THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday 11/2

The Gipper

Here is this week's Trick or treat survey. Give your thoughts:

1. It is obvious the Browns are having a nightmare season and ain't making the playoffs. Given that, what other team in the NFL would you like to see have a sweet dream season and win the Super Bowl?

2. The way the Browns played Sunday it looked like a Halloween horror movie. What do you think is the best horror movie ever made?

3. What is your (or your kids) favorite Halloween Candy?

4. What is the best/worst however you want to define it, Halloween prank (trick) you have ever played on someone? (or have had played on you)

5. After the sin of Halloween must come repentence. Since this is All Saints/All Souls day, who is your favorite Saint (even if you don't believe in saints)

1. It is obvious the Browns are having a nightmare season and ain't making the playoffs. Given that, what other team in the NFL would you like to see have a sweet dream season and win the Super Bowl?

The Philadelphia Eagles...I am good friends with their starting Tight End Brent Celek. I hope the best for him and his team.

2. The way the Browns played Sunday it looked like a Halloween horror movie. What do you think is the best horror movie ever made?

The Shining. Hands down.

Anything dark chocolate

4. What is the best/worst however you want to define it, Halloween prank (trick) you have ever played on someone? (or have had played on you)

I cant stand it when some stupid teenagers wrapped my hatchback car in cling wrap. Took forever to take it all off.

5. After the sin of Halloween must come repentence. Since this is All Saints/All Souls day, who is your favorite Saint (even if you don't believe in saints)

Um...St. Nick? Im an atheist and was raised Jewish so thats the only saint I think I know of...

If the Browns ain't gonna be in it, then I think I would like to see a a Saints/Chargers Super Bowl matchup. I have thought for like 3 years running the Chargers has the talent to win it all. This year I think would be their last shot.

Perhaps it depends on what you consider a "horror" movie. The Exorcist is about the best ever made of straight horror. (I don't really consider the likes of "Jaws" or "Duel" to be horror movies...more like suspense thrillers)

Give me a break, give me a break. Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar!

I don't know if you consider this a prank, but once when I was in postgrad school, me and my roomates had a Halloween party in our apartment. This was back in the late 70s, right after Animal House came out. If anyone didn't come to the party in a costume, we forced them to take off their clothes and put on a bedsheet for a toga. Well, after the party ended one of my roomates and his girlfriend went off into his room, but she had brought a friend who had come dressed as an alien by completely wrapping herself up in tin foil and taping it on to her clothing. Since she knew that she would have to be hanging around our place for some time she wanted to get out of her costume as it was stifling and she asked for my help to unwrap all the tinfoil she had on. Well I obliged, but I did not stop the unwrapping at just the tinfoil. I completely unwrapped her, if you get my drift. Happy Halloween!

St. Thomas, patron saint of skeptics

Saints

the original Saw (the rest sucked)

milk duds (my favorite)

can't think of any off the top of my head

saint Joseph because I'm named after him (and I hear he got all the ladies)

1. Anyone but the Steelers or the Ravens.

2. I'm not much of a fan of this genre, especially when there is gore involved. I grew up on Hitchcock so those top my list. Also, The Omen (1976) not the remake.

3. This is, of course, not the same as movie candy (Raisinets and Junior Mints), every day candy (anything dark chocolate, truffles dusted with cocoa powder, and mint meltaways). Halloween candy favorites would be Reese's Peanutbutter cups, Tootsie Rolls, Butterfingers, and Tootsie Pops (red).

4. We put a speaker, connected to the stereo, on the front porch, covered it with a rug and put a pumpkin on top. A red lightbulb in the outside light made it possible for us to look out the sidelights and see approaching trick-or-treaters without them seeing us. A microphone did the rest. We'd make scary sounds or talk to the kids. We scared one mom so much she plastered herself against our front door and couldn't move until we calmed her down. (poor woman will probably never be the same.)

:: gore warning:: One Halloween, a couple of late stragglers came to my door. First kid's bag was falling apart so I got him a replacement from my pantry. Apparently my generosity gave him the courage to ask for a bandaid for his friend. Since I don't give out bandaids without a little investigating, I asked to see the injury. The tip of the kid's finger was missing. My husband at the time, happened to be a doctor and happened to be home. He took the kid to the neighbor's house where the tip of the finger was still in the hinge side of the door. Apparently the little girl of the house had slammed the door on the boy's hand. Not exactly a "trick" but it made for an exciting Halloween night. I had to give a report to an insurance agent several weeks later. Apparently, after the treatment the child received that night, his finger tip grew back and looked perfectly normal.

5. Jeremy Shockey. He's on my fantasy team. :lol: I guess St. Jude would be the saint I most often directly address. Who knew I'd run into so many hopeless cases in my life?

The Oakland Raiders, I've always been a closet Bad Boy.

Not much into Horror movies ... I'll say Carrie (EEEee-eeeEE, EEEeee-eeEEE, as doors slam all around).

Hmmm ... mine is probably reese cups. My kids just eat all the sugary crap.

As teenagers my brothers and I use to hide on the roof, and around the side of the house, and throw a net on little tricksters and jump out and scare the piss out of them. We mostly use to hide waiting for someone to mess with our house so we could catch them in the act and beat the shit out of them, but while waiting and being bored, we'd scare the shit out of kids. Our old house was creepy, long drive, tall bushes surrounded 'T-shaped' drive and ranch house ...

St. Joe (Germaine)

Guest 88fingerslewy

-Eagles

-Silence of the Lambs. Hopkins was waaayyyy too convincing. Scary.

-little chocolate bars.

-was on mushrooms and about 15 of us physically flipped a contruction office trailer over on its side.

-St. Cinnamon- they make the best cinnamon rolls

New Orleans Saints, They are exciting and have not gone to a Superbowl yet.

2. The way the Browns played Sunday it looked like a Halloween horror movie. What do you think is the best horror movie ever made? Alien

Kit Kat

4. What is the best/worst however you want to define it, Halloween prank (trick) you have ever played on someone? (or have had played on you) Can't remember

St Peter

Nobody from the AFC. Nobody that hasn't won a Super Bowl yet. Nobody that has won too many Super Bowls. Nobody I hate. Somebody that is still in contention.

I think that leaves the Bears ... yeah, I officially don't care.

The Shining.

Those waxy orange pumpkins that most people hate.

We weren't too inventive. Throw corn at window and run. Soap windows. Wax windows. Tip cows.

St. John The Apostle. He had a great name and was a hell of a writer. You know the chicks had to dig him.

Zombo

Tennessee....that won't happen, so let's go Falcons....Saints wouldn't be a bad choice either.

The Exorcist

Reese Cups

I guess the old crap in a burning bag trick

Saint Christopher....I like to travel, and that is one of my son's names

1. The Saints. They have a good shot and never won it before.

2. That's a tough one. I loved "The Thing" when I was a kid...and it's stood the test of time. I still love that movie.

3. Zagnuts. Delicious!

4. Don't recall. Probably throwing eggs/corn at cars when I was little.

5. St. Patrick. He's the only Saint where you can get wasted while celebrating his day. ;)

Nobody from the AFC. Nobody that hasn't won a Super Bowl yet. Nobody that has won too many Super Bowls. Nobody I hate. Somebody that is still in contention.

I think that leaves the Bears ... yeah, I officially don't care.

Actually Zombo, that list could still include the Vikings, Falcons, Saints, Cardinals, maybe the Seahawks, Lions, Panthers, and Eagles, though a couple of those would not be in contention at this point, and I don't really know who from that bunch you may "hate",

The Shining.

Those waxy orange pumpkins that most people hate.

We weren't too inventive. Throw corn at window and run. Soap windows. Wax windows. Tip cows.

St. John The Apostle. He had a great name and was a hell of a writer. You know the chicks had to dig him.

Zombo

Archived