THE BROWNS BOARD

No QB in 2010.

DaBrowns41

I knew Andre Ware and I could've told you he would be a bust. Comparing Colt McCoy who will likely finish with the highest completion rating in the history of college football with the U of H QBs from 20 years ago is not a fair comparison.

I think you may be right. I was thinking more in terms of the QBs that light the place up for the likes of Houston, Texas Tech and a few of those other places down there that play in those gimmick offenses. That is another reason I am not necessarily sold on say, Michael Crabtree. He looked great in college, but he has to do it in the pros to sell me.

If the Browns draft a QB with their first round pick I will literally kill myself

How about just cutting off a pinky toe? Your family would probably miss you if you took such drastic actions over something as trivial as a Browns draft choice. No, a pinky toe will suffice.

I think you may be right. I was thinking more in terms of the QBs that light the place up for the likes of Houston, Texas Tech and a few of those other places down there that play in those gimmick offenses. That is another reason I am not necessarily sold on say, Michael Crabtree. He looked great in college, but he has to do it in the pros to sell me.

Have you even watched Houston play?

Have you even watched Houston play?

Just highlights. Have you? I may in fact be going by history. I mean, who really knows. As has been pointed out in this or other threads, Hall of Fame QBs have gone undrafted(Moon) or drafted in the 17th(Starr), 9th(Unitas), 6th rounds (Brady). Where the QBs who have been drafted #1 overall in the NFL draft include these names:

Randy Duncan

King Hill

George Shaw

Bobby Garrett

(yea, Who are these guys?)

Terry Baker (1 start)

Angelo Bertelli (5 starts)

Jeff George

David Carr

Alex Smith

etc.

Ryan Leaf taken #2 or 3 overall.

I'm with you. Case Keenum can chuck it. Seriously.

OK, sure, so couldn't a lot of guys. The following are among the NCAAs all time passing leaders:

Timmy Chang

Ty Detmer

Tim Rattay

Luke McCown

Chris Redman

Kliff Kingsbury

Colt Brennan

Kevin Kolb

None of these guys have exactly lit the NFL on fire.

James Vandenberg is the real deal!!!! Guys a freshman for Iowa looked like the best QB in college football today. He had pin point accuracy and a rocket for an arm. And the composure he showed for his first start againt a great Ohio State defense. I want this guy, lets hold out a couple years on drafting another QB untill he comes out. Kirk Ferentz really nows how to find and develope QB's, maybe we should've let Pioli hire him as our coach.

OK, sure, so couldn't a lot of guys. The following are among the NCAAs all time passing leaders:

Timmy Chang

Ty Detmer

Tim Rattay

Luke McCown

Chris Redman

Kliff Kingsbury

Colt Brennan

Kevin Kolb

None of these guys have exactly lit the NFL on fire

This problem is only going to get worse. These guys you mention were all system QBs running some version of the spread offense. Now, there are so few teams running a pro-style offense that the guys coming out now aren't going to be very discernable from the above. Tebow, McCoy and Bradford all ran spread type offenses. The bust rate in QBs could go up.

Archived