THE BROWNS BOARD

tweet from SI's King

DestinFunk

Former GM Ron Wolf. Used to work with Green Bay Packers and was notorious for their rise to fame starting with the trade for Brett Favre.

Hasn't he been retired for awhile tho? Ron Wolf sounds good on paper, but I worry Lerner will fall in love with a guy for what he has done in the past, only to have the game be so different now and passed him up.

Hasn't he been retired for awhile tho? Ron Wolf sounds good on paper, but I worry Lerner will fall in love with a guy for what he has done in the past, only to have the game be so different now and passed him up.

wasn't Wolf with us for a nano-second as a consultant before Butch blew him up?

Wolf has been out of football since 2001 and is over 70 years old. If the team is looking for an old guy to do the Parcells thing and oversee both coach and GM--and that would be a good idea--why not Marty? Sure, he would probably bring in his kid to coach, but he can't do worse than Mangini is at the moment.

Dennis

Holmgren sucked as GM in Seattle.

Maybe he was overworked. Or maybe he just isn't a good GM.

Actually, there was a great article I read from I think PFT that talked about this.

Holmgren was a great offensive GM, building up a great offensive line, traded for Hasselbeck, and drafted Alexander. But the Defense was terrible. The year Holmgren was no longer GM, they went to the superbowl.

So who knows.

I think Czar is a terrible term.. Too many negative connotations.. also I think they got slaughtered in the revolution and the bodies still have yet to be found.. I keep hearing Matt Millans name.. and you guys thought it could not get any worse..

Just because Holmgren WANTS to be a GM..does not make him one.. He was horrible when he tried the coach/GM thing in Seattle. The other guys have been out of touch with the nfl for a decade++... I will believe all this talk about a credible GM when I see it.. right now it's just another layer of BS. Show me don't tell me

Archived