THE BROWNS BOARD

Hines Ward NFL's Dirtiest Player- So say his peers

Brownshirt

Freak go look at the attendance for your losing seasons. I am not saying you haven't sold out. Please look at it.

p.s. me and my grampa could name players from that era.

i know what your saying Kosar... We cant help it that we sell out games and People Hate losing so much they stay home and its not like we have 40,000 most are there.(with the exception of Horrid weather). and thats what it is. Perhaps if we became accustom to losing on a somewhat regular basis. our Standards that we Hold the Steelers to would drop and you wouldn't see a s much a drop off. i Dont know , all i know IS The tickets ARE SOLD and have been for Decades. And They ain't Cheap if you wanna buy them.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i know what your saying Kosar... We cant help it that we sell out games and People Hate losing so much they stay home and its not like we have 40,000 most are there.(with the exception of Horrid weather). and thats what it is. Perhaps if we became accustom to losing on a somewhat regular basis. our Standards that we Hold the Steelers to would drop and you wouldn't see a s much a drop off. i Dont know , all i know IS The tickets ARE SOLD and have been for Decades. And They ain't Cheap if you wanna buy them.

It is called being spoiled, and being truly fairweather fans.

Just in case you want to know the different categories of fandom, here you are:

1.Die hard fans: Fans who support their team, their town, win or lose. Good weather or bad. And the fact of the matter is, the Browns have many, many of these. Obviously given what we have been through.

2. Fairweather fans. These are true fans of a team....as long as they are winning and things are going well. (Yes, the Indians had their fare share of these from 1995-2002, and this is what you are describing about certain Steeler fans)

3. FrontRunnersAssKissers. (FRAKs). These are people that glom on to a winning team because they are winning.

Many of your brethren "Steeler fans" are exactly this. Here are a couple of notable examples: 1. LeBron James...claims to be a Yankee fan and a Cowboy fan. Only a freeking FRAK could ever come up with this combination. Notice that those are the teams that were winning pretty big in the 90s when he was younger. (yes, I am fully capable of criticizing one of our own....my nephew was his classmate at St.V/St.M. ) 2. Ben Roethlisberger. Says he was a 49er fan. How does a kid from Findlay, Ohio, halfway between Detroit and Cleveland become a 49er fan? By being a FRAK) (and you know well that many of the FRAK Steeler fans probably jumped off the bandwagon this morning. A real fan of the variety of #1 above has no respect for FRAKs, even the ones that root for the same team as he.)

It is called being spoiled, and being truly fairweather fans.

Just in case you want to know the different categories of fandom, here you are:

1.Die hard fans: Fans who support their team, their town, win or lose. Good weather or bad. And the fact of the matter is, the Browns have many, many of these. Obviously given what we have been through.

2. Fairweather fans. These are true fans of a team....as long as they are winning and things are going well. (Yes, the Indians had their fare share of these from 1995-2002, and this is what you are describing about certain Steeler fans)

3. FrontRunnersAssKissers. (FRAKs). These are people that glom on to a winning team because they are winning.

Many of your brethren "Steeler fans" are exactly this. Here are a couple of notable examples: 1. LeBron James...claims to be a Yankee fan and a Cowboy fan. Only a freeking FRAK could ever come up with this combination. Notice that those are the teams that were winning pretty big in the 90s when he was younger. (yes, I am fully capable of criticizing one of our own....my nephew was his classmate at St.V/St.M. ) 2. Ben Roethlisberger. Says he was a 49er fan. How does a kid from Findlay, Ohio, halfway between Detroit and Cleveland become a 49er fan? By being a FRAK) (and you know well that many of the FRAK Steeler fans probably jumped off the bandwagon this morning. A real fan of the variety of #1 above has no respect for FRAKs, even the ones that root for the same team as he.)

You are right they exist. I would say maybe 25% of SteelerNation could fall in that category. I also tell you that considering the fact we have Millions of Fans , there is till a Nice Chuck of Die Hards. I also think that Diehards only make up about half of ANY Teams fan base. :wub: Including the Browns. I think that fandom is basically the same everywhere. I DO however salute the Die Hard portion of the Browns Fan Base. You guys are Loyal under the Magnification of a LONG Horrible Test of your dedication. Not kissing your tails , cuz a lot of you are whiny Dickweeds. lol...but Many Many of you are smart and down to earth and kool (unless Pushed to the Edge by Poor winner~itis ) So , sorry , I dont agree with that tactic. Oh well. Remember that MANY fans are like you say ... but Many others are Like you. Not so bad.

You are right they exist. I would say maybe 25% of SteelerNation could fall in that category. I also tell you that considering the fact we have Millions of Fans , there is till a Nice Chuck of Die Hards. I also think that Diehards only make up about half of ANY Teams fan base. :wub: Including the Browns. I think that fandom is basically the same everywhere. I DO however salute the Die Hard portion of the Browns Fan Base. You guys are Loyal under the Magnification of a LONG Horrible Test of your dedication. Not kissing your tails , cuz a lot of you are whiny Dickweeds. lol...but Many Many of you are smart and down to earth and kool (unless Pushed to the Edge by Poor winner~itis ) So , sorry , I dont agree with that tactic. Oh well. Remember that MANY fans are like you say ... but Many others are Like you. Not so bad.

Well, I believe The Browns Backers is still THE largest organized fan club of any team in America (and possibly beyond). The key word of course is organized. I don't by any means think the Browns have the largest following. Too many FRAKs on the Cowboy bandwagon I suspect. (I am not a member of any Browns Backer Club). If the Browns started winning big though, the din from their followers could be incredible. A lot of those "fairweather" fans would come out of hibernation. There are an awful lot of transplanted Northeast Ohioans all over the south and west. The FRAKs, however, can stay the frak home.

Well, I believe The Browns Backers is still THE largest organized fan club of any team in America (and possibly beyond). The key word of course is organized. I don't by any means think the Browns have the largest following. Too many FRAKs on the Cowboy bandwagon I suspect. (I am not a member of any Browns Backer Club). If the Browns started winning big though, the din from their followers could be incredible. A lot of those "fairweather" fans would come out of hibernation. There are an awful lot of transplanted Northeast Ohioans all over the south and west. The FRAKs, however, can stay the frak home.

DING DING DING ...You are Dead on !!! Pittsburgh and The Cowboys ... maybe NE ... and defiantly GB.... are Probably the Tops in Number of actively "Proclaiming fans" at the Moment. But the Potential of the Brown~wagon is scary too. Arm them and you could fight China. Pittsburgh is there now and the Cowboys win a Super Bowl (I guess they gotta actually Win a playoff game 1st lol) and it would blow up massively. The Browns Steelers Packers and Cowboys easily have the Most potential in good times. Maybe the Raiders would be in there as well.

Who the F**k said they were all the "Browns". Did I f**king say they were the Browns? No.

The logic of combining them is that they are all won by teams in NEOhio.

What is it about that you don't understand?

The important thing to New Yorkers about "New York Yankees" is the New York. New Yorkers wouldn't give a shit if "The Yankees" were the Baltimore Yankees.

the Important thing about "The Browns" is the "Cleveland" part of it. Not "the Browns" part of it.

As Seinfeld said, "all you are rooting for is the laundry" if all you care about is "the Browns".

St. Louis had a baseball team once called "The Browns". Do you love those "Browns". I think not.

It is the "Cleveland" part, be it Browns, Rams, Indians, Bulldogs, Pros that is important. Not the Laundry

Nice semantics game, you may never have said "the browns" but when you trot out all of the Browns championships against the numbers of others and throw out some BS statistic like 13 you're implying they are. Asshat.

Archived