THE BROWNS BOARD

Bud Shaw Comments

kshutchins

The Vancouver Olympic Organizing Committee is rejecting mug shots from media and officials applying for credentials to the 2010 Winter Games. The message: no smiling, please.

Showing teeth apparently causes a problem with the committee's Facial Recognition Software. So people are being told to get their pictures re-shot.

A relaxed, unsmiling face is preferred.

Since that's open to interpretation, photographers taking the mug shots are said to be trying to clear up the confusion by saying "Give me your best Belichick."

YOU SAID IT

(The Expanded Bye Week Edition)

"Bud:

"True or false: a monkey throwing darts at pictures of front office and coaching candidates could stumble into a better solution to rebuild the Browns..." -- Adam

First of all, I think you're too harsh. Secondly, call me a stat geek, but I'd have to know his completion percentage and passer rating.

"Bud:

"Eric Mangini keeps referring to "going through the process." Can you explain what the process is?" -- Jeff

It's like cooking a meal. We're up to the line in the cooking process that says, "Slather with vanilla and half-bake for 16 weeks."

"Bud:

"New Mexico women's soccer player Elizabeth Lambert was suspended for repeated physical play vs. BYU. Is she eligible for the NFL draft in April?" -- T-Fed.

Lambert did seem to be putting on a show for NFL GMs, but later found out it was only Kokinis in the stands.

"Bud:

"What do the Baltimore Ravens wear for 'throwback uniform' Sunday?" -- Tom H.

Whatever the fashion of the day was for highway robbers in 1995.

"Bud:

"Do you think the Browns will still be able to finish last in rushing if Jamal Lewis retires next year?" -- Jim

It will be difficult but the signing of aging street free agent Ben Gay should do wonders.

"Bud:

"Do you think the Browns will hold off the naming of a new GM in order to make the Ravens game planning more difficult?" -- Jim

For you Yankee haters, the rest of the article is good too.

http://www.cleveland.com/budshaw/index.ssf..._tag_on_ya.html

I do agree with mangini that it is a process. You start with good people Then you instill the beliefs you need in your players, then you upgrade your talent every year. The key thing is to have patience as you make improvement each season.

I agree. Bud Shaw recycles the same angst and pithy humor.

I do agree with mangini that it is a process. You start with good people Then you instill the beliefs you need in your players, then you upgrade your talent every year. The key thing is to have patience as you make improvement each season.

You mean like Santonio Holmes and Big Ben. How bout Edgerrin James........maybe Plaxico Burress..............sorry poor argument.

All have a ring.

I also agree that it is a process. My problem with this season is that it has been extremely difficult to find improvement ANYWHERE. This QB nonsense hasn't helped.

Archived