THE BROWNS BOARD

Its a Joke

mopaji

This is a classic Lerner "appease the fanbase" move. Not only is 8 games WAAAAY to soon to judge a GMs performance, but we just dumped a guy with proven success in this league. On top of that, who do you put in that role? I am almost certain Mangini has it on his contract that he gets final say of any personel moves on this team. Because of that, does it really matter who we hire now? Kokinis has proved one thing since being in the league, he can draft, and that's what this team needs to do.

More important than losing Kokinis is that Lerner has proven that he has no clue how to run a team. Talking to fans for input is bad enough but to make a PR move like this that will only hurt the team more is just assinine. He wants to show the fans that he cares and all he has done is hurt the team, again. We all know that firing people in the middle of a season is a statement move but when you do it after only one offseason, you are just clueless. Its a joke and I am going to have a really hard time supporting this team while Lerner is in charge. Inpatient, pompous ass!

This is a classic Lerner "appease the fanbase" move. Not only is 8 games WAAAAY to soon to judge a GMs performance, but we just dumped a guy with proven success in this league. On top of that, who do you put in that role? I am almost certain Mangini has it on his contract that he gets final say of any personel moves on this team. Because of that, does it really matter who we hire now? Kokinis has proved one thing since being in the league, he can draft, and that's what this team needs to do.

More important than losing Kokinis is that Lerner has proven that he has no clue how to run a team. Talking to fans for input is bad enough but to make a PR move like this that will only hurt the team more is just assinine. He wants to show the fans that he cares and all he has done is hurt the team, again. We all know that firing people in the middle of a season is a statement move but when you do it after only one offseason, you are just clueless. Its a joke and I am going to have a really hard time supporting this team while Lerner is in charge. Inpatient, pompous ass!

Lerner ain't going anywhere so take a chill pill.

Here's a good post to help you, it's called: Fans have lost perspective ... calm down ... and was written yesteday by ... err ... YOU.

funny. What I think Mo was trying to say in his calm down post was we need to give it time. We don't know exactly what we have until it plays out. Firing your GM halfway through a season brings us back to square one again.

Whatever Kokinis had planned for next year's draft, forget it. Someone else is making the plans now. Good or bad? Dunno. Have to wait and see. But that's what we were doing all ready with Kokinis.

Waiting for the ripple effect now. What does this mean for Mangini? his staff? Player mentality? Not that it was all that good to begin with.

Wonder how many times Lerner hits the restart button on his PS3 when playing Madden? After the first season in owner mode? Or before the season is complete?

how has kokinis proven he can draft? He was in charge of free agents etc with Balti...Ozzie & co drafted..

Im telling you something else went on..he was being a pissy baby...bangin one of the employees (that may have just got fired as well) or something...or they flat out lied as to what his role would be to lerner ...

how has kokinis proven he can draft? He was in charge of free agents etc with Balti...Ozzie & co drafted..

Im telling you something else went on..he was being a pissy baby...bangin one of the employees (that may have just got fired as well) or something...or they flat out lied as to what his role would be to lerner ...

Maybe there are some truths to the rumors about sexual impropriety but who knows?

I think the real reason he may have been fired has more to do with Lerner wanting "...a face of the franchise" like he said on Monday. Kokinis didn't want to talk in interviews or press conferences like his predecessor Savage liked to do. For whatever reason (maybe Mangini wanted it that way) he didn't ever talk to the press.

I sincerly hope the next GM has more power and has the authority and respect within the organization to be able to say STFU to Mangini whenever he needs to.

Maybe there are some truths to the rumors about sexual impropriety but who knows?

I think the real reason he may have been fired has more to do with Lerner wanting "...a face of the franchise" like he said on Monday. Kokinis didn't want to talk in interviews or press conferences like his predecessor Savage liked to do. For whatever reason (maybe Mangini wanted it that way) he didn't ever talk to the press.

I sincerly hope the next GM has more power and has the authority and respect within the organization to be able to say STFU to Mangini whenever he needs to.

Kokinis had final say on every decision how a GM gets more power then that I dont know. Maybe the reason he got fired is all the bad decisions HE made (not Mangini) just a thought for all you guys who want Mangini out.

Mike Florio posted a report that Mangini and Kokinis were butting heads because they werent agreeing on personel decisions. Obviously Lerner agreed with Mangini more than Kokinis.

Who was it that had the final say in the Edwards and Winslow trades.....trades in which the Browns got relatively NOTHING for guys who have produced in the league.

By comparison, the Buccanneers at least got a 2nd round pick for (former #4 overall pick) Gaines Adams, who has done nothing in the league whatsoever.

funny. What I think Mo was trying to say in his calm down post was we need to give it time. We don't know exactly what we have until it plays out. Firing your GM halfway through a season brings us back to square one again.

Whatever Kokinis had planned for next year's draft, forget it. Someone else is making the plans now. Good or bad? Dunno. Have to wait and see. But that's what we were doing all ready with Kokinis.

Waiting for the ripple effect now. What does this mean for Mangini? his staff? Player mentality? Not that it was all that good to begin with.

Wonder how many times Lerner hits the restart button on his PS3 when playing Madden? After the first season in owner mode? Or before the season is complete?

GOOD...drafting a center and two second round wr's if fking stupid...good riddance, and good riddance to jamal lewis(c ya)

Actually, that's a good point.I have calmed down a little bit but I am still pissed at Lerner for not seeing this through.

It's ok, we are all going through it. I was just sitting here thinking to myself that it wouldn't surprise me right now to see a ridiculous headline such as, 'Kosar to start Monday Night against the Ravens'.

I know I flirted with a few drugs back in my high school years in the early 80's, but wtf is going on? It's like we were cruising along as NFL fans when all of a sudden we ran smack-dab into the eye of a hurricane. Shit started spinning everywhere, I seen Dave Logan catch a pass in the corner of the end zone and next thing I know Dennis Northcutt is taking snaps as we unveil the UFO defense. I promise, I will never raise a glass or inhale ever again ... please just make it stop. (repeats last verse until passing out in fetal position next to stacks of Browns News illustrateds)

Lerner ain't going anywhere so take a chill pill.

LMAO! I hit the deck when I saw that picture of Lerner as your icon. Dude, you come up with the funniest freakin icons. That Nicholson "Here's Johnny" was money too!

- Tom F.

Archived