THE BROWNS BOARD

So Who is our Starting QB after the Bye?

bonedawg

With all of the front office shenanigans going on, the fact that BQ got back into the game has been pushed to the back-burner. The move to bench DA was fairly head-scratching purely because of when it happened. DA was benched with 3 minutes left in the 4th down 30-6. Mangini clearly didn't make the move to "provide a spark" or any of that other horse shit that coaches say when they yank a QB. Instead, after the game, Mangini said something to the effect of "giving the kid some reps." WTF? That statement seems to suggest he is going back to DA for week 10. The mind boggling part of the statement is 1. if you want to give him reps, make him the starter 2. are we supposed to believe that Quinn is still being "developed?" Listen, I want both BQ and DA gone before next season, but the whole handling of this thing by Mangini reeks worse than the Cuyahoga River in 1969. Hopefully the new GM will come in and mop some of this mess up.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

I think it will be Quinn. Neither will thrive under this offense with rookie receivers, half of an offensive line and a running back with no big-play potential. If I had to pick one for the future, I would want Anderson, but our season is done, might as well give Quinn a real shot.

I think it will be Quinn. Neither will thrive under this offense with rookie receivers, half of an offensive line and a running back with no big-play potential. If I had to pick one for the future, I would want Anderson, but our season is done, might as well give Quinn a real shot.

Are you serious? How many more times does Anderson have to prove that he is terrible? There is no excuse for Anderson to play as bad as he has. He can't even complete 50% of his passes. He should never play another down in Cleveland.

My thoughts, exactly.

They will keep BQ under the 70% of snaps. Anderson has played 5 1/2 games, but the offense has been so dreadful that conceivably BQ could still take 70% of the snaps if the O does better under him in the second half (esp. given that we are playing some very weak teams). I wouldn't be surprised to see DA again in at least one game after the bye because of this. Not sure if it'll be Baltimore. Whoever goes out there against them is a sacrificial lamb. I'd almost rather they give BQ snaps during the bye and throw DA out there against Baltimore, then start Quinn the following week against Detroit. That'll give him a start against a weaker opponent and hopefully build some confidence.

It should be Quinn or Ratliff. Don't think it will matter much but DA has done nothing after his first start to warrant starting the rest of the season. I am a big DA backer but he has shit the bed. It is not all his fault but enough of it is to deserve getting benched. Might as well see what BQ can do, not like it will hurt his trade value. Neither Qb has any trade value right now and I almost expected to see DA released after last week.

Its gotta be Quinn, right? I'm guessing that with the easier opponents Detroit, Jax, KC, and Oakland on the schedule that he will win 2 or 3 games and then everyone will feel much better about him. He'll either get traded after that or become the starter for next season.

If they really want to avoid the 70% of snaps thing, they can just snap it to Cribbs more often.

I dropped anderson and picked up Quinn on my fantasy team if that's any indication of where I'm headging my bets.

Zombo

--yeah, my team has serious QB issues...

Does your league only have bad QBs? Man I know at least 15 free agent QBs in my league that are better than those two quarterbacks...ouch bro.

Does your league only have bad QBs? Man I know at least 15 free agent QBs in my league that are better than those two quarterbacks...ouch bro.

I have three QBs on my roster. Yes, they all suck, but I like to keep one of the Browns just for posterity's sake. Whatever that means.

Zombo

I have three QBs on my roster. Yes, they all suck, but I like to keep one of the Browns just for posterity's sake. Whatever that means.

Zombo

Take it a step further...no Steeler, Bengal, Raven, or Bronco allowed on my team, ever.

Its gotta be Quinn, right? I'm guessing that with the easier opponents Detroit, Jax, KC, and Oakland on the schedule that he will win 2 or 3 games and then everyone will feel much better about him. He'll either get traded after that or become the starter for next season.

If they really want to avoid the 70% of snaps thing, they can just snap it to Cribbs more often.

I think the chances of BQ being on the roster next season are greater than the chances of DA being here. I doubt the Browns will want to pay DA 7M+ next year for his level of production.

Are you serious? How many more times does Anderson have to prove that he is terrible? There is no excuse for Anderson to play as bad as he has. He can't even complete 50% of his passes. He should never play another down in Cleveland.

Unless he gets picked up by another team who plays us at home. Then I would love to see him play in Cleveland

Archived