THE BROWNS BOARD

Mid Season report card

BrownIndian

Just because we are approaching a bye week thought i would get our input on the Browns so far.

Ratings: -10* ----------------------------------------- *0* -----------------------------------------*10

(Deteriorated)-------------------------------(no Change)--------------------------------(Improvement)

Compared to last year,

>>. How are the draft picks for this year ?

>>. Is the browns progress on par with your expectations for this year ?

>>. Where have we improved so far ?

>>. Where do we need improvements ?

>>. Which players have shown/delivered the most promise ?

>>. Compared to 2008, rate our offense.

>>. Compared to 2008, rate our defense.

>>. what do you like/hate about our coaching staff.

>>. Compared to 2008, Rate our OC

>>. Compared to 2008, Rate our DC

>>. Compared to 2008, Rate our HC

>>. Name One change you would like to see in the Browns coming out of the bye week.

>>. Name some players that should not be on our roster for next year.

>>. How many more drafts are needed for the browns to be playoff contenders ?

>>. Name one position in the team that very badly needs improvement - the one positions where we simply must improve next year via drafting/free agency.

>>. Compared to 2008, rate the current Browns team.

Just because we are approaching a bye week thought i would get our input on the Browns so far.

Ratings: -10* ----------------------------------------- *0* -----------------------------------------*10

(Deteriorated)-------------------------------(no Change)--------------------------------(Improvement)

Compared to last year,

>>. How are the draft picks for this year ? -3

>>. Is the browns progress on par with your expectations for this year ? -10

>>. Where have we improved so far ? Defense

>>. Where do we need improvements ? everywhere

>>. Which players have shown/delivered the most promise ? Cribbs

>>. Compared to 2008, rate our offense. -10

>>. Compared to 2008, rate our defense. +3

>>. what do you like/hate about our coaching staff. I hate the silly QB gameplaying

>>. Compared to 2008, Rate our OC -10

>>. Compared to 2008, Rate our DC +4

>>. Compared to 2008, Rate our HC 0

>>. Name One change you would like to see in the Browns coming out of the bye week. Qiunn as QB and Velkune playing more

>>. Name some players that should not be on our roster for next year. Anderson, Lewis, St Clair, Poole

>>. How many more drafts are needed for the browns to be playoff contenders ? 2

>>. Name one position in the team that very badly needs improvement - the one positions where we simply must improve next year via drafting/free agency. QB and RB

>>. Compared to 2008, rate the current Browns team. -10

Let's see.............................

OL has gone down hill. Got to get a RT to stabilize the right side. There are no skilled position players on this team that could start for for any contender in the NFL (I count Cribbs as a special teams player, not a skilled position player).

DBs are pathetic. Wright is the only above average player. Need a shut down corner and a safety that can tackle and at least cover a TE. Elam is a decent backup at best and Pool couldn't tackle me in the open field.

There is some promise in the young LBs but so far that is it. No impact players. Wimbley has improved.

DL is solid..........................that's about the best you can say about this team.

So..................................can we get a shut down corner, a safety, a impact ILB & OLB, a TE, a RB and a QB. And we could probably use a veteran WR while we see if the draftees we took this year can cut it.

Compared to last year,

0. I dont see any improvements.

No

Special Teams

Offense

Wimbly showed good improvements under Ryan.

+4

defensively they are ok, but they need to come up with more sane offensive schemes.

+4

-2 so far

>>. Name One change you would like to see in the Browns coming out of the bye week.

Receivers catching the ball.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

>>. Name one position in the team that very badly needs improvement - the one positions where we simply must improve next year via drafting/free agency.

RB

Compared to last year,

>>. How are the draft picks for this year ? -0- too early to really tell.

>>. Is the browns progress on par with your expectations for this year ? -5 I didn't think they would have a winning season, but I didn't think it would be this bad

>>. Where have we improved so far ? +2 actually, our running game seems slightly improved

>>. Where do we need improvements ? Every single place across the board, QB, RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, DB. Though, our punter and Kick returner are quality, there is nothing to say they couldn't improve. They could go from #2 of 32 to #1 of 32, why not?

>>. Which players have shown/delivered the most promise ? Aside from Joe Thomas, Cribbs and Zastudil, no one really...though Mack is making strides. He would be the one guy.

>>. Compared to 2008, rate our offense. -5

>>. Compared to 2008, rate our defense. -5

>>. what do you like/hate about our coaching staff. For all the guff it is getting, I still believe Mangini basically knows what he is doing. Hell, Tom Landry and Chuck Noll both won just one game their first year in the league

>>. Compared to 2008, Rate our OC poor, very poor

>>. Compared to 2008, Rate our DC medium poor, seemed to really not do that badly vs. Bears. TOs killed us.

>>. Compared to 2008, Rate our HC medium or incomplete

>>. Name One change you would like to see in the Browns coming out of the bye week. Gotta sit DA down. He is killing us.

>>. Name some players that should not be on our roster for next year. Brandon McDonald. Our Right tackle

>>. How many more drafts are needed for the browns to be playoff contenders ? One, if it is done right.

>>. Name one position in the team that very badly needs improvement - the one positions where we simply must improve next year via drafting/free agency. If Jamal Lewis is retiring, RB will be a serious need position.

>>. Compared to 2008, rate the current Browns team. Just did.

Compared to last year,

>>. How are the draft picks for this year ? 0

>>. Is the browns progress on par with your expectations for this year ? -8

>>. Where have we improved so far ? 2 defense and center

>>. Where do we need improvements ? -5 EVERYWHERE!

>>. Which players have shown/delivered the most promise ? 3 Mack, Cribbs, Maiava, Wimbley

>>. Compared to 2008, rate our offense. -3

>>. Compared to 2008, rate our defense. 3

>>. what do you like/hate about our coaching staff. 0 too soon to judge

>>. Compared to 2008, Rate our OC 0 not much of a change either way here

>>. Compared to 2008, Rate our DC 8 Our brightest change from last season

>>. Compared to 2008, Rate our HC 0 too soon

>>. Name One change you would like to see in the Browns coming out of the bye week. QB change and the WildDawg needs to be used with more diversity and Harrison/Cribbs need to touch the ball more and get Jennings in the game

>>. Name some players that should not be on our roster for next year. Lewis, DA, (Quinn is a ?), the right side of our O-line

>>. How many more drafts are needed for the browns to be playoff contenders ? 2

>>. Name one position in the team that very badly needs improvement - the one positions where we simply must improve next year via drafting/free agency. LB

>>. Compared to 2008, rate the current Browns team. 0 incomplete - It is the first year of a complete rebuild. Gotta give it time.

Compared to last year,

Defense, Special teams, penalties, run game (slightly)

Passing, Pocket presence, receivers running routes and catching the ball, better play calling.

Cribbs, Quinn, Barton, Coleman, Rogers, Mack, Thomas, Vickers, Davis, Harrison, Lewis (slightly), Elam, Adams, Wimbley, Jackson, and Wright.

Tough love is a positive, discipline is a must. Bad play calling, beating around the bush, and dumb decisions in general.

QUARTERBACK

Furry, Anderson, Pool, Mcdonald

Two

Either quarterback or wide reciever

IMO the most pressing need on this team (outside of QB) is the safety position.I am of the

opinion that McDonald/Wright/Francies would be much better if they had ANYONE helping

them out at safety. I have never been a fan of Brodney Pool. He make 1 or 2 plays a year

and lives off that. Abe Elam?? You could have fooled me that he was even on the team this

year. I heard his name yesterday for one of the few times this year.Talk about a player

having NO impact on the game......

The defense has some possibilties if we can get 2 safeties that can play. Rogers, D'Qwell,

and Wimbley (he has been playing better and I DID like the shot he got penalized for

against Cutler) can play. The defensive line is servicable. We could use a big time pass rusher.

We still need 2 LBs (see Clay Mathews Jr.,Rey Malaluga who we bypassed).As I said before

Wright and McDonald are decent even if they can't tackle.

The offense is another story. That is one big mess. Thomas,Steinbach,and Mack are keepers--

the rest can go.

Build this team on defense. It is closer than the offense on this teamm to being respectable.

Of course there are 31 other teams whose offense if better than ours. Build the defense and

win ugly like the Ravens did with Dilfer at QB.

Archived