THE BROWNS BOARD

Word on the street is Bernie and Marty may be

dawgpound3

Kosar may be filling Kokonis' spot as GM, and Marty Schottenheimer as team president of football operation.

This would reunite the two as Schottenheimer coached the Browns back in the late 80s, and Kosar played QB for the browns.

That would be a hell of an interesting tandem

I know Bernie was our last good QB, but GM isn't really a job that any good NFL player can just step into. I know everyone will scream OZZIE, but something tells me that he might have had some other qualities beside just being a great TE. Lets focus on getting a GM with some NFL management experience that Mangini DOESN'T get to hand pick.

I know Bernie was our last good QB, but GM isn't really a job that any good NFL player can just step into. I know everyone will scream OZZIE, but something tells me that he might have had some other qualities beside just being a great TE. Lets focus on getting a GM with some NFL management experience that Mangini DOESN'T get to hand pick.

Ozzie had Savage and Kokonis, remember? He had both of them. But Ozzie is a good evaluator. I think I see some of the qualities in Bernie, too. Ozzie was a smart football player, and so was Bernie. That's why Bernie was one of the smartest QBs and the most accurate passer(threw 286 consecutive pass attempts without an interception), and that's why Ozzie is a great HOF tight end, because he could shread any defense, whether it be cover 2, 3 or just man to man, and had excellent hands.

Archived