THE BROWNS BOARD

Lerner "Sick About" the 1-7 Browns

IschY

The team imo has needed a president all along. Hire a guy who knows what he's doing and then let him bring in the GM and coach. I just do not understand why this wasn't done in the first place. It's mind boggling.

What I fear is Lerner throwing a mint at Cowher after the season. Watching Tomlin's success, I think Pittsburgh just has a quality org/system. If it turns out that Cowher can't build an org (he came into a very good org), then you have a very expensive problem on your hands that could literally set this org back another decade.

One lost decade is enough.

The team imo has needed a president all along. Hire a guy who knows what he's doing and then let him bring in the GM and coach. I just do not understand why this wasn't done in the first place. It's mind boggling.

What I fear is Lerner throwing a mint at Cowher after the season. Watching Tomlin's success, I think Pittsburgh just has a quality org/system. If it turns out that Cowher can't build an org (he came into a very good org), then you have a very expensive problem on your hands that could literally set this org back another decade.

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

Lerner's the freakin problem! Dude doesn't know what's going on in his own business and he's balancing that with another pro franchise across the Atlantic. The sad truth is he doesn't HAVE to because there's noone that can make him accountable for anything but more lip service. This is season #11 of NFL body by the Lerner family and I've never seen so many football follies in all my life. This feels worse than the days Jim Shofner was acting as Interim Head Coach. And that's pretty freakin depressing!

- Tom F.

He is always sick about the browns yet he always makes Retarded moves instead of being rational im sick of lerners crap...he needs to consider a 49% partner who would hire the new president and run the team so randy can get back to being his skitzo self out of the eye of the brewing storm...a "serious credible leader without partnership" will fall short and fail lerner and the fans yet again and thats gauranteed with gips gaurantee.....;)

I hope Lerner stays away from Cowher. He would be a disasterous hire. I'm not sure why so many Brown's fans jack off to an ex-Steelers coach anyway.

I hope Lerner stays away from Cowher. He would be a disasterous hire. I'm not sure why so many Brown's fans jack off to an ex-Steelers coach anyway.

its thoughts like this that lead us to coaches like mangini in the first place. cowher is a great organizer and motivator. he also has a killer 'stache

Lerner was, is and will always be an offhand owner who lets someone run the business while he does little to meddle. Such business models will succeed only if he finds the right guy and sticks with him. He found that guy in Aston Villa + Villa were a team that were already laid out and just needed continuity unlike the new Browns that needed rebuilding.

i feel partly sorry for Lerner for being unable to make the proper decision but sadly it is his job. rest assured, until he finds the right coach/GM/President we will be at this point every few years.

nah. The Browns would not be a good team with him as the coach.

i agree, but he at least knows how to grade talent and bring in guys that can win. cowher didn't have a ton of superstars but guys that were great together. mangini is trying to do this and will probably fail.

Archived