THE BROWNS BOARD

Hines Ward NFL's Dirtiest Player- So say his peers

Brownshirt

I wasn't aware that my number of posts was at all any indicator of my wisdom and/or knowledge.

Well your number of posts tell me that you don't know me at all. So , you really don't need to talk all that **** . We all have opinions , just because we don't agree doesn't make one of us Retarded , stupid or an Idiot. Just differing in opinions.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, what you're telling me is that in the NFL, people will get fined for shots that are illegal, even if they aren't technically illegal at the time? Hm, interesting. You may want to talk to your boy up there.

"people will get fined for shots that are illegal, even if they aren't technically illegal at the time?"

Can you attempt to explain what that is supposed to mean?

I was saying that Goodell fines players for hits he determines were too intiminating even if the ref didn't through a flag.

That is the biggest load of crap I have ever read. You're just blatantly stating rash generalities. Everybody has the "football mentality" in NFL, or else they would never make it. I know plenty of WR's that have more passion for the game than any linemen. For that matter, I know kickers and PRs that have more of a "football mentality" than LB's or defensive linemen. You can't judge a person's mentality based on the position that they play. I know linemen that are some of the most laid-back guys you will ever meet, and they play football because they can, and I know WR's that will go out and hit anybody in the mouth on the field. A cheap shot is a cheap shot. Whines isn't redefined, he's a dirty player. Does he have a great deal of passion? Yes. Does he also have a great deal of talent? Yes. I know he's a great player, but that doesn't mean he's not dirty as well.

I was using the term "football mentality" as an opposite for players who are primodonas. Do you know any primodona lineman in the NFL? Do you know any primodona recievers in the NFL? "You can't judge a person's mentality based on the position that they play." That's my point! It may be a stereotype that receivers are the most primodona position in the NFL, but than you have players like Ward who don't fit that at all.

Okay, you may think Hines is a dirty player, but can you atleast admitt he make plays/hits within the restrictions of the rulebook?

I was using the term "football mentality" as an opposite for players who are primodonas. Do you know any primodona lineman in the NFL? Do you know any primodona recievers in the NFL? "You can't judge a person's mentality based on the position that they play." That's my point! It may be a stereotype that receivers are the most primodona position in the NFL, but than you have players like Ward who don't fit that at all.

Okay, you may think Hines is a dirty player, but can you atleast admitt he make plays/hits within the restrictions of the rulebook?

IF Hines were a Brown this dude would LOVE him for his tenacity and his willingness to "Get Dirty" with his fellow Teammates...all the while being a superstar.

IF Hines were a Brown this dude would LOVE him for his tenacity and his willingness to "Get Dirty" with his fellow Teammates...all the while being a superstar.

I've already said that I would never want him on my team although I do recognize his talent. I have a problem with people I feel are dirty players, and Hines is probably at the top of that list, maybe second behind Sean Avery. Don't think you know what I would like and wouldn't like.

"people will get fined for shots that are illegal, even if they aren't technically illegal at the time?"

Can you attempt to explain what that is supposed to mean?

I was saying that Goodell fines players for hits he determines were too intiminating even if the ref didn't through a flag.

Intiminating is not a word. And I meant exactly what I said. Goodell will fire a person because a shot is too "intiminating" [sic], but the plays aren't technically illegal at the time of the fine? Why fine them, then? What's the point in fining them if the shot is perfectly legal?

Looking at that list, the definition of a dirty player seems to be one who is physical. The Browns wish they had some of those specimens on that list. I have never seen a list of the most PENALIZED players in the NFL by position, that would be more interesting to me. If there were someone who TRULY was consistently dirty they would cost their team too many yards and so they would clean up their play or be out of the league.

I don't think Ward really gets flagged all that often. He does jack people up but that is part of the game. Guys should be ashamed to complain about being jacked up by someone 10 years older and 30 pounds lighter than they are. Sounds like defensive players don't like swallowing their own medicine. Maybe they need to go change their tampon.

physical is one thing.

Unnecessary "what do I care if I leave them paralyzed after I hit them after the play is over, or totally away from the play" is not

physical play that is accepted and understood by most of the entire league.

Some want to be feared for their cheapshots, and don't care what happens to someone they cheapshot, for whatever reason.

Two different deals.

Intiminating is not a word. And I meant exactly what I said. Goodell will fire a person because a shot is too "intiminating" [sic], but the plays aren't technically illegal at the time of the fine? Why fine them, then? What's the point in fining them if the shot is perfectly legal?

goodell will fire a person because a shot... You mean exactly that he will "fire" a person?

physical is one thing.

Unnecessary "what do I care if I leave them paralyzed after I hit them after the play is over, or totally away from the play" is not

Some want to be feared for their cheapshots, and don't care what happens to someone they cheapshot, for whatever reason.

Two different deals.

You've used this argument twice in this thread, where the hell does hitting a guy hard translate to a lack of caring about injury? Sure on the far end of the spectrum there's a line that gets crossed but that's only when an action will definitely cause problems. And from a Browns fan no less, we all laugh and cheer for the Bradshaw pile driver. If you do to, then you're an f'ing hypocrite when you use this argument. A blind side hit from a smaller wide receiver is not going to permanantly injure a large defensive lineman, and while its not dainty and ruled by decorum, is still a legal manuever. Rub some dirt in it and move on.

physical is one thing.

Two different deals.

NO way No Shape and No Form is Hines Ward in the Catigory of : "what do I care if I leave them paralyzed after I hit them after the play is over, or totally away from the play" If you believe that you are certainly a Horrid judge of Character.

This is flat out comical!

If you had been to the 88 largest cities in America, and talked football, you would know that the Browns are universally declared to be the most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL, and one of the worst teams in the history of modern football, but let me guess.........somehow that doesn't count for you does it?

It IS Truly Hilarious !! After all SteelerNation is Saluted all over the NFL (Except Maybe Cleveland Ohio) for the Outstanding Fans we have. Yet somehow this guy has been to the nations 88 biggest markets ( Yes Eighty Eight ) and has brought a detailed questionare that he has passed out to a scientific and sizable cross section of the population. Then has compiled the Intel and came up with these results. How big of a BS artist can you be dude ??

You've used this argument twice in this thread, where the hell does hitting a guy hard translate to a lack of caring about injury? Neo

Not hitting hard, hitting blindside cheapshot well away from the play and/or after the play is over. That's when you just want

to be feared, and couldn't care less if the guy he hits ends up in a wheel chair for life, etc.

Obviously, you didn't get it the first time, maybe the third time will be the charm?

Sure on the far end of the spectrum there's a line that gets crossed but that's only when an action will definitely cause problems.

So. what's the problem? The line gets crossed, well uncalled for, not in legit action, so your disagreement is... what?

And from a Browns fan no less, we all laugh and cheer for the Bradshaw pile driver.

No, we didn't all. But, Bradshaw was trying to pull away from Jones, and Jones was tackling him, and nailed him,

which was uncalled for. Bradshaw could have gotten a broken neck.

If you do to, then you're an f'ing hypocrite when you use this argument.

I don't, and I'm very consistent about it. You are wrong. Be very quiet, because if you don't,

you are an f'in hypocrite.

A blind side hit from a smaller wide receiver is not going to permanantly injure a large defensive lineman, and while its not dainty and ruled by decorum, is still a legal manuever. Rub some dirt in it and move on.

Away from and after the play? It most certainly is not a "legal maneuver" . You didn't spell "maneuver" correctly, btw...

And "smaller wide receiver" can't injure a defensive lineman on a blind side hit?

I call seriously, outrageously and histerical bullship.

Heres My Issue with this. Defenders have NO problem Drilling a Guy who doesnt see them coming. Bart Scott was on espn radio tuesday saying his "Best" Hit ever was on Ben Roethlisberger ... "And he never seen me coming...I had a 15 yard head start , I thought I Killed him , he was down like 10 minutes" (paraphrased) He did say he was concerned afterward ... but these same defenders dont want be the "Hunted". So No offense , its football and a WR that has to go over the middle as part of his Job yet still takes pride in Jacking a defender trying to stop our offense ?? I have No Problem with that. The defensive guys who are offended by it... sorry it smells of a double standard.

Someone making sense.

And consider these further names who could be in line for HOF induction over HW or who are contemporaries that may get equal HOF consideration:

Andre Reed

Rod Smith

Tony Gonzales

Joey Galloway

Shannon Sharpe

Irving Fryar

Art Powell

Laverneus Coles

Derrick Mason

TJ Houshmanzadeh

If you took all the people in these two posts how would you rate them for consideration for HOF induction?

Thanks for the laugh. I've stayed away from the Browns board as of late but this brought me out of my vacation. Joey Galloway, Coles, Mason, TJ? and then you have Mushin, Eric Moulds etc on the first list over Hines? Laughable. Yea I get it you hate the Steelers but look at the numbers, the rings, the accolades and Hines being a primary face of the STeelers, not to mention the best blocking WR in the NFL currently and maybe ever. Additionally the "dirtiest player award" is also amusing and he himself thinks it's amusing. He's a WR fellas, beating up on LB's, DB's whatever and he's catching heat for being dirty. Every team in the NFL would love to have Hines Ward or a player like him. The peer voting is also a bunch of sour grapes. Get over it. Hines Ward is a future hall of famer without a doubt and will certainly get in before guys like the ones I listed in my post....oh and I forgot Chad Johnson lol. Yea solid receivers but in before Ward? lol.

Thanks for the laugh Gip.

You can defend the douche all you want but the bottom line is always the same. HE IS A COCKROACH.

Sure thing big timer. A "Cockroach" you'd love to have on your team. If one of your receivers was blowing up DB's and LB's you sing his praises from now until early in the morning. However because he's part of the opposition people have nothing but negative sh.it to say. It's amusing. I will give you that much.

physical is one thing.

Two different deals.

Your post reminds me of a little incident with Ben last year. Willie McGinest made a hit on Ben and drove defenseless Ben into the ground. D'Quell Jackson already had a hold of Ben's leg so McGinest driving Ben into the ground was certainly not necessary. Most Browns fans cheered Ben's injury as Ben lay motionless on the ground. The first sign Ben would be okay (his thumbs up) most Browns fans made fun of him and some even seemed angry he was okay. Through all of that I don't know of a single Steeler fan who said McGinest is a dirty player or that play was even just a little bit of an unnecessary cheapshot. We excepted the hit was within the rulebook our owner agreed to and got over it. By your defintion of cheapshot McGinest in fact made a cheapshot on that play. I wish you were fair and would scold McGinest they same way you do every Steeler player for make a hit you deem a cheapshot. By your view on unnecessary hits you wrote about above the McGinest hit was a cheapshot.

If your view on unnecesarry hits being cheapshots is shared by the NFL players polled, then I guess McGinest would have recieved votes for his hit on Ben last year.

OK, I'm going to ask an obvious question because I'm a newbie here: Why on earth are there Hines Ward/Steelers fans on this board? I wouldn't dream of visiting a Steelers fan board. Ever. Why would I???

Most Steeler fans are very friendly and don't want to overrate the Steelers becuase we are being homers. Being a board member of another team is a great way to have football conversations with fans of opposing views, see the NFL from another perspective and most of all, talk some trash!

Most Steeler fans are very friendly and don't want to overrate the Steelers becuase we are being homers. Being a board member of another team is a great way to have football conversations with fans of opposing views, see the NFL from another perspective and most of all, talk some trash!

Fair enough. I guess it does make things more interesting around here.

Mcginnest schminnist.

Was Barfsinhisburger still holding onto the ball?

I don't take to cheapshots, and McGinnest was hardly

known as a dirty player.

Hines Wart and Troy Pollygoesboohoo are well known for dirty cheapshots.

A rep is cumulative, and one little desperate squeeler fan attempt at moral relativism doesn't fly.

I wouldn't have Hiney Wart on my team. But I'd like a high character player who played good, clean kick ass football

player with Hiney's skills.

Steeler fans are usually very boring, some come here for color and entertaining, some come here to smart off

only when they've won, and some come here to to read about fans who aren't just hopping on a bandwagon.

But I have never gone to a squeeler board. What sense would that make? Zilch.

Mcginnest schminnist.

Was Barfsinhisburger still holding onto the ball?

I don't take to cheapshots, and McGinnest was hardly

known as a dirty player.

Hines Wart and Troy Pollygoesboohoo are well known for dirty cheapshots.

A rep is cumulative, and one little desperate squeeler fan attempt at moral relativism doesn't fly.

I wouldn't have Hiney Wart on my team. But I'd like a high character player who played good, clean kick ass football

player with Hiney's skills.

Steeler fans are usually very boring, some come here for color and entertaining, some come here to smart off

only when they've won, and some come here to to read about fans who aren't just hopping on a bandwagon.

But I have never gone to a squeeler board. What sense would that make? Zilch.

Hines' hit on Rivers last year was 100% legal. Hines wasn't flagged or fined for the hit.

McGinest's hit on Ben last year was 100% legal. McGinest wasn't flagged or fined for his hit.

Steeler haters will try to say Hines' hit was dirty and Steeler fans will try to say McGinest's hit was dirty. Although, both were legal (Therefore CLEAN) hits at the time.

Now its one year later and both of those hit have been made illegal. Hines' hit under his rule and McGinest's hit under the Brady rule. Both hits are on the exact same boat. The only difference is you don't have Steeler fans crying about the McGinest hit the way Bengals/Browns fans whine hard about the Hines hit.

Reguardless of you perspective of the two players, under your perspective of a cheapshot both Hines and McGinest made cheapshots on those two plays. Under the league's perspective (as expressed through the rulebook) both hits were clean.

I go with the rulebook so I don't agree that both hits were dirty, but thats not the problem I have. My problem is you won't admitt both hits are on the same exact boat and you can't honestly agree that one is clean while another is dirty. You are attempting to do that which just shows the rediculous bias you have. Browns fans would be expected to have a bias for the Browns, but atleast try to make it look like you trying to be just a bit fair in this situation.

Oh, Come ON, man? Can't you stop bragging on your steelers on a BROWNS BOARD? Like maybe, grow up a little?

Even though you need to grow up a LOT?

If your Steelers were doing poorly (witness that there are no ratbird fans over here gloating), you wouldn't be

over here talking "smack".

Johnny come lately steeler fans, I don't mind, until they come here and try to play games.

meanwhile, I don't need to be trying to prove myself a man by agreeing with aggressive posters to prove

I am a man by running with the pack.

Most Browns fans don't. What IS childish, is coming over here, only because your team is doing well. If the steelers

hit the skids, you won't have the nads to show up here, you won't be talking smack over here then, huh?

Some of your players suck because they have a lack of character on the field, and off the field. You don't like it,

grow up and stop the freakin pouting.

I LOVE the BROWNS all the while they are STRUGGLING to get the right direction going. And when that DOES happen,

I promise I won't go to other teams' boards to show off, to prance around like a peacock that just mated for the first time,

or do the "oh, looka me, no hands and my team went to the playoffs !!!"

But just so you don't take this too seriously, "wittle farkingly nostones have likesies to take a hikesies?"

Ahhhhh.....to be a child again....and dream of a world the way I want it to be.....and talk like a baby and get away with it.....enjoy, puberty can't be too far ahead.

And the dish ran away with the spoon..........

Nevertheless, you didn't deny a word the guy said, i.e. give the Steelers a couple of losing seasons and you would be vapor.

I deny virtually "everything" he said because it's the suppositions of a dreamer! You too!

It amazes me how some of you automatically believe your dreams to be fact!

It amazes me how some of you convince yourself that because the Steeler have a huge following that they must all be bandwagon fans! You can't let yourself believe the "fact" that it's because the Steelers are one of the winningest, most respected, classiest, organization in all of sports.

It amazes me how some of you convince yourself that because the Steelers have won more than anybody else that they must be cheating! You simply can't grasp that they did what they did because they are a well run organization!

It amazes me how some of you convince yourself that when the Steelers go through a rebuilding period (in which they will squeak out a paltry 8 wins which would be a monumental achievement for your team) that we fans will all dry up and blow away! Yes, we will be less boisterous, just like you will be more boisterous when your day comes! Yes, we will talk about other things besides how great the Steelers are, we will say (like a true fan) "we know our team isn't great right now but we'll be fine". The difference between us saying that for a couple years and you saying that for a few decades is that we will have some basis to believe this. You, on the other hand, have nothing but failure to convince you that your day will come......I guess you are basing your belief on odds!

Actually, I think you are the one dreaming....of a conversation with yourself. I didn't say anything about any of the stuff you are talking about. All I said is that given a couple of losing seasons, We certainly would not be having a conversation with you as you would be gonzo.

And while perhaps much of what you say above may be perfectly correct, it had nothing to do with anything in the topic of conversation.

I mean, it doesn't even matter that we have had such a long time to suffer. The proof is in the pudding.

By your presence here on the Cleveland Browns board, you are demonstrating that in point of fact, it is the Cleveland Browns, and the Cleveland Browns fans that are of paramount importance to YOU. If that is not the case, here is what you do: take this link to a Pittsburgh Steeler discussion board, go there, discuss Steeler football there, with other Steeler fans, and never darken this door again. However, if you do show up here, it is pure and simple that WE, the Browns fans and the Browns, are the utmost important matters in your existance. Shall we say" Goodbye" forever?

http://taskfree.bigforumpro.com/pittsburgh-steelers-f5/

It amazes me how some of you convince yourself that because the Steeler have a huge following that they must all be bandwagon fans!

Not fair weather fans? I'm not even talking bandwagon fans elsewhere, let's look at the residents of Pissburgh.

Let's take some seasons for instance for an example.

Look how attendance drops off at home for the fair weather fans.

1969 - Pitt Stadium

wk1 Game attendance: 51,360 - (1-1)

wk3 Game attendance: 45,011 - (1-2)

wk6 Game attendance: 46,557 - (1-5)

wk7 Game attendance: 46,403 - (1-6)

wk9 Game attendance: 47,670 - (1-8)

wk12 Game attendance: 24,990 - (1-11)

wk13 Game attendance: 21,067 - (1-12)

Just in case, at the same time the Browns packed in 84,078 the same year against the Steelers. Not only that, week 13 was the last game EVER played at Pitt Stadium, lol.

wk2 Game attendance: 57,305 - (0-2)

wk5 Game attendance: 57,327 - (1-4)

wk6 Game attendance: 54,283 - (1-5)

wk7 Game attendance: 54,743 - (1-6)

wk8 Game attendance: 50,815 - (2-6)

wk9 Game attendance: 52,831 - (3-6) Still a chance

wk11 Game attendance: 49,724 - (4-7)

wk14 Game attendance: 45,042 - (5-9) No chance, fans quit, definition of fair weather

wk16 Game attendance: 47,150 - (6-10)

wk1 Game attendance: 56,813

wk5 Game attendance: 56,410 - (1-4)

wk7 Game attendance: 52,229 - (1-6)

wk8 Game attendance: 49,811 - (2-6) No chance, fans quit, definition of fair weather

wk11 Game attendance: 46,026 - (2-9)

wk13 Game attendance: 42,057 - (3-10)

wk16 Game attendance: 36,051 - (5-11)

Wow a half packed stadium after the fans know their is no chance for the playoffs, even after crushing the AFC Superbowl representatives, the Broncos, at home.

2003 - New Field, let's give this a try

wk1 Game attendance: 63,157 - (1-0)

wk4 Game attendance: 63,244 - (2-2)

wk5 Game attendance: 64,595 - (2-3)

wk8 Game attendance: 62,665 - (2-5)

wk10 Game attendance: 59,520 - (3-6)

wk13 Game attendance: 58,797 - (4-8)

wk14 Game attendance: 53,079 - (5-8)

wk16 Game attendance: 52,527 - (6-9)

And this a year after winning the AFC North in 2002?

Do you see a trend here?

Archived