THE BROWNS BOARD

The ESPN Double Standard

Earl34

Yesterday, I was listening to the radio when a report came on about Brian Westbrook of the Eagles and how he'd been practicing all of last week but did not play on Sunday. There was some head scratching by the host(s). He was listed as "Questionable" (which is supposed to mean a 25% chance of playing).

FOUL!

ANDY REID IS A LIAR!

WHY WON'T HE TELL US THE REAL STORY?!

The reason is because NFL coaches not named "Eric Mangini" ALSO keep secrets.

Brian Westbrook lost consciousness in a football game less than a month ago.

BY DEFINITION, that is a Grade 3 concussion (the worst type) per the Colorado Medical Society and American Academy of Neurology guidelines. Depending on which guidelines you want to use, he should be held out a MINIMUM of two weeks if he didn't have ongoing symptoms and likely a MONTH.

The bottom line is that there was NO chance this guy would play and if he did, the team doctor should lose his license.

Yet another case in point.

Yesterday, I was listening to the radio when a report came on about Brian Westbrook of the Eagles and how he'd been practicing all of last week but did not play on Sunday. There was some head scratching by the host(s). He was listed as "Questionable" (which is supposed to mean a 25% chance of playing).

FOUL!

ANDY REID IS A LIAR!

WHY WON'T HE TELL US THE REAL STORY?!

The reason is because NFL coaches not named "Eric Mangini" ALSO keep secrets.

Brian Westbrook lost consciousness in a football game less than a month ago.

BY DEFINITION, that is a Grade 3 concussion (the worst type) per the Colorado Medical Society and American Academy of Neurology guidelines. Depending on which guidelines you want to use, he should be held out a MINIMUM of two weeks if he didn't have ongoing symptoms and likely a MONTH.

The bottom line is that there was NO chance this guy would play and if he did, the team doctor should lose his license.

Yet another case in point.

THANK YOU!! Mangini has been black-balled because he is a whistle blower and now, he's the easiest target in the league at 1-7 and the media is all over it. The worst part is, fans are eating this crap up and losing sight of what he's really doing here.

THANK YOU!! Mangini has been black-balled because he is a whistle blower and now, he's the easiest target in the league at 1-7 and the media is all over it. The worst part is, fans are eating this crap up and losing sight of what he's really doing here.

I AGREE 100% I HOPE THAT HE IS SUCSESSFUL IN HIS QUEST TO CHANGE THE BROWNS, IT WOULD SHOVE IT RIGHT UP ALL THIER A$$E$.

All media aside...as best i can see mangini is a real genuine offensive failsauce...he screwed the jets offense up and he has raped ours with no end in sight...i say this with no media bias i was for this mediocre turd before he decided dabolls on the job training was more important than winning ever and a potential franchise qb was benched..but even then i was ok with him until he started the oh DA is doing good shit and lying to the fans thinking we are to stupid to figure it out...this aint NYC and at least some here can actually see for themselves what this self serving team play preaching lying sack of donkey doo really is..

Some of you people need to get your heads out of your own ass and smell the air around you...it stinks!!

Mangini wont last to to long and if he did start to turn it around...great!

But its not happening he is a mediocre at best HC..no media needed just open your eyes and look!

The guy could be a serious snake charmer with his mesmerizing bullshit and non stop failed roman philosophies he himself doesnt even live up to but a head coach...no...;)

All media aside...as best i can see mangini is a real genuine offensive failsauce...he screwed the jets offense up and he has raped ours with no end in sight...i say this with no media bias i was for this mediocre turd before he decided dabolls on the job training was more important than winning ever and a potential franchise qb was benched..but even then i was ok with him until he started the oh DA is doing good shit and lying to the fans thinking we are to stupid to figure it out...this aint NYC and at least some here can actually see for themselves what this self serving team play preaching lying sack of donkey doo really is..

NO COMMENT NECCESARY..jeez

...he screwed the jets offense up ...

Can you elaborate on this? He left the personnel of the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. Rex has added Sanchez and Edwards to the Jets passing offense, which ranks 27th in the league (way down from last year). No one even respects the pass when they play NY, yet they continue to churn out rushing yards.

How did Mangini screw up that offense? If we are within a stone's throw of the #1 rushing offense in 2011, I'll do cartwheels.

The issue is unfair coverage chief..no pun intended

"unfair" = "double standard"

Mangini is not the only one who plays it close to the vest. If you were gameplanning for the Eagles, it would be significant if you knew that Brian Westbrook was or was not playing.

Archived