THE BROWNS BOARD

Roller coaster

Solon16

Before we start talking playoffs after jags win....while impressive, to me this week is most important of the season to date! We don't win this week at home to Baltimore it completely over!

Even as much as I hate to admit it I think the Browns will be able to beat the Ravens this week in Cleveland and get to 4-4, but it will not be an easy win by any stretch. I am actually going to be rooting for the Browns to win because I dont want the Ravens to win and move to 5-3 and then force the Steelers to really win Monday night in Washington or be tied with the Ravens at 5-3 still owning the head to head tiebraker of course. The best case scenario for the Steelers would be for the Browns to win and move to 4-4 with the Ravens who would be 4-4, and for the Steelers to beat the Redskins on Monday night and move to 6-2 and keep that 2 1/2 game lead in the North. I think the Browns really need to win these next 2 home games against Baltimore and Denver and get to 5-4 before they can really start talking about seriously being in playoff contention.

agreed

It will all come down to how Derek Anderson can perform in these next 2 weeks. The guy is Mr. Inconsistency and has yet to put back to back solid performances together. If he can play like he did against the Giants or even yesterday against the Jags the Browns will have a great shot to win these next 2 games, if he plays like he did in Washington and like he did the first 3 games of the season the Browns have no chance to win these next 2 games.

Archived