THE BROWNS BOARD

new nfl mock draft site

franchisedotcom

http://www.wytaip.com

has the browns taking ndamokung suh and jahvid best in the first two rounds...

thoughts?

lol. If I didn't know better, it would look like you had your fingers on the wrong keys. Alphabet soup.

I'm not really a draftnik because I don't see enough college ball to have an opinion. I have heard a lot of positive buzz about Suh.

It's too early for the draft, but if we use Suh as a DT, fine (Eric Berry would be fine too), although I would prefer Fresno State's Matthews over Best at RB (IF he's there in round 2). We need a bruiser in this offense who can go tackle to tackle, not an undersized back, no matter what his stats in college.

Mike

Suh can play dt in a 4-3 or an end in 3-4 personally i wouldnt mind having suh lined up next to big baby rogers. Then again i wouldnt mind seeing berry in a browns uniform playing safety. For the love of god pls dont take a qb in the first round!!! I dont like the best pick he has seemed to disappear in cal's big games this year. he didnt do squat against usc or oregon.

I agree with Dumb Ass, we could take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. It would be someone who has been evaluated from head to toe by QB gurus imho

If the Browns think Rogers has 3-4 more great years then they will keep him and Suh. If they are concerned about Rogers' play level dropping they will pull a NE and trade him while the trading is good.

The Browns won't trade Rogers - he'd be happy to play DE and lessen the wear and tear on himself.

Suh would probably be the perfect choice for the Browns. Berry would be great, but not as dramatic, maybe.

The Browns won't trade Rogers - he'd be happy to play DE and lessen the wear and tear on himself.

Suh would probably be the perfect choice for the Browns. Berry would be great, but not as dramatic, maybe.

Suh wouldn't play NT...he'll be a 3-4 end. rogers stay at nt...

Did anyone watch the OSU/PSU game? Heyward is a guy who could become a very good 3/4 defensive end. He is only a junior but it is possible he would come out. Does anyone have thoughts on him?

The thing I like about Heyward is he shows big in big games. He was a beast in the USC game with their very good O-line and of course VS Penn State.

OSU plays him at as DE but I think he would be better as DT in a 4-3 in the pros. May not be as good at DE in a 3-4.

IF the browns take suh then I would expect rogers to be traded for a 1st rounder (hopefully). We have another good NT so it would make sense to trade rogers for another 1st round pick or maybe a 2nd and 3rd.

I believe Suh frequently plays the end position for NEB. so I don't know that moving Rogers would be required at all.

Suh is a monster. I hope yinz don't get him. Suh and Berry are by far the best players in this draft. I don't think Cleveland has the balls to take either. They'll try something to fix the anemic offense, maybe another shitty QB.

It matters less who they take than it does who coaches them. Take the entire Steeler defensive personell, put them on the Browns, and they are still 1-7. Take the entire Browns defensive personell, put them under Dick LeBeau, and they are still 6-2.

It matters less who they take than it does who coaches them. Take the entire Steeler defensive personell, put them on the Browns, and they are still 1-7. Take the entire Browns defensive personell, put them under Dick LeBeau, and they are still 6-2.

I don't know if I buy that....but if you are right, Ryan must be a pretty damn bad defensive coach.

Man if I had your attitude I might sit home and cry everyday. Everything you say is negative, your really starting to sound like florio. How can people take you serious if you beleive that? On a brighter note, the suns shinning in Ohio today.

Man if I had your attitude I might sit home and cry everyday. Everything you say is negative, your really starting to sound like florio. How can people take you serious if you beleive that? On a brighter note, the suns shinning in Ohio today.

Perhaps I could temper that a bit. What I am saying is essentially true though. If you took the talent we had right here on the Browns defensive unit, the DC in Peetown could coach them up such that I believe they would be near playoff caliber. If you took the talent that the Steelers have on their defense, and put them on the Browns, there would be some improvement, but certainly they would not be nearly as successful as they would be under LeBeau's scheme's.

My belief is that success in the NFL is 80% organization and coaching. That is why the Patriots and the Steelers have been the most successful teams this decade. Part of that, yes, is in talent acquisition. But a great deal of it absolutely is in the organization and scheming ability of the people running the show. This is the same as it was when Paul Brown was running things here. Certainly a great QB is a necessity. PB was not nearly the coach without Otto Graham. Bill Belichick would probably not be as successful withouth Tom Brady. Peyton Manning has shown that he can still lead a winner even though Tony Dungy is not around. But there is no doubt that the organization is the key. And that is why, yes, It is somewhat depressing to think of the Browns organization under Randy Lerner. He seems to flounder around.

Take the Cardinals under Bill Bidwill.....Awful for decade after decade, until his son came on to run matters. Now, they appear to be headed in the right direction. Take the Colts under Robert Irsay. Awful for decades. His son, Jim Irsay however seems to have his shit together. Take the Steelers, awful for decades under Art Rooney, until his son came in to run things. Sometimes, however, the sons that come in to run things are not the successful ones. When his sister took over for Eddie DeBartolo, the 49ers went downhill and haven't gotten back up. The question for us is, what is Randy Lerner gonna be, an Irsay senior, or an Irsay junior, an Art Rooney or a Dan Rooney? Jury may still be out, but not looking great so far.

Archived