THE BROWNS BOARD

Ernie Accorsi hired as New Browns GM

steel88

So now who's it gonna be? Kosar, Floyd Reese, Charlie Casserly, Tom Donahoe, Tony Dungy, Cower, Shotenheimer, Maybe Jim Brown hes been a consultant for quite a while, maybe he's ready for the next step? Any other candidates? John Madden.. lol

Give me a break..........Jim Brown!!

I believe an NFL franchise can do no better - on the field or off the field - than having Tony Dungy associated with it. Not sure if Dungy wants to get back into football. He does so much good off the field too. Only one way to find out and I suggest Lerner finds out.

Not sure what Casserly is up to these days. He graduated from Cathedral High School in Springfield, MA so the papers used to give him pretty good coverage. I haven't read about him lately so I am not sure of his status.

Take out Kosar and the great, great Jim Brown and you listed an impressive array of names.

I think Kosar is a great football mind, but not GM material. Certainly BK would surround himself with "people in the know" to help him out, but I think he's there simply to help out on offensive schemes, maybe even take over Daboll's job.

I doubt if BK has enough knowledge about college draft prospects.

Give me a break..........Jim Brown!!

I believe an NFL franchise can do no better - on the field or off the field - than having Tony Dungy associated with it. Not sure if Dungy wants to get back into football. He does so much good off the field too. Only one way to find out and I suggest Lerner finds out.

Not sure what Casserly is up to these days. He graduated from Cathedral High School in Springfield, MA so the papers used to give him pretty good coverage. I haven't read about him lately so I am not sure of his status.

Take out Kosar and the great, great Jim Brown and you listed an impressive array of names.

I was being sarcastic when I mentioned Jim Brown and John Madden. And threw Kosar in their because all the rumors floating around.

I agree Tony Dungy would be my first choice, if we can lure him out of retirement

Casserly is busy pumping his own tires on one of the pre games shows. Can't stand listening to him, he's ancient and thinks he's 10x the evaluator then he actually is.

The Kok has finally been removed from Mankok!

Everybody's talking GM & IMHO, that's putting the cart before the horse...again! Lerner needs to hire a FOOTBALL guy as President of Football Operations (based on input from Accorsi & a team of knowledgeable consultants), then trust THAT person to hire a GM & go from there as far as the rest of the organization & selection of players, etc. Randy has not done a good job of evaluating his "hires", but then he is not from an NFL background & is ill prepared to make those decisions. I really think he may be ready to take those steps...at least I hope so, because with plenty of cap space & 11 draft picks, we are certainly in a position to take positive steps forward IF we have the management team in place to make the most of the opportunities that are going to be there.

Mike

the new herald who the poster credits with the hiring of Accorsi is about an hour from cleveland in a little sesspool of a town painesville..Not exactly the bastion of cutting edge news... I know.. I used to live there. I guess for a town of 25k it's not a bad paper..but I would hold of on quoting there cutting edge reports.

Archived