THE BROWNS BOARD

Question About Kokinis Hiring From Ravens

Sony Reed

Can anyone answer this question, When Kokinis was hired from the Ravens I thought he could only come to the Browns if was given complete control of the 53 man roster and the draft along with final say in trades, with the title of GM which makes this a promotion from his duties with the Ravens, if thats the case how will the Browns get away without action from the NFL if proven as it seems that Kokinis actually had no power and that he was just given a title of GM to get him to leave the Ravens.

Might the NFL be looking at fining the Browns for doing something like this.

Seems all the power has been with Mangini and Kokinis was just a puppet for Mangini.

Can anyone answer this question, When Kokinis was hired from the Ravens I thought he could only come to the Browns if was given complete control of the 53 man roster and the draft along with final say in trades, with the title of GM which makes this a promotion from his duties with the Ravens, if thats the case how will the Browns get away without action from the NFL if proven as it seems that Kokinis actually had no power and that he was just given a title of GM to get him to leave the Ravens.

Seems all the power has been with Mangini and Kokinis was just a puppet for Mangini.

Good point. They were talking about this on the radio the other day. Mangini is the true GM. Which might be why our team sucks so bad. Dude needs to concentrate on the field and who is going to replace Daboll. I seriously want to punch Daboll in his face.

Taxi!

dabolljpg-02d49f47600ed68b_custom_120xauto.jpg

Good point. They were talking about this on the radio the other day. Mangini is the true GM. Which might be why our team sucks so bad. Dude needs to concentrate on the field and who is going to replace Daboll. I seriously want to punch Daboll in his face.

Taxi!

dabolljpg-02d49f47600ed68b_custom_120xauto.jpg

The only reason Daboll is the offensive coordinator is because

1. Mangini can tell him what to do, keep things conservative, The Jets offense was the same boring offense under Mangini, Mangini would like to win every game 13-10

2. No experience offensive coordinator will work for Mangini

Now you and I and all the fans can see that Daboll is terrible why can't Lerner and Mangini see this?

It's all in the contract.

The key is when you said "it seems". Point is we don't know.

As for the NFL...they aren't going to get involved. Kok might have a breech of contract suit if the browns don't want to pay him.....but then the Browns might have had good reason to fire him on some grounds non football related.

Kok says he didn't have control, the browns say he did....what is going to fry Kok is if the Browns have other things, and to use your term, it seems they do.

But again, as for the NFL, as long as we were paying the guy the prescribed amount with checks that didn't bounce, they aren't going to get involved.

Archived