THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini as Coach/GM

bonedawg

So a frightening thought just crossed my mind. Lerner said he wanted a "strong, credible leader" to oversee the football operations. He didnt say "at the GM position" Imagine this nightmare scenario, Lerner hires someone for a made up position like Senior Consultant of Football Operations and Mangini becomes defacto coach/GM. Being an insane control freak, I am sure Mangini would love this scenario to pan out. The Browns are a little schizophrenic right now, this could happen, hell, at this point I am not surprised by anything coming out of Berea.

So a frightening thought just crossed my mind. Lerner said he wanted a "strong, credible leader" to oversee the football operations. He didnt say "at the GM position" Imagine this nightmare scenario, Lerner hires someone for a made up position like Senior Consultant of Football Operations and Mangini becomes defacto coach/GM. Being an insane control freak, I am sure Mangini would love this scenario to pan out. The Browns are a little schizophrenic right now, this could happen, hell, at this point I am not surprised by anything coming out of Berea.

this is the scariest shit ever, but it will never happen. lerner may be a dumbass but he can't possibly be this thick... right?

I'm really starting to believe that EM is gunning for that Coach/GM combo. I know it's crazy, and I'll get flamed for saying it.. but EM seems kind of like Paul Brown in the fact that he wants total control of his team. He doesn't want players going over his head when they don't approve of something he is doing. That could be why Kokinis was canned. Players could have been complaining about EM's totalitarian rule (which I believe is best for the team right now), and maybe Lerner/ EM didn't want Kok to do anything about it. Now if only EM was an offensive wizard like PB was....

He already is the defacto GM, that's the problem! Kok didn't know/have anything to do with the Edwards trade until he saw it in the paper the following day! If the GM isn't making trades or evaluating players then WTF is he really doing? Nothing.

Eric Mangini HC/GM a la Shanahan, Ditka, etc. That's the biggest problem right now with this team.

He already is the defacto GM, that's the problem! Kok didn't know/have anything to do with the Edwards trade until he saw it in the paper the following day! If the GM isn't making trades or evaluating players then WTF is he really doing? Nothing.

Eric Mangini HC/GM a la Shanahan, Ditka, etc. That's the biggest problem right now with this team.

Um no a lack of talent is whats wrong with this team...and dont even bring up that he got rid of our talent because braylon and K2 arent exactly setting the world on fire with there new teams.....and with quinn not starting he's saving the team a lot of money. honestly would you pay 11million to an unknown product.

Don't worry. Lerner wouldn't be talking about finding that guy if he planned on just sticking with Mangini in that role.

I would say right now, the odds Mangini is even with the team next year are about 20%. Even with a strong 2nd half of the season...say win 3-4 games... it only increases to 50/50.

Archived