB, SS, OLB, DE, even WR. The most important is the QB, and SS position. I would try to address the QB position by draft, but there are way too many needs. I think we need a game-changer at the SS position.

Errriiicccc Berrryyyy

fair enough. +1

It's a clean slate that Mangini has created for himself, let him mold it now.

I like to look at it as mangini has made a bed of 16 inch spikes for himself and its only a matter of time before he has to sleep on it...he has lost a good portion of the fanbase and fan respect for his stupidity and protecting a bad OC...he seems to think browns fans are way below his ballboy ass for some reason but he has likely outsmarted himself...im all for mangini getting 1-2 years to fix what was already broken and he broke worse than it already was..but not one day more...dumping daboll is a must for starters..we need an experienced OC not a dumbass newbie like daboll..afterall thats why lerner hired mangini was to bring experience and im sure he wasnt counting on an inexperienced idiot with a horrible boring play to lose gameplan like daboll has laid on the team and us fans...

Stan I hate to say it, but this years draft has proven to be much like the ones before, abysmal. I wouldn't count the accumulation of a provenly wasted resource as a great positive. Has there been a single valuable contributor to come out of the first ManKok draft? Here's hoping, we've got a lot of holes to fiil and I just hope we don't try to draft to fill them all.

All I want for Christmas is to see that ass fired!

Make Ryan the coach for the rest of this year and then...Show me the chin!

At least Ryans defense looks close to pro level.

Randy won't fire Mangini. He'll be here for 2 years just like Romeo was. Randy don't have a backbone and is simply another "soccer Sissy"

thanks a lot. now i have that stupid song stuck in my head and it will probably stay there all day.

Just hum the "I dream of Jeannie" theme and it will clear your head.

Stan I hate to say it, but this years draft has proven to be much like the ones before, abysmal. I wouldn't count the accumulation of a provenly wasted resource as a great positive. Has there been a single valuable contributor to come out of the first ManKok draft? Here's hoping, we've got a lot of holes to fiil and I just hope we don't try to draft to fill them all.

I think these first two drafts are different; Last season Mangini was more in a trade-down, play it safe mode. He hadn't worked out his team yet and probably didn't have a feel for what they needed. He stock-piled for this season, ot rid of what would gain additional draft picks and cleared some cancer out of the building. He now goes into this draft looking for 'THE' guy, that game changer that you build your team around and you fill as many holes as you can.

Mangini has set it up perfectly. The roster has been purged, the draft picks are stock piled, and we are in good cap position.

Besides Brady Quinn, there really isn't a whole lot else to evaulate among this roster, and we are only (or unfortunately) at the halfway point. We will see Quinn, and you will find no one who believes he was due $11. If Quinn pulls his head out of his ass and eventually lights it up, he will get paid accordingly.

We are in good shape to start building, the slate is clear (err ... bare). But we also have some resources in place to do something about it. Thanks to Mangini.

I finally had to register and post- been lurking a long time.

All these people wanting to fire the coach already... are you serious? I'm not sure Mangini is the guy to turn this around or not, but we sure as hell don't know halfway thru the first season. fook Boomer Esiason, and the idiot from the Akron Beacon Journal and all these other out of town people calling for the coach to be fired. Fire the coach now and this organization is a bigger joke than ever. The team doesn't seem to be as undisciplined as they were under RAC and the players haven't quit despite what you may read in the paper. If you watch the games you know this team has not quit on the coach. The defense played well for a while yesterday but that doesn't mean we should today make Ryan the head coach. Gotta calm down people.

I don't know what the hell coach is thinking with the quarterbacks. DA has played horribly but I can't help but remember the last regime didn't want to play Quinn either for some reason. If he was held out to keep him from getting a performance bonus that was monumentally stupid. Maybe Quinn truly sucks but he needs to play the rest of the season so that we know what we have. It's possible they both suck. It's also possible that with decent talent around him that Quinn could be a competent qb. Christ, Trent Dilfer won a super bowl. Tim Couch was crucified in Cleveland but he is still the best qb we've had since the team came back.

Stop crying for the owner to sell the team. This is the most ridiculous thing fans are wasting their time on. Like you would sell the team if it were yours and some fans put together a petition??? Randy should do what he said he would do, -hire a strong face of the organization guy with a strong football background and get outta the way. Kosar would be perfect for this because he may be the only guy who can calm the fans down and sell us on a true rebuilding program. Oh, R Lerner should also stay out of the tunnel and refrain from glaring at the players and giving whiney interviews to local media types.

I had no problem with Winslow and Braylon being shipped out of town. One was damaged goods wanting a big contract and the other was a stone hands prima donna cancer to the team. Let's hope the Browns get some talent with the draft picks.

Part of the reason we're in the state we are is because of constantly starting over. The most popular guy in Cleveland is always the backup quarterback, or the next coach. You get a new coach and he has a certain philosophy and he wants 'his guys", change coaches again and start all over again.

Daboll may be an idiot, I really don't know. Or maybe we just have little talent on offense. I recall Bruce Arians being lambasted by the fans the same way but amazingly he is successful in Pittsbugh?

Fans have to settle down. If you thought the Browns were going to the playoffs this season then you were delirious. Try separating being a fan from reality.

Archived