THE BROWNS BOARD

Interesting comment made by mangini

DawgTracker

Mangini was asked at his press conference (by Mary Kay) what he thought about Marty saying the browns were underachieving. Mangini said he had always liked marty and if he had suggestions to call him.

When asked about having someone added who would have authority over the roster mangini said he wanted to win. The more good people who were added to the organization to make that happen the better.

This certainly goes against the theory that he is an egomaniac who must make every decision.

Mangini was asked at his press conference (by Mary Kay) what he thought about Marty saying the browns were underachieving. Mangini said he had always liked marty and if he had suggestions to call him.

When asked about having someone added who would have authority over the roster mangini said he wanted to win. The more good people who were added to the organization to make that happen the better.

This certainly goes against the theory that he is an egomaniac who must make every decision.

Who would have the final say? That would be Mangini. He is an egomaniac, that much is certain.

You're supposing that.

If it's certain that he's an egomaniac then why don't you prove it. It must be eminently obvious based on facts.

Those facts are evident by his persistance to tear apart the browns no matter what, to play a QB that is one of the worst to ever be in the NFL, to trade away some of the better talent on the team for pennies on the dollar, to tear down team history, and to rip apart any team chemistry that you had already. He also had the final word instead of the GM. He was already known as an egomaniac before he took over the browns and it is obvious he is letting his ego get in the way now. Why don't you prove he is not an egomaniac? There sure is a hell of a lot more evidence that he is than evidence he is not. Either way it does not matter, he has made very very bad decisions and it should be him that was fired.

What's the evidence that Mangini is an egomaniac, exactly? I'm not saying it's not true; I just don't know why we should assume that he is. I don't think Crennel was, so it's not like every head coach is that way. I suspect that in New England there weren't so many big egos; just a lot of smart people who worked well together. I could be wrong, though. It's not like I followed the Patriots very closely.

EDIT: My post came before I saw the one just above, so I'm not responding to that.

Crennel had the final word over the GM instead of the other way around? Crennel made some bad decisions and even flipped a coin supposedly to make a decision. Mangini has shown that he is an egomaniac by the simple fact of week after week playing a QB that the rest of the league was laughing at. The fact that he has to have the final word over anyone hired also shows that he is letting his ego get in the way.

Those facts are evident by his persistance to tear apart the browns no matter what, to play a QB that is one of the worst to ever be in the NFL, to trade away some of the better talent on the team for pennies on the dollar, to tear down team history, and to rip apart any team chemistry that you had already. He also had the final word instead of the GM. He was already known as an egomaniac before he took over the browns and it is obvious he is letting his ego get in the way now. Why don't you prove he is not an egomaniac? There sure is a hell of a lot more evidence that he is than evidence he is not. Either way it does not matter, he has made very very bad decisions and it should be him that was fired.

Prove he's not an egomaniac? The burden here is to prove that he is. Switching QB's every week is something weak ass coaches do. Ripping apart chemistry? How exactly did he do that? That chemistry led to 4-12 last year. There are no leaders on this team. There weren't any worth a damn when he got here and there's hardly any now. The final word resting with Mangini may not have been by design. What if the GM was incompetent and Mangini HAD to have the final say? We don't know. You're buying what ESPN is selling and I am not. Having been in sports medicine before...I will tell you that what you guys are wasting your time on is bull. You'd be lucky if HALF the story is true.

What else is he going to say? He's not in a position to be demanding absolute authority. The 1-7 start stripped him of that privilege.

Mangini is an egomaniac thats about to get stripped of his power trip..but he still wants to stick around and make the fans miserable for a couple of years so he will tone it down and become ...eric manteami...;)

This guy could take us to the superbowl and i still wouldnt like him at this point...mangini and daboll will remain the weak point unless they grow some balls fast..theres sort of a fire under them both but its being pushed from the fans more than the owner but randy is next....its only just begun..the taking back of our stadium and our browns...

Crennel had the final word over the GM instead of the other way around? Crennel made some bad decisions and even flipped a coin supposedly to make a decision. Mangini has shown that he is an egomaniac by the simple fact of week after week playing a QB that the rest of the league was laughing at. The fact that he has to have the final word over anyone hired also shows that he is letting his ego get in the way.

Mangini isn't playing DA because he's an egomaniac. He's playing DA to save money. It's plainly apparent that they were trying to avoid the escalators on BQ's contract. And you know what, good for him. I agree with that 100%.

Mangini isn't playing DA because he's an egomaniac. He's playing DA to save money. It's plainly apparent that they were trying to avoid the escalators on BQ's contract. And you know what, good for him. I agree with that 100%.

I understand not playing BQ to save money. It is something that benefits the team in the long run. However, it is a doubled-edged sword. He is screwing Quinn. That does not send a good message to other players. Would you work for a boss knowing that he could prevent you from receiving you bonus? I have mixed feelings on this...catch 22.

Archived