THE BROWNS BOARD

Friday 11/6 Observations

The Gipper

Here are my rants for this weekend:

1. The "Bye" week had a whole different connotation for the likes of George Kokinis and Erin whatshername", didn't it?

2. I know I have engaged in this rant before, but here it is again: This sports year must be FRAK Paradise (FrontRunnerAssKisser) with the Yankees now having closed on the purchase their World Series win, with the Lakers winning, and the two Pittsburgh teams. (now is time for a prayer): Dear God, if it is your intent to have such a horrific year in sports in the future as you have allowed this past year, please, for the sake of humanity, go ahead and destroy the Earth on December 21, 2012 as has been predicted. Amen.

3. OK, this is High School football playoff time. And you know what? The problem in the pros has perhaps trickled down to some high school sports, as it is probable that the Fat Cats in H.S. sports will just get fatter. Though I have nothing against these schools, the likes of St. Ignatius, Cincinnatti Moeller, etc. etc., these big time parochial schools, can, like certain pro teams, just cherry pick talent and bring them in to play for them, while the local public schools have to live with the talents of the students that reside essentially within the bounds of their school district. The parochial schools have no such restraint.

4. I think I am catching the flu. I don't know if it is the Swine Flu. Some people I know would have you believe I am big enough of a swine as it is.

5. Another sign the world is going crazy. My niece lives and works at Ft. Hood, Texas where this crazy asshole killed all those people yesterday. Then today, the other lawyer in my office got a call from his daughter that another crazy asshole killed one and injured at least 6 others in the office building she works in Orlando. As far as I know, all our family members are OK, but, what is the chance of that BS happening?

6. OK, Hot Old Broad of the Week: Cindy Crawford, Supermodel. She was guest judge on Project Runway this week

The most interesting thing about these posts is you guys admitting you watch Project Runway. :)

Also, at 43, Cindy Crawford is not "old."

Old Broad,

Kathy

3. OK, this is High School football playoff time. And you know what? The problem in the pros has perhaps trickled down to some high school sports, as it is probable that the Fat Cats in H.S. sports will just get fatter. Though I have nothing against these schools, the likes of St. Ignatius, Cincinnatti Moeller, etc. etc., these big time parochial schools, can, like certain pro teams, just cherry pick talent and bring them in to play for them, while the local public schools have to live with the talents of the students that reside essentially within the bounds of their school district. The parochial schools have no such restraint.

If that were valid, who do you think should have been the champ? Who do you think should have been the champion based on where they live? Cleveland? Cincinatti? Mentor? Columbus? Toledo? Ada? Logan? Galion? Kettering? Defiance? Which school? Should we just let the Gipper announce the champ?

Go ahead. Perhaps you go to some games.

There are alot of boys across the state who would like to know who you'd pick and why they should have the trophy.

When you have the flu, like I do, you suddenly have time for Project Runway and discovering the Browns Board. :)

I happen to be a fan of both PR and the BB. Hope you're recovering.

The most interesting thing about these posts is you guys admitting you watch Project Runway. :)

Also, at 43, Cindy Crawford is not "old."

Old Broad,

Kathy

What? You think because we follow football we can't get in touch with our feminine sides? Besides, they do have Heidi on there, and some of the models they have can be pretty hot. And the fashions are just faaaabuuuloouuussssssss!!

And by "old" I mean "seasoned", i.e. they are not just the early 20 something you always see. I'm just trying to keep it real.

11/6 anyone else catch that Lebron put out a fuul page ad in NY paper...thanking the fans for a warm welcome, and that he will be building 6 basketball courts within the five bouroughs....hmmm will he stay or is he gone already?

See item #2 of the original thread. LeBron is just a frakking FRAK, like many of the young people today who were raised with little parental guidance, thus, little loyalty.

If that were valid, who do you think should have been the champ? Who do you think should have been the champion based on where they live? Cleveland? Cincinatti? Mentor? Columbus? Toledo? Ada? Logan? Galion? Kettering? Defiance? Which school? Should we just let the Gipper announce the champ?

Go ahead. Perhaps you go to some games.

There are alot of boys across the state who would like to know who you'd pick and why they should have the trophy.

I think allowing me to pronounce a champ would, indeed, be a great idea!!!

Given that is not likely, all I am saying is that it is a plain fact that not all schools compete on a level playing field.

Do you deny that this is a fact?

The same way that the likes of the Indians do not play on a level playing field with the likes of the Yankees.

What? You think because we follow football we can't get in touch with our feminine sides? Besides, they do have Heidi on there, and some of the models they have can be pretty hot. And the fashions are just faaaabuuuloouuussssssss!!

And by "old" I mean "seasoned", i.e. they are not just the early 20 something you always see. I'm just trying to keep it real.

Sorry, but "seasoned" doesn't sound any better to me.

Seasoned broad,

Kathy

Archived