THE BROWNS BOARD

Ernie Accorsi to mentor Bernie Kosar

guy2003

Channel 3 is reporting that Accorsi is going to be a consultant and will mentor Kosar as our new GM....

Honestly, I don't think anyone knows what's going on right now. Not ANYone.

Watching Bernie throw the ball over here in London back in '89 was what cemented me as a Browns fan, I love the guy and the fact that he can hardly walk anymore because he kept himself hanging in behind a folding pocket for our points BUT can he really be a general manager? I'm not sure I would want him running my business. He'll need advisors everywhere and look what happened to his business and personal life when he let his outside of football advisers run their own agendas?

Don't shoot me down, I still LOVE the guy and if I ever met him I'd hug tha bastard to death, but GM??????

If this is so i believe i will sleep better knowing that bernie is running things..bernie is a trustworthy guy to trust the team to and ernie is a very experienced guy and should be a great mentor...by golly it looks like lerner may have did something right for once...;)

Sounds like a muppet thing...THE ERNIE AND BERNIE SHOW! hehehehehe

i'm open to anything...even Brady under center the rest of the year...anything.

Howie IMO Bernie has refined scouting abilites and certainly it's against odds that he would ever be reckless handling the Browns, unlike some personal choices he's made.

he'll be under heavy scrutiny and advisement>>should help mold him right from the start. Newsome had a similar pedigree and he's been pretty effective, i'm on board.

i'm open to anything...even Brady under center the rest of the year...anything.

Howie IMO Bernie has refined scouting abilites and certainly it's against odds that he would ever be reckless handling the Browns, unlike some personal choices he's made.

he'll be under heavy scrutiny and advisement>>should help mold him right from the start. Newsome had a similar pedigree and he's been pretty effective, i'm on board.

Sisky, I'm all for having a man who bleeds orange and brown, no doubt. I just worry that the GM role is too big for him BUT Kokinis was a ghost so I admit that the Browns passion BK would bring would count for alot. There's a job out there for a mural painter for sure.

Watching Bernie throw the ball over here in London back in '89 was what cemented me as a Browns fan, I love the guy and the fact that he can hardly walk anymore because he kept himself hanging in behind a folding pocket for our points BUT can he really be a general manager? I'm not sure I would want him running my business. He'll need advisors everywhere and look what happened to his business and personal life when he let his outside of football advisers run their own agendas?

Don't shoot me down, I still LOVE the guy and if I ever met him I'd hug tha bastard to death, but GM??????

Well said Howie. I tried to say something similar in another thread but I like your version better. I'd rather see Kosar coordinating our offense and bringing back some of the FUN style of offense he learned under Lindy Inftante.

- Tom F.

Archived