THE BROWNS BOARD

Pack your bags Eric

Pissedinmedina

Everyone says we suck due to the lack of talent on the team. Yet when we get talent like K2 and Edwards, Mangina can't manage the egos. If he thinks he can just draft his way to success, he's wrong. Top talent always comes with egos, dynamic personalities, and they require the head coach to address and manage the issues that tend to follow top players. This fat-ass will always be a ball boy to me. He set this franchise back another 6 years, and no good free agent will even consider Cleveland. Eric Mangina should be working for the government where his dysfunction can be best served. Hey ERIC - Please resign, we beg you. Your player fines, personnel choices (DA worse QB EVER) and lack of general understanding of how to manage a professional football team are painful to watch. You are making me embarrassed to be a Cleveland Brown fan, and I am putting any team support on hold until you are removed from this position. Best of luck selling used cars. Maybe you will get another sucker like Randy Lerner to buy into your bullshit and actually sell a car. Please resign, we can’t not watch you continue destroying this franchise.

copypasta

I miss Winslow's hands this year. But look at how much of an impact they've had on the teams they've gone to. Winslow will not be in the league much longer because of his stupid motorcycle ride. Trading him sounds like a decision for the future. And Braylon? He was obviously walking out of here after this year was over. We got something, whereas if we didn't trade him, we'd get a bunch more drops in a worthless season, then nothing when he'd leave.

You're saying something < nothing. I don't see it. Could we have gotten more for either of them? I don't know. Maybe? What's the point in wondering.

And as for benching BQ. I think you are completely naive if you don't see that he was benched because of the money he'd be paid if he got x amount of snaps. "But Mangini came out and said that that had nothing to do with it!" Yeah, and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds isn't about tripping balls on acid. What the hell has BQ done for 12 million bucks. Effff that, spend that money on the guys in the draft or FA this offseason.

We have 11 picks in the upcoming draft. Sure, not all of them will make the team, but on the flipside, not every starter was a first or second round choice. This season sucks, but every decision Mangini's made so far appears to have long-term goals. I will not throw him under the bus just yet. Did benching Quinn hurt his morale? Probably. I really don't care at this point, I'm not sold, and more importantly, the coaching staff is not sold that he is our guy. He might be. But we've gotta build a team around him first. Shore up the right side of the line. Get an impact safety. Snag a linebacker or two. If he fails to address these things this offseason, then yes, I'd say throw him under the bus. But what he's done so far isn't unforgivable. Where do you think we would be if RAC and Savage were still at the helm? I'd have called us a 6-10 team at best.

Everyone says we suck due to the lack of talent on the team. Yet when we get talent like K2 and Edwards, Mangina can't manage the egos. If he thinks he can just draft his way to success, he's wrong. Top talent always comes with egos, dynamic personalities, and they require the head coach to address and manage the issues that tend to follow top players. This fat-ass will always be a ball boy to me. He set this franchise back another 6 years, and no good free agent will even consider Cleveland. Eric Mangina should be working for the government where his dysfunction can be best served. Hey ERIC - Please resign, we beg you. Your player fines, personnel choices (DA worse QB EVER) and lack of general understanding of how to manage a professional football team are painful to watch. You are making me embarrassed to be a Cleveland Brown fan, and I am putting any team support on hold until you are removed from this position. Best of luck selling used cars. Maybe you will get another sucker like Randy Lerner to buy into your bullshit and actually sell a car. Please resign, we can’t not watch you continue destroying this franchise.

wow, way to make a splash with your first post. welcome aboard.

I feel like everyone could have a rant post like this concerning Mangini. While I do not support Mangini, I do think Daboll is partially to blame (especially the 4th and 1 call yesterday) and every offensive play.

Either way, this next month will tell us if Lerner is concerned with winning or finances, and from two perspectives: If he plays Quinn and maybe gets passed the 11 million dollar bonus possibility, and if he fires Mangini. If he does both of these, it shows Lerner TRULY cares despite owing Savage and Romeo money already. Not saying I think Mangini should be fired mid-season (although Ryan probably would only improve the team) but Daboll needs fired too in that situation. Either way, we are going to learn A LOT about our organization and the front office here in the next month and for once im excited about something concerning the Browns, even if it is something as sad as our front office haha

I would consider K2 and Edwards more in the "popular" category rather than the "talent" category, at least in recent years. Winslow's knuckleheaded motorcycle antics probably destroyed any chance he had of reaching his potential. Edwards ... well, who knows what caused his case of the dropsies.

Daboll has to go as of yesterday...i cant stomach to even watch his offensive handy work and offensive to me it is... and obviously the players cant stomach it either regardless of whom is QBing...its just flat bad football playbooking and calling...it doesnt work to our strengths it tries to work to dabolls ego...the guy has no creativety nor does mangini..

copypasta

Fair points to be sure, and I agree, take the emotion out, and the trades were in the best interest of the team long term, but I think it speaks to how the "gina" handles talent and egos. He's got to show some respect for team leaders and players that take this serious and want to win. If his play is to draft superstars then trade them before their contract gets renewed, that the hell are we doing here? Sure Braylon drops balls, but he is tough to defend and can at least create separation. K2's impact was splitting cover 2 and was responsible for getting a lot of other receivers wide open. And why not PAY Cribbs during the garage sale? We all know he is one of the best. Show the team that effort gets rewarded. He's here, he performed, he needs to get paid just like everyother team rewards their top talent. You honestly think his bags aren't packed ready to move to a PROFESSIONAL team? I could list dozens of reasons why Gina's approach to managing this team will not work. I've seen these A-Holes before. More worried about policy, ego micro-management, and personal authority, than common sense football. Who's the next Browns HOF'er? Sad really...

I feel like everyone could have a rant post like this concerning Mangini. While I do not support Mangini, I do think Daboll is partially to blame (especially the 4th and 1 call yesterday) and every offensive play.

Either way, this next month will tell us if Lerner is concerned with winning or finances, and from two perspectives: If he plays Quinn and maybe gets passed the 11 million dollar bonus possibility, and if he fires Mangini. If he does both of these, it shows Lerner TRULY cares despite owing Savage and Romeo money already. Not saying I think Mangini should be fired mid-season (although Ryan probably would only improve the team) but Daboll needs fired too in that situation. Either way, we are going to learn A LOT about our organization and the front office here in the next month and for once im excited about something concerning the Browns, even if it is something as sad as our front office haha

I'll differ from you in one respect. At this point, with the season lost, letting Quinn earn his salary escalators would hurt his trade value even more than it has been already (teams know that the Browns have all but cut ties with him and he won't be back).... so its more than money at stake...

Giving him $11 million to ensure he has absolutely no trade value would be really stupid. It was stupid for Mangini to say he'd stand by the winner of the QB competition and then pull the plug after 2 games in the first place, but there's not much that can be done about that now.

By putting the team in DA's hands they also killed Anderson's trade value too

I think the best thing they could do is fire Mangini and Daboll mid-season and put the team in the interim hands of Rob Ryan as even though the Jets are struggling I think most people appreciate the energy Rex Ryan has brought to that program and free agents might look at Cleveland a bit differently knowing that changes are being made (even if Rob Ryan isn't given the actual job after the season).

Credit the fans in Cleveland for not accepting the status quo... Lerner wouldn't be considering any changes if it weren't for them.

If the Browns fire mangini he will end up taking a different team to the superbowl imho. Has that ever happened to the browns before because they had knee jerk reactions?

Not a chance, the man is too domineering to ever assemble a talented set of coordinators around himself, and is not nearly genius enough to manage it all on his own. The only SB that ass clown is going to win is by playing Madden

I'd be embarassed if I were you too.

Everybody talks about the lack of talent...and we are lacking talent. However, we are not playing well in any facet of the game. This is more than just a lack of talent. Less talented teams can beat a more talented team by proper execution and playing smart assignment football. We have been awful at just about everything. We are lacking talent sure, but we do not play smart football, have not progressed (our offense has somewhat regressed...I didn't even think that was possible), just no passion, etc.

There is more going on here than just a lack of talent. We are not a team. We are playing in synch. Our issues seem to stem from the entire lack of a strategy from the top down.

I don't think Mangini is the answer. However, BE was and is overrated by many Browns fans (look what we got for him), and nothing more than a career tease. He's not worth his salary and he wasn't going to resign here anyway. That water has passed under the bridge. K2 has bad knees and wanted a new deal, one I think the Browns were right not to give him. They basically got one good year out of him and paid him how much?

Archived