THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns should get Holmgren!!

JRex223

Look, we obviously need a new coach. Cleveland fans are not going to put up with this and at this point I think Randy Lerner knows that. Hes got to cover his own ass too. Were worse than 99', how does that happen?... I realize its a building process, but I dont think Mangini could build a log cabin right now. He runs the team like it was in the 90's again. Talent is neccessary these days, and he trades it away, what a draft huh?... Alex mack and a handful of jets( I wonder what Kokinis thought of the draft?)... Why not draft a skills position player at WR, RB, LB, CB, even QB. We were number 5!!! even after we traded back we still could of did that. Clay mathews jr? Rey?... okay, Im just rambling now

I just think Holmgren would be a great fit. He hired mangini because he wanted some one with experience and knowledge. Mangini's a phony. Hes a know-it-all, but doesnt know jack. Holmgren on the other hand...

Coached both Green bay and Seattle. both went to the Superbol and Greenbay won one.

Hes just better, wanted to hear what you guys think?.....

Slo learner better catch on fast...browns fans are already fed up with mangini and his worthless weasel philosophies on running a team that he himself doesnt even live up to...mangini wont last with 75% or more of the fanbase at minimal disliking him..he is a bad coach who wont even dump a bad OC...but he would can ryan if he got the chance because he is a threat..the players dont like the offensive scheme and dont buy into it anymore...mangini poisoned the koolaid with indecision and bad decisions along with playing mr smartass with some players contracts and pissing the agents off...constant nfl investigations into mangini ought to be enough for randy learnless but i guess he is a total Retard thats let mangenius cleverly and potentially wreck the browns organizations reputation for years to come..

Holmgren would be far superior to mangini in every phase of football and as a human being..but i think because he is a genuine type guy he is way to smart to even consider working for this club with its current owners lack of philosophy and steadfastness while often showing the ability to quickly blame and fire the wrong people...lerner is a fruitcake that wants everyone to run his team for him like they own it instead of working for him..

I find it interesting that...

You slam Lerner for listening to everyone who has his ear, thus making "so-called" dubious decisions...

... and you slam Lerner for not listening to you or the fan base that disagrees with his decisions.

Which is it? Can't have it both ways.

Yeah, I thought that might be the most realistic possibility...turns out it just may be according to that tweet... We should go for it. Holmgren and draft a top rated QB...ooh wee!... Thayt'd be cool if we did it right this time. Hed be the best coach we ever had(since expansion i mean). Just think about it.

btw....Randy Lerner is a dubious idiot. What are you going to own a football team for if your not even willing to talk to the fans, or even willing to have any authority what so ever?

btw....Randy Lerner is a dubious idiot. What are you going to own a football team for if your not even willing to talk to the fans, or even willing to have any authority what so ever?

Didn't he just sit down with Mike Randall and talk to him for two hours? I mean, it's a start.

Do you think Mike Holmgren would want to come to Cleveland, though? That's the bigger question.

He said he wants to coach a team east... Redskins are out because of how they treeted Zorn. We have die hard fans who appreciate football, plenty o' draft picks too.

Manginis out regardless. No Gm is going to want to work with mangini, period... hes that big of a douche.

He said he wants to coach a team east... Redskins are out because of how they treeted Zorn. We have die hard fans who appreciate football, plenty o' draft picks too.

Manginis out regardless. No Gm is going to want to work with mangini, period... hes that big of a douche.

I don't think Mangini should be canned. Don't you think that it's about time we kept a coach and actually tried his system? As for Holmgren, I don't know. It would be cool to have a functioning GM, but we'd have to throw a lot of money at him to sway him.

I don't think Mangini should be canned. Don't you think that it's about time we kept a coach and actually tried his system? As for Holmgren, I don't know. It would be cool to have a functioning GM, but we'd have to throw a lot of money at him to sway him.

Yeah I do..but not this coach. I cant see how you can try and defend this man...I know it sounds like just another browns fan over reaction, but its not. I have no faith in him what so ever. Every time i see him its like hes about to cry. Hes as articulate as an old man with dimensia. Pick a qb already and stick with him. They should have traded one right away while their stock was still high. The guys we keep, find out if hes the guy...if not draft one next year... I swear sometimes i think i could run this program better

Jamal Lewis said last week, "what is it that were actually trying to do?, where are we going"

Full steam to the end of the cliff with this guy...

Yeah I do..but not this coach. I cant see how you can try and defend this man...I know it sounds like just another browns fan over reaction, but its not. I have no faith in him what so ever. Every time i see him its like hes about to cry. Hes as articulate as an old man with dimensia. Pick a qb already and stick with him. They should have traded one right away while their stock was still high. The guys we keep, find out if hes the guy...if not draft one next year... I swear sometimes i think i could run this program better

Jamal Lewis said last week, "what is it that were actually trying to do?, where are we going"

Full steam to the end of the cliff with this guy...

Truth be told, I'd cry if I were in his situation. Look, we knew we were going to face a rough season. I like the fact he traded K2 and Braylon, it shows he's not tolerating anything from anybody, and we need discipline badly. As far as the QB situation, I still believe it's about the escalators on BQ's contract, and if so, then I believe Mangini is doing the right thing by benching him. That's $11 million we can spend on a FA. I like that he brought in guys from the Jets' to preach his system. The guys he brought in are terrible, sure, but they are an improvement over what we formerly had. Once we get a GM who can deal with the media side of things, I think it will take a lot of pressure off of Mangini as well. All in all, I think he should stay.

I knew some one was gonna say that...lol, I would be too.

the rest is BS... Mangini is an idiot...you realize we are the laughing stock of the league? what type of player would want to come to cleveland because of Mangini? Tell me one GM that would work with the guy?... who in the league has his back? You cant just hire a gm and tell him he has to keep Mangini...it doesnt work like that.

GM > Head coach.

Theres the beef... cut it how you want it

....Manginis so strict he doesnt tolerate winning... ha ha ha... It doesnt matter how strict you are if you aren't respected

Look, we knew we were going to face a rough season.

Difference between a rough season and an underachieving season. I'm not saying we were bound for the playoffs, because we weren't, but I expected us to be competitive and not 1 - 7 right now.

This team is bad, but not as bad as they are playing right now.

I did not expect us to compete in the least. I was actually primed for a 1-15 season, which we have an legitimate shot of achieving. I knew from the moment we traded our #5 away that this year was going to be hell. And I like it, it's the right way to finally go about things.

Holmgren isn't so bad but you have to look at the big picture. He would only go to Seattle on one condition: if he got to be gm as well. If he goes somewhere else you can bet that he will want complete control over all the player moves. Aren't we trying to get away from this?

Holmgren reportedly top choice as Browns football czar

Posted by Josh Alper on November 8, 2009 11:32 AM ET

Mike Holmgren's name has surfaced on the top of Browns owner Randy Lerner's list as he searches for a new football czar, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

On Sunday NFL Countdown, Schefter reported that the job is Holmgren's if he wants it and, should he accept it, he'd play a role similar to the one Bill Parcells plays with the Miami Dolphins. Holmgren would then hire a general manager who would join him in determining Eric Mangini's future as head coach.

There's a lot of balls in the air, but it doesn't look good for Mangini under this scenario. Holmgren has no ties to the current coach, so unless the new G.M. is a Mangini fan it isn't hard to see him getting the axe shortly after Holmgren steps off his motorcycle and assumes the reins of the Cleveland organization.

Schefter reports that Lerner is also likely to speak to Ernie Accorsi, Rich McKay and Ron Wolf, if he hasn't spoken to them already, about the top job with the Browns. None of those guys have any ties to Mangini, either, so the coach's stay in Cleveland looks to be a brief one no matter who gets tabbed with fixing things in Lerner's house.

Damn im good...look at the post date fellas!

I love all the fans trying to pick apart holmgren now.... you guys are ridiculous sometimes. Alendor has it right... "HES AN UPGRADE"

Who have we've ever had in here with more experience and success?.... Ill wait..

The important thing is that the new person in charge of football operations would bring in his GM and they would evaluate Mangini and his "PROCESS" at the end of the season and go from there. There would be an organization of knowledgable football personnel and not a coach doing as his feels and being the talking head.

It would also allow Randy to be the absentee owner that he wants to be.

My son has just started working for an on line pro football publication and has talked to a couple of his contacts left from when he did an internship with the Browns.

They would not confirm the names but noted that is the process that Lerner wants to develop. A VP of football operations simular to Parcel and have him be the mouth piece, make the decisions and run the show. I would think most of the above mentioned people would have to think very hard about keeping Mangini at the end of the season.

Archived