THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini To Annouce Starter on Wednesday

rwshields

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...mangini_19.html

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini said today that he'll wait until Wednesday to announce his decision on a starting quarterback for the Ravens game next Monday night.

"I know where I'm headed, but we'll talk about that on Wednesday,'' he said. "I haven't talked to the quarterbacks about it yet, so that's part of it.'

Derek Anderson is last in the NFL with a 36.2 rating and has thrown only two touchdown passes against nine interceptions and could be replaced by Brady Quinn.

Quinn was pulled at halftime of the Ravens game in Week 3. In 2 1/2 games, he had thrown one TD pass and three interceptions for a 62.1 rating. One of the things that got him benched in the first place was converting only 6-of-30 third down attempts. But third down has been just as ineffective in his absence.

Mangini said the emphasis will be on protecting the football. The Browns are minus-11 in turnover differential.

Personally though, I have to ask myself something: Without a GM to stop him - could Mangini make himself our starting QB?!!?!??!?!??!

Trap game :lol:

Our last opponet just came off of a Bengals beat down and redeemed themselves against us in a scrimmage. I see more of the same, the Ravens will be able to lick their wounds while they retool and work on their game play for the rest of the season.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...mangini_19.html

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini said today that he'll wait until Wednesday to announce his decision on a starting quarterback for the Ravens game next Monday night.

"I know where I'm headed, but we'll talk about that on Wednesday,'' he said. "I haven't talked to the quarterbacks about it yet, so that's part of it.'

Derek Anderson is last in the NFL with a 36.2 rating and has thrown only two touchdown passes against nine interceptions and could be replaced by Brady Quinn.

Quinn was pulled at halftime of the Ravens game in Week 3. In 2 1/2 games, he had thrown one TD pass and three interceptions for a 62.1 rating. One of the things that got him benched in the first place was converting only 6-of-30 third down attempts. But third down has been just as ineffective in his absence.

Mangini said the emphasis will be on protecting the football.
The Browns are minus-11 in turnover differential.

Personally though, I have to ask myself something: Without a GM to stop him - could Mangini make himself our starting QB?!!?!??!?!??!

It's Quinn.

Anderson hasn't been protecting the football.

And it was Anderson, he would simply say "Anderson is still my QB."

It's Quinn.

Zombo

--Either way, Ravens are quaking in their boots.

C'mon people, this is the same team DA threw 3 INT's in a half and the offense moved so well (chasing after the Ratbirds DB's after every pick) that he was named starter for how many games now?

Just think how our offense would move with DA at the helm for a whole game!

Our offense would get a lot of work next Monday chasing after Ed Reed and Ray "the hit man" Lewis after a few fumbles/int's!

Well then, obviously it's Quinn. Every other time when he was asked this question he said right away that he was sticking with DA, no questions. My question is, why does he keep reverting back to this little Retarded game of secrecy? Seriously, this guy's gotta go this is beyond gay.

I cant take this jerks little boy games anymore..he has to go!

Will it be DA for the lose..or BQ the 3 yr benchrotted rookie for the regimes whipping boy...either way in manbolls mind everyone but mangini and daboll are the problem..afterall this team is a remarkable likeness to the patriots.../gag

Im really hoping for mangini to make the wrong call at qb (DA) and a blackout to ensue ,a highly successful brownout for the kickoff and a completely humiliating event for mr wannabe invisible and still own an nfl team randy lerner on national tv

Mangini keeping identity of quarterback secret, again

Posted by Mike Florio on November 10, 2009 8:30 AM ET

On several occasions this season, Browns coach Eric Mangini has been coy regarding whether his team's starting quarterback will be Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn.

Mangini is doing it again.

And the suspense is killing us.

"I know where I'm headed, but we'll talk about that on Wednesday," Mangini said Monday. "I haven't talked to the quarterbacks about it yet, so that's part of it."

The fact that Mangini is even playing this game is the best evidence of his delusion (but for, you know, his suggestion that there are "remarkable similarities" between the Browns and the Patriots). Both of his primary candidates for the job stink. Derek Anderson's passer rating of 36.2 is lower than what it would be if every pass he threw simply struck the ground. Brady Quinn played just well enough to be benched after fewer than three games.

Now that Quinn has no chance of meeting the 70-percent play-time trigger necessary to drive up the salaries in the final two years of his deal by $10.9 million, Mangini might be ready to give the 2007 first-rounder another shot.

Regardless, the constant uncertainty can't be helping either guy feel comfortable when he's under center. And that's why the new regime (or what's left of it) should have picked Anderson or Quinn early in the offseason -- and gotten rid of the guy they didn't want to keep.

And it's also why the old regime should have had the courage to trade Anderson after the 2007 season, and to entrust the job to Quinn.

The starting quarterback, whoever it is, will have a national audience on Monday night, as the 1-7 Browns face the 4-4 Ravens in a game that ESPN surely wishes it hadn't drawn.

So follow the money.

What is there to win or lose?

No trade value for either guy.

Past the point of needing to pay BQ starter money.

If Quinn starts and wins 2 or 3 games, no matter how ugly, is Mangini discredited?

How about BQ loses 7 more? Mangini get a pass?

Do the fans STFU about it?

There HAS to be a reason that no staff of the Browns was able to draw a clear line between Quinn and DA.

WSS

Well, we've already tried the "coin flip", I say we try something new ... Let our opponent choose.

Yep, Mangini should call up Harbaugh and say "pick your poison":

We can start Quinn and throw underneath the coverage all day and hand you a couple "Garo's" and try and score a couple field goals.

Or we can start Anderson and throw into coverage all day, and give your DBs plenty of shots for pick-sixes ... but there is the danger we will have one good drive and Horseballs will chug it from the one and we'll score 7 instead of six.

Tell us who you want, Baltimore. And we will deliver.

Zombo

Archived