THE BROWNS BOARD

Here's What I'd Like Lerner to Say to the Team.

Flugel

Warning: I'm not ready to be rationale so I'm just sharing some of the disturbing thoughts bouncing around in my dome.

I'd Lerner him to inform EVERY player before the game on Monday Night that entertainers paid great cake to entertain aren't entertaining if they can't block, tackle, catch, pass or hit the hole. "Be prepared to LOSE a game check fellas if you lay an egg together on MNF. This is your team building challenge - you've got TWO WEEKS to prepare so make it happen!"

These guys don't need a best friend, nice guy or clergy blessing. They need a basterd willing to insert a size 14 shoe up their dumpsters.

I'm so sick of this crap! Start cutting some of these waste of uniforms that CAN'T catch and look to who's on the open market right now. Anyone of us would cut off an arm to run around covered like a blanket and drop the rare passes that will touch our hands for a minimum of $250K. I HAVE to believe between Joey Galloway, Marvin Harrison, Matt Jones and yes David Patten that 1 of them is better than the goofballs we have out there today. I realize BOTH our QBs have been disappointing. If you're an enormous Quinn fan - don't you want him to have someone legitimate to throw to. I think MoMass CAN become a decent #2 Wr like he was on his college team last year to freshman AJ Green. If we bring in a FA, he's not stealing ANY future #1 WR's spot on this team nor are we trading away any value to acquire him. You can't throw the ball with any consistency if you don't have a guy that can win a matchup downfield no matter who is playing QB.

- Tom F.

But which players will stay in Berea for the whole TWO weeks?

I remember the RAC days and he would take a week off and do dumb shit like cleaning his garage, for X sakes man you can pay someone to do that shit is what I would say to myself. Get into the building and start earning your pay fat ass.

I will be intent to watching what who and which players and coaches decide not to take a week off and relax and who are the ones you can count on as being accountable..

Are you reading this JL? get on a treadmill this week and Lose 10 lbs so you can run faster.

Warning: I'm not ready to be rationale so I'm just sharing some of the disturbing thoughts bouncing around in my dome.

I'd Lerner him to inform EVERY player before the game on Monday Night that entertainers paid great cake to entertain aren't entertaining if they can't block, tackle, catch, pass or hit the hole. "Be prepared to LOSE a game check fellas if you lay an egg together on MNF. This is your team building challenge - you've got TWO WEEKS to prepare so make it happen!"

These guys don't need a best friend, nice guy or clergy blessing. They need a basterd willing to insert a size 14 shoe up their dumpsters.

I'm so sick of this crap! Start cutting some of these waste of uniforms that CAN'T catch and look to who's on the open market right now. Anyone of us would cut off an arm to run around covered like a blanket and drop the rare passes that will touch our hands for a minimum of $250K. I HAVE to believe between Joey Galloway, Marvin Harrison, Matt Jones and yes David Patten that 1 of them is better than the goofballs we have out there today. I realize BOTH our QBs have been disappointing. If you're an enormous Quinn fan - don't you want him to have someone legitimate to throw to. I think MoMass CAN become a decent #2 Wr like he was on his college team last year to freshman AJ Green. If we bring in a FA, he's not stealing ANY future #1 WR's spot on this team nor are we trading away any value to acquire him. You can't throw the ball with any consistency if you don't have a guy that can win a matchup downfield no matter who is playing QB.

- Tom F.

I agree to the extent that we drafted two potential #2 receivers in the second round of the draft and we got another slot receiver in Stuckey for Edwards. That gives us 3 slot receivers (Stuckey, Furrey and Cribbs) and two rookies that have the potential to be #2 receivers. Plus, we don't have a TE worth a shit. sorry to Heiden but he just hasn't come back from his many injuries.

- Tom F.

Yeah, our receivers suck. You want to cut anyone RIGHT NOW, get rid of DA. Sucks out loud, waste of a roster spot. If Quinn gets hurt we still have Cribbs and Ratliff. That's enough insurance in my book.

Yeah, our receivers suck. You want to cut anyone RIGHT NOW, get rid of DA. Sucks out loud, waste of a roster spot. If Quinn gets hurt we still have Cribbs and Ratliff. That's enough insurance in my book.

They're gonna bench DA Larry, which needs to happen. That said, it brings us right back to how things went in our 1st 10 quareters of offense, which was couldn't cross the 50 unless Cribbs did it on the return. Therefore, it's right back to WHO do you want him to throw the ball to? Is it a favorabler matchup over a #1 or #2 corner? Beuerline did the GB game and told us our WRs were MIA because Harris and Woodson owned them. Not only that, there's no guarantees they were runing the correct routes in the first place.

I need SOMETHING, anything, to get me excited about watching this MNF Game vrs Baltimore in 2 weeks. We already gave Jamal Lewis tenure at RB. I watched replays of some of the runs last game - there were soem HUGE holes just like Cincy created on the Bears. The avergae joe/Missy will tell me - he had a nioce avg per carry. True, but the avg back can hit the homerun on some of those holes. The one run where he waddled and vibrated for 16 yards to the 1 was a TD with 31 other starting RBs in this league. The holes was the biggest I've seen all year.

Now that we continue to yank Vickers so jamal can stay in when Harrison comes in - Vickers is dropping the ball on the rare occasion he's in the game. We can't expect consistency from guys that aren't offered consistency in the lineup. I wish these Bill Belichick pupils would realize this. Why on earth does Jamal start?

All this fussing I'm doing - is because I think we have an oline that CAN run block or we wouldn't have dialed up well over 100 on Cincy and Buffalo. If we even had an average back that could get oput of his stance and hit the daylight vrs the Bears - we're lookign at what Cedric Benson did to them. Remember him? Chicago does - I can assure you!

So Quinn is going to start Larry - if he looks like Jesus resurrecting Lazarus from the dead and all these studs you think we have start lighting the scoreboard - then yes fire DA who must have hired hired himself and given himself an enormous payraise. Don't you ever think that if we had some DECENT targets for the QBs Quinn MIGHT have shown he was better? If we EVER get a #1 WR back here again - I've seen MoMass can fill our need as a #2 even if it was just 1 game vrs Cincy. Try to beat somebody at a game of Chess attacking them with just pawns and let me know how close you come to saving your King and winning. That's what we are right now and I just hope Lerner isn't knee jerking at the WRONG guys that gave Mankok the empty deck. Mankok doubled our draft volume in 09 and tripled it for 2010 while the Jets have won 1 of their last 4 games and Tampa awaits their first win from what we gave up.

- Tom F.

Archived