THE BROWNS BOARD

Beau Bell huge presence in FL.

Solon16

While it really didn't matter cause we only got a fieldgoal....Showed up and made a huge play at the end! Keep on showing up beau.....go get the starters job!

You beat me to it...but it really DID matter....HUGE!!!

Without the 2nd FG, the last drive would have ended with a game tying FG by the Jags and sent it into OT. Or, just as likely, they would have had enough time to score the winning TD instead because we wouldn't have had the ball for key time late in the 4th.

That play may have saved the game for us.

Not to be a putz.....but I didn't see a bone jarring tackle..I saw a guy who may have hit his helmet into the guys arm as he a few others were converging.

I am all for him studding out, but that play didn't make him all world in my book......but hey....sometimes that is how it starts.

All these people are screaming for a LB next yea in the draft when I think we're set, B Bell, Wimbley, Hall, Jackson, Williams and Davis, we are fine at LB, sittin pretty, they just need to get organized.

As for the draft we need a RT because Tucker is getting up there, a RB, and a Nickel Corner

Not to be a putz.....but I didn't see a bone jarring tackle..I saw a guy who may have hit his helmet into the guys arm as he a few others were converging.

I just re-watched that sequence over and over (in slo-mo) and I saw people converging BUT I saw somebody trying to block Bell away and Bell reached around the blocker and grabbed the ball as he was being blocked away. The ball popped up and Cribbs was already on the ground to scoop it up.

Guest 88fingerslewy
All these people are screaming for a LB next yea in the draft when I think we're set, B Bell, Wimbley, Hall, Jackson, Williams and Davis, we are fine at LB, sittin pretty, they just need to get organized.

As for the draft we need a RT because Tucker is getting up there, a RB, and a Nickel Corner

Bell was touted as such a "banger" when we drafted him. Now that he's healthy, hopefully we'll see more of him. He just might be the next stud in the middle.

Guest Aloysius
I just re-watched that sequence over and over (in slo-mo) and I saw people converging BUT I saw somebody trying to block Bell away and Bell reached around the blocker and grabbed the ball as he was being blocked away. The ball popped up and Cribbs was already on the ground to scoop it up.
Also, we were hearing reports this summer about Bell being the last guy down the field on special teams drills. Based on what I saw yesterday, that definitely wasn't the case.

It's a good sign that he's actually making plays on specials. But if he isn't showing enough in practice to steal playing time from Andra Davis & Leon Williams, then we either need to temper our expectations or be a little more patient with this guy.

Guest Aloysius
I disagree.

Just consider this: two guys the Chargers had penciled in as backups this year (Jyles Tucker, Marques Harris) have more sacks than all of our OLB's combined.

Also, the Cowboys have two 1st Round LB's that come off the bench for them.

So we definitely could use more linebackers: someone to replace Andra, and another guy to come off the edge.

(By the way, I couldn't help but notice that Jameel McClain got some playing time for the Ravens this week & ended up notching 4 tackles and a sack. Inasmuch as I've been wowed by Alex Hall's play, it would have been nice if we could have also picked up McClain as a UDFA.)

Archived