THE BROWNS BOARD

Bucs fan who feels for Browns Fans

BucsPirate

As a fan of the NFL I have definitely seen how tough it has been for Browns fans in general, but especially this year. I couldn't imagine watching K2 and Edwards having the success they are elsewhere, and thinking that should have easily been Sanchez or Freeman throwing to K2 and Edwards on my team. With your offensive line (I'm still mad you won that coin toss) you would have had one of the most promising young offenses in the league. Mangini blew that for you, so it's not worth dwelling on. The good news is that you do have a chance to get a lot better in the next offseason if your ownership will start making the right choices now. Firing the GM was a good first step, but Lerner needs to get an independent contractor like a Tony Dungy or a Dan Reeves (who Houston used a few years ago) to really help you evaluate the options and be a good judge of character. The next thing you guys need is Ndamukong Suh or Eric Berry, especially Suh would transform your team very quickly. I really wanted that guy for the Bucs, but I don't think we can be bad enough and if another team is going to get him I want it to be you guys. The good news is as long as you don't fire Mangini before the end of the year you will be probably be bad enough to get him.

If you are able to finally get a good front office and coach in there and get a star like Suh or Berry to go with some of your good offensive lineman you guys will finally be on the right track. Good luck.

The bucs will recover but with lerner at the helm the browns are lost at sea..as he would rather stay in the captains quarters with a blind eye and bottle of rum while letting his sea dawgs run the ship into a reef...but its just as well for this captain nor his sea dawgs have any navigation skills and anything short of a complete mutany wont turn her around and sail her into safer waters...;)

As a fan of the NFL I have definitely seen how tough it has been for Browns fans in general, but especially this year. I couldn't imagine watching K2 and Edwards having the success they are elsewhere, and thinking that should have easily been Sanchez or Freeman throwing to K2 and Edwards on my team. With your offensive line (I'm still mad you won that coin toss) you would have had one of the most promising young offenses in the league. Mangini blew that for you, so it's not worth dwelling on. The good news is that you do have a chance to get a lot better in the next offseason if your ownership will start making the right choices now. Firing the GM was a good first step, but Lerner needs to get an independent contractor like a Tony Dungy or a Dan Reeves (who Houston used a few years ago) to really help you evaluate the options and be a good judge of character. The next thing you guys need is Ndamukong Suh or Eric Berry, especially Suh would transform your team very quickly. I really wanted that guy for the Bucs, but I don't think we can be bad enough and if another team is going to get him I want it to be you guys. The good news is as long as you don't fire Mangini before the end of the year you will be probably be bad enough to get him.

If you are able to finally get a good front office and coach in there and get a star like Suh or Berry to go with some of your good offensive lineman you guys will finally be on the right track. Good luck.

Thanks ButtPirate, but I wouldn't want KW2 or Edwards back and Josh Freeman made some plays when there was no film on him, but still completed less than 50%, so I wouldn't get too excited about him yet.

I really don't think you know what you are talking about, you were just feeling giddy about finally winning a game so you went looking for a fellow miserable team's board to post on. Piss off.

Zombo

The bucs will recover but with lerner at the helm the browns are lost at sea..as he would rather stay in the captains quarters with a blind eye and bottle of rum while letting his sea dawgs run the ship into a reef...but its just as well for this captain nor his sea dawgs have any navigation skills and anything short of a complete mutany wont turn her around and sail her into safer waters...;)

I enjoyed that thoroughly.

Why would we want Sanchez, Edwards, or K2? I'd much rather have the draft pics, thanks.

And congrats on that win, finally!

Massoquoi sounds like he is having a pretty good rookie year, but Winslow is our leading receiver and has 5 TD's including some pretty impressive catches. I understand both Winslow and Braylon had some bad history there, but if you guys would have changed to anybody but Mangini they may have gotten more of a clean slate. You honestly don't think you guys would have been better with Winslow, Braylon, Sanchez, and then add McCoy in the second instead of Veikune? Sounds like a pretty good offense to me, especially with the left side of your offensive line. You'd still have issues on defense, but the 2010 draft is loaded there.

Gruden is a damn good coach, but drafting has been shaky here under he and Allen and the Bucs ran low on talent. Use of the picks this year (including the Winslow trade) looks a lot more promising. I don't know if you guys are going to want to spend what he will cost, and my bet is he ends up in Dallas. To me what you guys need most is a good personnel guy who can draft well, especially on defense. I don't think Gruden, Shannahan, or Holmgren are the answer for you guys, as none of them have shown an eye for talent on defense. You guys really need a team of good people, that's why I recommend you hire consultants so you can find some talented relative unknowns. I'm just a ButtPirate though, what do I know? (this from fans of a team who plays in poop colored uniforms).

The best thing the Bucs have going for them with the acqusition of Winslow is that you don't play any cold weather games this season (perhaps @ Seattle on Dec 20th). He sucks in the cold weather and if he scores from here on out they will be the first scores late in the season of his career.

Enjoy him, he may have another season or two left on those knees ... and hope he don't catch staph from anymore piercings on his nut sack.

Good riddance to that kook.

Yeah, you teams that picked up Edwards and Winslow are just blowing right by us ... up to a combined record of 2-10 now since their acquisitions? (hold on, I have to call my Mom, this news is worth it)

I can't stand when people come on here and act like Sanchez was a no-brainer pick ... hell, even right now he isn't a no-brainer pick in hindsight.

I agree with Zippy, what we have here is a giddy Tampa fan who got some win muscles this weekend and toured the other 1-win team sites spreading rainbows.

Take a hike Sanchez fag.

The best thing the Bucs have going for them with the acqusition of Winslow is that you don't play any cold weather games this season (perhaps @ Seattle on Dec 20th). He sucks in the cold weather and if he scores from here on out they will be the first scores late in the season of his career.

Enjoy him, he may have another season or two left on those knees ... and hope he don't catch staph from anymore piercings on his nut sack.

Good riddance to that kook.

Yeah, you teams that picked up Edwards and Winslow are just blowing right by us ... up to a combined record of 2-10 now since their acquisitions? (hold on, I have to call my Mom, this news is worth it)

I can't stand when people come on here and act like Sanchez was a no-brainer pick ... hell, even right now he isn't a no-brainer pick in hindsight.

I agree with Zippy, what we have here is a giddy Tampa fan who got some win muscles this weekend and toured the other 1-win team sites spreading rainbows.

Take a hike Sanchez fag.

Relax man. I know the Bucs aren't going anywhere this year, and the Browns wouldn't be either even with Winslow, Edwards, and Sanchez or Freeman. As a Bucs fan, I feel good about the future of my offense, but I know defense is the key to us being successful.

As a fan who is interested in front office moves, personnel, and drafting, I am interested to see what you guys will do there, and I am critical of what you guys have done this year and in the recent past. I didn't come to troll or to spread rainbows. What is it with you guys and the homo name calling?

What is it with you guys and the homo name calling?

You named yourself "BucsPirate" and you wonder where the homo references come from?

Maybe if we check the ButtsBucs Board we would find you posting under your other aliases:

Richard Gobbler

Dixon Cox

Harry Whacker

Hugh G. Rection

Phil McCracken

Haywood Jablowme

Dick Craven

Mike Fitzerald

Gerald Fitzmike

Zombo

You named yourself "BucsPirate" and you wonder where the homo references come from?

Maybe if we check the ButtsBucs Board we would find you posting under your other aliases:

Richard Gobbler

Dixon Cox

Harry Whacker

Hugh G. Rection

Phil McCracken

Haywood Jablowme

Dick Craven

Mike Fitzerald

Gerald Fitzmike

Zombo

You guy's really do have a lot of time on your hands with the wheather there and a football team that hasn't been worth talking about for so long. Like I said didn't come to troll, and I am sure there are some Browns fans that aren't complete jackasses. So good luck on rebuilding your front office.

You guy's really do have a lot of time on your hands with the wheather there and a football team that hasn't been worth talking about for so long. Like I said didn't come to troll, and I am sure there are some Browns fans that aren't complete jackasses. So good luck on rebuilding your front office.

The "wheather" here is fine, Jackass, I live in Florida ... South of Tampa.

Zombo

--So I know all Bucs fans are obnoxious rednecks.

Archived