THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns avoid Monday Night Blackout

CLEVELandMILIDH

Browns avoid blackout

Posted by Mike Florio on November 12, 2009 6:21 PM ET

The Cleveland Browns have announced that Monday night's game against the Ravens has been sold out, and thus will be televised locally.

Area residents are trying to figure out whether that's good news or bad news.

In a release, the Browns attributed the sellout to the combined efforts of the team, ESPN, Bud Light, and FOX affiliate WJW-TV.

In other words, those entities purchased the unsold tickets.

The unusual move here is that the sellout was announced without a 24-hour extension, and a full 24 hours before the Friday night deadline. Teams typically embrace an extension in the hopes that folks who are on the fence will decide to go ahead and buy tickets that otherwise will be bought by sponsors, the team, and/or broadcast partners.

Its still bad news in the sense of a monday night game with a rival team and $10 tickets cant sell out on its own without espn and lerner buying the rest of the seats up...it scares the hell out of me..but im going to say the guy coaching the team and the idiot OC is well over half the reason...even with BQ starting who wants to watch their team have to play to lose instead of win?

and Cleveland Browns fans are the best? most loyal? They can't even sell out a Monday night prime time game.

The Steeler tickets are being counterfeited for the Bengals game as the DEMAND is staggering to see the Steelers win.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09318/1013591-100.stm

Where are the famous browns backers? are they all dead? unemployed? Moved? rooting for the Steelers?

and Cleveland Browns fans are the best? most loyal? They can't even sell out a Monday night prime time game.

The Steeler tickets are being counterfeited for the Bengals game as the DEMAND is staggering to see the Steelers win.

Where are the famous browns backers? are they all dead? unemployed? Moved? rooting for the Steelers?

Shut the xxxx up, boy. You have no reason to pick with us fool.

Oh were sorry we only sold 70,00 outta 73,000 tickets on a planned protest day with a team thats 1-7. The other 3,000 tickets we sold at a discounted price, your point was?

Is this what you do to convince yourself that your a real man? I mean why else take time out of your life to sign up, post, and read what fans have to say about the Cleveland Browns? I know, this is the internet and people like you know full well that nothing will ever come from it so you use this as a way to convince yourself that you are hard.

Is this what you do to convince yourself that your a real man? I mean why else take time out of your life to sign up, post, and read what fans have to say about the Cleveland Browns? I know, this is the internet and people like you know full well that nothing will ever come from it so you use this as a way to convince yourself that you are hard.

lol, classic. Please resend that thanks to the hillbilly troll.

Owned? I think you must mean the Steelers own the Browns.. Okie Dokie?

Hey buddy your Sqeelers are losing to the Bungles. Everybody over at steelernation is panicking sounding like a bunch of morons, you should probably go console them, rather than be on a Browns board when there not even playing today. Really though it is pretty sad over there, I can see why you like it over here so much.

the steelers stadium is packed, it is a sell out.. get it?

Dude you really are a xxxxing idiot. The Browns have sold out everygame since they came back, and thats with a shitty team every year. That include MONDAY NIGHT FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG MMMMMMMMOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN

Archived