THE BROWNS BOARD

The Next GM

ClevelandFanForLife

Ok, so I've decided to start a thread on where everyone can say what they would like in a new general manager. If you have any gripes or likes in what you want or hate in a GM, this is a place to put them.

I'll go first. I for one want a GM who isn't going to take anyone's crap and will stand up to the coach when he is doing something stupid like keep everything on the team a secret. I want a guy who has the balls to tell a coach to get off of himself and do something productive. I also want a GM who actually knows what they want and doesn't just listen to everything the coach spoon feeds them into believing. Basically I want the Brown's next GM to have some freaking backbone.

Ok, so I've decided to start a thread on where everyone can say what they would like in a new general manager. If you have any gripes or likes in what you want or hate in a GM, this is a place to put them.

I'll go first. I for one want a GM who isn't going to take anyone's crap and will stand up to the coach when he is doing something stupid like keep everything on the team a secret. I want a guy who has the balls to tell a coach to get off of himself and do something productive. I also want a GM who actually knows what they want and doesn't just listen to everything the coach spoon feeds them into believing. Basically I want the Brown's next GM to have some freaking backbone.

Basically from everything Ive gathered today Kosar is going to be the new GM with accorsi consulting/grooming him. just basically everything Ive read and heard(rizzo's interview with dawg pound mike)

I want a GM that lets the Head Coach handle the coaches and players. A GM who brings in and drafts guys that fit the system and personality that the Coach is looking for. A GM that listens to coaches as to what they need, wether its Mangini or another coach they have to work hand in hand. We dont need a dictator we need a communicator

I'd like someone with better luck and overall better sense than Savage. Someone more visible than Kokinis. Someone who would draft defensive players the way our AFC North rivals do. Someone who shares Mangini's preference for players who are smart, disciplined, football fanatics with good character. Someone who can solve the problems at offensive coordinator.

Per an article I read here are the categories of potential candidates for a new GM:

A. Model 1: The Experienced GM (or The Ernie Accorsi model)

possibles: Charlie Casserly, Floyd Reese, James Harris, Mike Lombardi, Carl Peterson, Ron Hill

B. Model 2: The Proven Coach taking over as GM (or the Bill Parcels model)

possibles: Dan Reeves, Marty Schottenheimer, Dick Vermeil (you could include a Billick, Cowher, Seifert, Gibbs, etc. in this group.

C. Model 3: The Experienced Front office exec. moving up: (the Scott Pioli model)

possibles: Kevin Colbert, Tom Heckert, Bill Kuharich, Randy Meuller

D. Model 4: The Young Understudy (of course, this I believe is what we have had with Savage and Kokinis here0

E. Model 5: The Complete Outsider (or the Kennesaw Mountain Landis model, where you bring someone in from out of the blue that was involved in another profession altogether)

possible: Bernie Kosar, of course. Paul Faulkner, Chief of Operations of Aston Villa, Karl Rove (we may need about as big a prick as we can find for this job),

Archived