THE BROWNS BOARD

WELCOME TO THE NEW FORMAT

admin

Avatar's will have to be stored somewhere else, we no longer permit users from uploading onto our data base. Most users use Photobucket to host their avatars. The Avatar will have to be entered as a URL (example: http://www....).

POST COUNT

We are in the process of updating your post count totals from the original forum, added to the post count totals from the forum we temporary moved into, added to the post count totals of this forum. Not a single post will go unaccounted for since your original registration as of Sept 11th, 2003. These are being entered in manually and will be completed within one week.

POST COUNT RANKINGS

We will once again bring back funny little rankings from; 'High School Player' to 'College All-American' to 'HOF'er', based on your post count. These items will also be available within one week.

SMILIES

We will be updating the smilies to mirror our original forum.

THE BROWNS TAVERN

The Browns Tavern Chat-Room is under construction and hopes to be available by Sunday and in time for Monday Nights Game and our New Tuesday Night Chat. Your registration here into this forum will transfer to the Tavern, there will be no need to have to register a second time.

SPECIAL REQUEST

We have noted the few request for other options to be available here and will be getting around to those items and weighing their feasibilities soon.

SAPPY CLOSING REMARKS

We would like to thank everyone for hanging with us through the construction and back-to-back moves, for learning the new formats, and for creating such very little maintenance on our Admin team. This was our first real upgrade to a new platform since 2003, and we hope we have another great 5yr run as well. If members could help other members with this Avatar issue or any other functionality of this new forum it would be appreciated, as our Admin team continues to build around the infrastructure we now have in place. This platform has a huge ceiling to it and we plan to reside here for a very long time; so settle in, make yourself at home, take a few minutes to set up your avatars, and become familiar with your personal control panel and settings allotted you.

Thanks again,

The Admin Team

POST COUNT RANKINGS

We will once again bring back funny little rankings from; 'High School Player' to 'College All-American' to 'HOF'er', based on your post count. These items will also be available within one week.

I am formerly DesertDawg if you want to bring my posts over from that previous board. I think I registered 6/2006

I am formerly DesertDawg if you want to bring my posts over from that previous board. I think I registered 6/2006

Ahhhh... two gg's in 'dog' ... I attempted to do yours by taking a stab at your new screen name when I came accross DesertDawg, but after a couple of attempts I figured I'd wait until you screamed. lol ... thanks, will update soon.

-----------------------------------------------

NOTE:

If you had over 300 post's in the original forum, you're safe ... under 300 may require a $5-spot being slipped into my pocket at a coming tailgate party in order to get yours updated.

Also, if you had changes to your name over the past five years, had been banned, exiled, thrown from the forum data base never to be reinstated ever again, or all of those above, and think you might have more posts under old accounts that were tar-n-feathered, beaten in public, and burned at the stake, it will cost you the $5-spot + a bottle of whisky at a coming tailgate party.

- management

My avatar is hosted at photbucket. I've tried it any way I can think of and still no show. grrrrr.. :angry:

By the way, I was Rik on the old board I went with the current moniker at the switch. You could delete the old one I suppose if it's in the way.

My avatar is hosted at photbucket. I've tried it any way I can think of and still no show. grrrrr.. :unsure:

By the way, I was Rik on the old board I went with the current moniker at the switch. You could delete the old one I suppose if it's in the way.

If you right click on your current avatar pic, it looks like you uploaded it to the board, you need to supply the link in the avatar field for it to show up properly.

I hope I am making sense, just right click on my avatar, click properties, and you will actually see the link to photobucket where my avatar is stored. When you right click on your avatar and look at the properties of your avatar it show a BrownsBoard upload link.

My avatar is hosted at photbucket. I've tried it any way I can think of and still no show. grrrrr.. <_<

When you look at your avatar pic in photobucket there is a box with a direct link. Copy the address of that direct link and paste it in the appropriate spot on the page where you set up your avatar.

Can I get my post count to reflect my #'s from the previous board? Also can I be referred to as the Grand Poobah of Emminent Musical Diversity? Or Doogenheimer McCoopmeister.

Go Browns bEE--aTCHEES!

DWJ

I've tried that at least 20 times along with every trick I know from other boards. I'm not a computer engineer but I'm usually savy enough to use a freaking avatar. Oh well. :unsure:

I had problems as well. Even when I sized them down to 90x90. I actually replaced the "red x" with one of thiers, and then I brought in one of mine. For some reason the "red x" needed to be replaced with a system avatar. Not sure if this works for you, but it did for me.

Guest ATENEARS
Techno Whiz Kathy set me up. Looks like Clay will have to stay! That 's not a bad thing.

Not to overload KSHutchins with a bunch of your requests, but she should be pointed out as a major player in figuring out the controls of these new forums. She has been a big help behind the scenes.

Sorry, but I have a new Win Vista pc here, with a new 22" flat screen, and a hi tech graphics card I put in.

The lavender is right out of easter egg colors.

No big deal. I see color about perfectly - even took the scientific color test for work years ago.

but, then again, I'm older now. "sniff"

Which could explain why both my ff teams royally lose this year.

Stupid lavender. I think I'll have to look into this...

Not to overload KSHutchins with a bunch of your requests, but she should be pointed out as a major player in figuring out the controls of these new forums. She has been a big help behind the scenes.

Thanks Kathy :)

Yes, same here.. but I know it'll be fixed if I clear my cookies... but i dont want to

Don't blow your cookies ... It's us that are holding up the post count updates. The task has just not been among our highest Priorities. We will get to it soon.

Archived