THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini front office staff being fired

JoeSixPat

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...reins_bein.html

I'm sure this article has already been discussed here ad nauseum but I wasn't finding it upon a quick review of the board.

Not that the problems this team is having originate with the Director of Team Operations, but presumably it wasn't Mangini's choice to fire one of his few loyal assistants that's been with him since his days with the Patriots.

So whereas Mangnini was previously given enough authority to hire the GM, now someone else is successflly asserting their power dismissing Mangini loyalists. So who is giving Lerner the advice to fire this person? Could it be the future President of Football Operations or whatever Kosar's potential title might be?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...reins_bein.html

I'm sure this article has already been discussed here ad nauseum but I wasn't finding it upon a quick review of the board.

Not that the problems this team is having originate with the Director of Team Operations, but presumably it wasn't Mangini's choice to fire one of his few loyal assistants that's been with him since his days with the Patriots.

So whereas Mangnini was previously given enough authority to hire the GM, now someone else is successflly asserting their power dismissing Mangini loyalists. So who is giving Lerner the advice to fire this person? Could it be the future President of Football Operations or whatever Kosar's potential title might be?

I would daresay Kosar knows as much about football as Mangini, and the guy bleeds Brown & Orange. BKs got to be about ready to hurl the way things have gone this season.

Lerner finally woke up, and I have a feeling his meeting with Mangini this week ain't going to be exactly pleasant.

I have a feeling his meeting with Mangini this week ain't going to be exactly pleasant.

Lerner: So Mangini, what the heck have you been doing?

Mangini: Well I thought if I took down some of the memorabilia that reminded the team of the history of the franchise it would piss them off and get them to play for me.

Lerner: Well, what about trading away some of our best talent? Why did you do that?

Mangini: Once again I thought that if I traded away some of our best talent it would piss off the other players on the team and they would step up. Besides, I got pennies on the dollar for their worth and we get some later round picks next year.

Lerner: Why the heck did you start a QB controversy and then start a QB that that has consistantly been awful for years?

Mangini: Again, I thought if I could just tear up any team chemistry we had that it would upset the better players on the team and they would start playing harder, except that I traded most of them away. But, I'm thinking about moving Cribbs into the RB position and maybe get him injured. That should surely upset the players left on the team and they will start playing harder.

Lerner: Did I see that you actually started the same QB again after the half? Didn't you see that look I gave you in the tunnel?

Mangini: Yeah, I saw it. I thought you were just trying to upset me and see if that lit a fire under my butt to play my game harder. So, I started DA in an attempt to upset the rest of the team and thought it might get them to play harder.

Lerner: What's up with finally pulling DA and putting in Quinn with only 4 minutes left in the game?

Mangini: I was just trying to upset DA so he would play harder in the next game. I'm really trying to piss off as many players and fans as possible.

Lerner: So what is your game plan going forward?

Mangini: Game plan? Heck, I don't know about a game plan. I always let Billichick do that thing. I just figured that if I keep pissing off the players that they will eventually have to start listening to me and playing harder. I really don't know what the heck I'm doing.

Lerner: Well you got your wish, I'm pissed. Bring me a bucket piss boy.

Mangini: But I thought I was the king. It's good to be the king.

Lerner: Now I'm the king and you are right about one thing, It's good to be the king. You are demoted to a job more deserving of your skills. You get to be the pissboy.

Mangini: Maybe this will upset the team and they finally start playing hard. Well at least I'll be doing something I know how to do well.

Mangini: Well I thought if I took down some of the memorabilia that reminded the team of the history of the franchise it would piss them off and get them to play for me.

Lerner: Well, what about trading away some of our best talent? Why did you do that?

Mangini: Once again I thought that if I traded away some of our best talent it would piss off the other players on the team and they would step up. Besides, I got pennies on the dollar for their worth and we get some later round picks next year.

Lerner: Why the heck did you start a QB controversy and then start a QB that that has consistantly been awful for years?

Mangini: Again, I thought if I could just tear up any team chemistry we had that it would upset the better players on the team and they would start playing harder, except that I traded most of them away. But, I'm thinking about moving Cribbs into the RB position and maybe get him injured. That should surely upset the players left on the team and they will start playing harder.

Lerner: Did I see that you actually started the same QB again after the half? Didn't you see that look I gave you in the tunnel?

Mangini: Yeah, I saw it. I thought you were just trying to upset me and see if that lit a fire under my butt to play my game harder. So, I started DA in an attempt to upset the rest of the team and thought it might get them to play harder.

Lerner: What's up with finally pulling DA and putting in Quinn with only 4 minutes left in the game?

Mangini: I was just trying to upset DA so he would play harder in the next game. I'm really trying to piss off as many players and fans as possible.

Mangini: Game plan? Heck, I don't know about a game plan. I always let Billichick do that thing. I just figured that if I keep pissing off the players that they will eventually have to start listening to me and playing harder. I really don't know what the heck I'm doing.

Lerner: Now I'm the king and you are right about one thing, It's good to be the king. You are demoted to a job more deserving of your skills. You get to be the pissboy.

Mangini: Maybe this will upset the team and they finally start playing hard. Well at least I'll be doing something I know how to do well.

HAHAHA! Thats what most owners would already have addreesed just before firing mangini but lerner will probably make mangini the director of football operations instead...

You're a moron.

This is old news. His personal assistant screwed up some team travel plans, and it sounded as if she had some other bone-headed mishaps prior to that. Maybe Mangini was also banging her and she had to be let go.

Who freaking cares, this happened prior to the game on Sunday and is non-related to Lerner just now remembering that he owns an NFL franchise.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Well, I enjoyed it but I'm pretty sure that the whole "painting over the mural thing" wound up being untrue with the mural merely being moved

But this is far from "old news" - that's merely the way that the Browns hoped to portray it... it happened last week apparently and they were trying to keep it quiet according to the media in Cleveland. It's important because whereas Mangini previously had all hiring and firing decisions - including his selection of the GM - now someone else in the organization has deemed fit to fire a close Mangnini assistant... in fact the one person who has followed him from the Patriots, to the Jets to the Browns.

That's a shot across the bow if there ever was one - and my guess is it likely was timed to come BEFORE Kosar formally joined the team in a clearly defined role... though most would surmise that his input as a "consultant" is what triggered the firing, illustrating just how much sway he has on hirings and firings even as a consultant.

This is old news. His personal assistant screwed up some team travel plans, and it sounded as if she had some other bone-headed mishaps prior to that. Maybe Mangini was also banging her and she had to be let go.

Who freaking cares, this happened prior to the game on Sunday and is non-related to Lerner just now remembering that he owns an NFL franchise.

Yeah, you're probably right. This is old news and much ado about nothing. It's unlikely it's a precursor to anything significant.

Archived