THE BROWNS BOARD

Should we bother discussing the particulars of this game?

ATENEARS

I'm just gonna unload many thoughts in my head here, feel free to grab something and run with it.

The Deep INT from Anderson to MoMass. first of all, it was a great catch by the bears DB. What kills me on this play though, is that DA is in for his gun slinging arm and this was a route to put air under the ball and let it fly, yet he threw it on a rope and it looked to be short. MoMass though doesn't appear to even adjust to balls though and after it was picked he once again just kept running his route as if it was everyone else's business to tackle the guy. Also, even the announcers questioned the formation/pattern. We sent two receivers out, drawing no coverage off of these two patterns, that play has fail written all over it ... but DA should have thrown that pass deep where on NoHands ... errr... MoMass could catch it.

The Roughing the passer penalty on Wimbley on 3rd-n-8, which hurt us badly. First of all, I was fine with this 'aggressive penalty', I mean he bloodied Cutlers tongue on the hit. I don't see that as a 'lack of discipline' type penalty. Besides, did anyone see our DB get tackled and dragged down coming from the right on that play? Geez, we kept getting arm tackled at the line most of the day and it was seldom called.

Jamal Lewis fumble. Very disappointing that he kept running into the defense without a handle on that. I just watched the replay several times and the hand-off looked pretty decent. Also, notice how far we blew the Bears out off the rightside on that play too, Jamal had running room there, and it was our RIGHTSIDE!

We score ... I thought we needed to pound in a RB for that score and get the monkey off our back, but a score is a score I guess. Then we miss the freaking Field goal ... Are you kidding me?

Heiden fumbles ... that was as limp-wrist attempt to hang onto the football as you'll see in the NFL ... again, disappointed in our veterans at a time that they need to step-up.

MoMass fumble ... I thought maybe it should have been challenged as a catch, and along this same line, is this kid gonna have questionable hands his whole career? If so, I'd rather not even waste time with him. I'm going to make a statement right now, I am not as happy about this kid as many here. MoMass makes some dumbass mistakes, drops, and now fumbles. Again. we needed a spark, DA hit him on a beautiful throw and it turns into a negative play ... we can't have that.

DA's INT from the end zone. Who here didn't see a disaster coming on that play? ... c'mon, let's see a show of hands. Terrible throw, although yet another diving catch by the defense when we can't seem to catch any of DA's passes on our feet. I will also question Momass on this play, how can you not be looking, thinking, or have the mentality of coming back to help your QB there?

WildDawg Plays. How could Josh Cribbs not recognize that the Bears did not put a guy out on DA who was lined up wide Right? He was standing out there all alone on a short third down play. It's not a true WildDawg if we aren't looking to exploit a mismatch. We are just hiking it to Cribbs and running it, not reading, obviously.

The Call over-turned on Cutlers fumble. Replayed showed his arm going somewhere, but forward? And how is that not an Intentional grounding? Or, since Intentional Grounding wasn't called, could they not enforce that there? That play needs to go in front of the competition committee.

Mike Adams catching Devin Hester from behind. Great example of no quit, but also of speed that Pool just doesn't posses. Saved a TD ... well, until DA gave it back with a pick-6.

Defensively, eh yeah we played ok, but we just get no breaks and the ball just doesn't bounce our way enough.

MoMass has had this same problem on at least 2 other ints. He just keeps running down the field and doesn't make an effort to get back and make the tackle.

The WildDawg plays are lame and are never going to be effective if all we're going ot do is have Cribbs run with the ball. It works for the Dolphins because you never know if Brown is going to throw it or run it.

The defense played well with absolutely no help at all from the offense.

I'm looking forward to a week with no Browns football next weekend and I'll be in Vegas on the golf course next Sunday so it will be a nice break and a chance to get recharged and excited about the 2nd half of the se ason and hoping that the defense continues to improve.

I think we actually showed nice signs of a running game today although it still didn't help our passing game any.

IMO

The Deep INT from Anderson to MoMass.

Momass looks timid and intimidated by the db's

The Roughing the passer penalty on Wimbley on 3rd-n-8

It hurt us but ill take a little rough housing once in a while.

Jamal Lewis fumble.

another drive killer, he is a veteran and knows to put the ball away. Its time to be accountable JL

The Call over-turned on Cutlers fumble

This one pissed me off!!!

It should of been a penalty if they were going to turn over the play because the ball first touched an offensive lineman.

Mike Adams catching Devin Hester from behind.

Made me happy to see that this team has not mailed it in for the year, you gotta love this game.

how about 4th and 1 and instead of giving the ball to Jamal Lewis we let Anderson throw the ball and it gets goes kaput ? What where they thinking ?

Yep ... I agree. However, I would have liked to have seen that replay, looked like pass interference to me. But the play call was horrible considering that we couldn't complete the simpliest of passes.

Come on now, this all starts with the QB. MoMass is a rookie WR playing the #1 so I am not going to let him off the hook, but DA had 2 yards at the half. 2 yards!!

You cannot break down this game without first looking at him. 2 yards at the half? He is killing this offense. Period. He is a 3rd stringer at best.

in 2007 our offense was on fire and our defense was terrible and we took whatever little the defense was willing to give the offense. Now in 2009, the roles are completely reversed. Our defense is actually playing half decently considering the starting field position of the opposing teams and the time they spend on the field. And our offense is the side of the ball that is contributing absolutely nothing.

I just find it interesting.

And i loved the hits on cutler, loved the goal line stand, and even Rob Ryan getting into it with cutler, i was yelling "F You" at the TV when wimbley i think knocked the pass down. And apparently Ryan was thinking/saying the same thing.

He's got my vote for interim if we need it. Or at least continuing as DC during a coaching change.

MoMass though doesn't appear to even adjust to balls though and after it was picked he once again just kept running his route as if it was everyone else's business to tackle the guy.

That drives me more crazy each time i see it on replay. Who does this guy think he is?

in 2007 our offense was on fire and our defense was terrible and we took whatever little the defense was willing to give the offense. Now in 2009, the roles are completely reversed. Our defense is actually playing half decently considering the starting field position of the opposing teams and the time they spend on the field. And our offense is the side of the ball that is contributing absolutely nothing.

I just find it interesting.

And i loved the hits on cutler, loved the goal line stand, and even Rob Ryan getting into it with cutler, i was yelling "F You" at the TV when wimbley i think knocked the pass down. And apparently Ryan was thinking/saying the same thing.

He's got my vote for interim if we need it. Or at least continuing as DC during a coaching change.

bringing back Chud would be a definite improvement. at least he had the excuse of Dorsey and Gradkowski.

Whats to discuss we still suck very bad offensively even against the bears extremely suspect defense...

The defense certainly played hard to no avail this week... ;)

yeah, we might actually be ranked 30th this week. yipee!! **leaps into air and clicks heels together** ;)

The Call over-turned on Cutlers fumble. Replayed showed his arm going somewhere, but forward? And how is that not an Intentional grounding? Or, since Intentional Grounding wasn't called, could they not enforce that there? That play needs to go in front of the competition committee.

Defensively, eh yeah we played ok, but we just get no breaks and the ball just doesn't bounce our way enough.

Once again I will say it....replay SUCKS!!!

Even on Pool's interception, the Bears challenge it, and the refs blow that one too. It really looked like the ball hit the ground, and we caught a rare break there.

I can't stand replay, ruins the flow of the game, and officiating is at an all-time low.

Once again I will say it....replay SUCKS!!!

Even on Pool's interception, the Bears challenge it, and the refs blow that one too. It really looked like the ball hit the ground, and we caught a rare break there.

I can't stand replay, ruins the flow of the game, and officiating is at an all-time low.

all replay does is act as a safety gap for the refs. they now know that they don't have to carry the burden of being right. they don't have to make as many of the hard calls as they used to. replay takes most of the pressure off of them and that is why there are so many missed calls. replay is horrible for the game and it sucks that the nfl is focusing on it so much when there are so many other problems with the game: like an unfair overtime period.

I'm just gonna unload many thoughts in my head here, feel free to grab something and run with it.

The Deep INT from Anderson to MoMass. first of all, it was a great catch by the bears DB. What kills me on this play though, is that DA is in for his gun slinging arm and this was a route to put air under the ball and let it fly, yet he threw it on a rope and it looked to be short. MoMass though doesn't appear to even adjust to balls though and after it was picked he once again just kept running his route as if it was everyone else's business to tackle the guy. Also, even the announcers questioned the formation/pattern. We sent two receivers out, drawing no coverage off of these two patterns, that play has fail written all over it ... but DA should have thrown that pass deep where on NoHands ... errr... MoMass could catch it.

I've been saying it all year- Anderson has absolutely no touch on his passes. Assuming MoMass ran the right route, DA underthrew that one by 15 yards

The Roughing the passer penalty on Wimbley on 3rd-n-8, which hurt us badly. First of all, I was fine with this 'aggressive penalty', I mean he bloodied Cutlers tongue on the hit. I don't see that as a 'lack of discipline' type penalty. Besides, did anyone see our DB get tackled and dragged down coming from the right on that play? Geez, we kept getting arm tackled at the line most of the day and it was seldom called.

No fault to Wimbley at all. He's 6 feet away, and what's he supposed to do, fall down?

We score ... I thought we needed to pound in a RB for that score and get the monkey off our back, but a score is a score I guess. Then we miss the freaking Field goal ... Are you kidding me?

you mean extra point, like it mattered

DA's INT from the end zone. Who here didn't see a disaster coming on that play? ... c'mon, let's see a show of hands. Terrible throw, although yet another diving catch by the defense when we can't seem to catch any of DA's passes on our feet. I will also question Momass on this play, how can you not be looking, thinking, or have the mentality of coming back to help your QB there?

yeah, that play was disaster from the get-go, but if you remember, on another series, the Bears SHOWED all-out blitz, and DA couldn't adjust- he should have at least called a time out, instead of taking a sack.

WildDawg Plays. How could Josh Cribbs not recognize that the Bears did not put a guy out on DA who was lined up wide Right? He was standing out there all alone on a short third down play. It's not a true WildDawg if we aren't looking to exploit a mismatch. We are just hiking it to Cribbs and running it, not reading, obviously.

Ditto, when they going to let Cribbs throw another pass?

Intentional grounding? Did the ball go forward? If it didn't it's a lateral, and a live ball.

Mike Adams catching Devin Hester from behind. Great example of no quit, but also of speed that Pool just doesn't posses. Saved a TD ... well, until DA gave it back with a pick-6.

I under rated Adams, he's a keeper. Wimbley and Rodgers had decent games too

Can we say the offensive playcalling sucks?

Archived