THE BROWNS BOARD

I predict a Browns win Monday night

calfoxwc

Monday Night Football Awaits

Posted by Mike Duffy on Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Categories: Mike Duffy

The Ravens are 4-7 historically playing in the "Monday Night Football" showcase, where they've never faced the Cleveland Browns.

Both their history with the Browns and their record will change this week when the Ravens travel to play a 1-7 Cleveland squad. Whether the changes are for better or worse remains to be seen.

Baltimore has not been successful on "MNF" in recent years. In fact, the last time the Ravens won a Monday night game was on Dec. 19, 2005, when the Green Bay Packers fell 48-3 at M&T Bank Stadium. After that came a string of five consecutive "Monday Night Football" losses.

Despite their place in the standings, the Browns have seen a few bright spots this year, including taking a Cincinnati Bengals team that beat the Ravens twice into overtime at home. In addition, they are coming off their bye with two weeks to prepare for the Ravens.

But with Baltimore needing to rack up some wins, especially in the AFC North, after dropping four of its last five games, previous records won't account for much.

It's also worth noting that in the 21 times these two clubs have met, neither team had prevailed against the other three times in a row until the Ravens completed a trifecta earlier this season with a dominating 34-3 win at M&T Bank Stadium.

Posted by Mike Duffy on Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Categories: Mike Duffy

The Ravens are 4-7 historically playing in the "Monday Night Football" showcase, where they've never faced the Cleveland Browns.

Both their history with the Browns and their record will change this week when the Ravens travel to play a 1-7 Cleveland squad. Whether the changes are for better or worse remains to be seen.

Baltimore has not been successful on "MNF" in recent years. In fact, the last time the Ravens won a Monday night game was on Dec. 19, 2005, when the Green Bay Packers fell 48-3 at M&T Bank Stadium. After that came a string of five consecutive "Monday Night Football" losses.

Despite their place in the standings, the Browns have seen a few bright spots this year, including taking a Cincinnati Bengals team that beat the Ravens twice into overtime at home. In addition, they are coming off their bye with two weeks to prepare for the Ravens.

But with Baltimore needing to rack up some wins, especially in the AFC North, after dropping four of its last five games, previous records won't account for much.

It's also worth noting that in the 21 times these two clubs have met, neither team had prevailed against the other three times in a row until the Ravens completed a trifecta earlier this season with a dominating 34-3 win at M&T Bank Stadium.

I do hope your words come true. Although this is a tough test coming after a bye week. I would rather face the rat birds after a bye week rather that the regular week.

I'm definitely cautiously optimistic about this one. The odds are still against us winning, but we have a shot, all the intangibles are certainly there and not having DA in there to throw the game for us certainly can't hurt.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict a Browns loss. I know, I know, its crazy, but I'm gonna stick with that prediction. We may win 3 more this year but it aint gonna be against the Ravens unless our WRs have somehow adjusted to the NFL over the last two weeks and can finally beat that impossible one-on-one coverage. Quinn will be running for his life and we'll see MANY 3 and outs. Lewis will fumble three times finalizing his plan to get cut before season's end. Flacco will throw 3 TDs in the first half and Ray Rice will take over the second half and shred a beat up defense for 160 yds.

I'm going to the game and have EXCELLENT seats so I do hope for a contest. But there is no logical way we can beat the Ravens in any situation. I'm just going to pay close attention to our QB, O-line and LBs. I want to see if Quinn has 3 seconds to throw (which is plenty) , I want to see if he scrambles prematurely and which LB over-pursues or can't get off his block. Wimbley is a lock but I wanna see the rookies. Face it fans, there is no season here, its a 16 game scouting combine.

I predict a Browns "win" in this way. We're gonna get BLOWN OUT on national TV in front of the whole country, sports talk shows are gonna have a field day on Tuesday laughing at Mangini and the utter chaos he has put this storied franchise in, and Lerner will fire him before the week is out! WE WIN!!!

Bet the kids lunch money on it!

They allready blew the Lunch $$

I think we can win this game also, the Ravens are missing a lot of people on defense do to injuries. If the Bengals can whip the crap out of them so can we. we just need 2 speedsters to burn their secondary.

Calfox.. Have you even seen the Browns play this year? Win on Monday night? Yeah right. Lets just say I could not get Flacco into my fantasy footbal lineup fast enough this week. Sez You

Yes, with DA at the helm. I believe Quinn will outsmart the stupid dirty stinkin rabid ratbird secondary.

I think Gaines? our newer TE will knock Ray Blewis out when Ray tries to tackle him on a slant pass...

Why, I even picked up Phil Dawson to play on my fantasy football team.

He should be good for at least three field goals and two extra points as I try to beat Believeland....

The dirty ratbirds are vulnerable, and the Browns are flat out ready to kick butt.

It's all there in the open, we'll see if my instincts are valid on this game.

Calfox.. Have you even seen the Browns play this year? Win on Monday night? Yeah right. Lets just say I could not get Flacco into my fantasy footbal lineup fast enough this week. Sez You

Yes, with DA at the helm. I believe Quinn will outsmart the stupid dirty stinkin rabid ratbird secondary.

I think Gaines? our newer TE will knock Ray Blewis out when Ray tries to tackle him on a slant pass...

He should be good for at least three field goals and two extra points as I try to beat Believeland....

The dirty ratbirds are vulnerable, and the Browns are flat out ready to kick butt.

would love to see ray lewis knocked out.

Wish you were a betting person. Id love to take your money. To even think the Browns could win this game is delusional. Has to be a home town rooter.

It's a long shot, but it's not delusional. The ravens aren't exactly dominant.

Well if the Browns want or need some good bulletin board material, this might do the trick...

Mind you, no players were really picked on... really just talking about the state of the organization, but when you've got a Ravens Insider columnist letting loose with this simple three paragraph diatribe on the Browns... given the fact that it's the "Baltimore Browns" making the insults, and doing so just days before the game with the Browns, you know that takes a lot of chutzpah

Perhaps the team can use this as motivation to pull together and shove these words right back in their face.

Now I know this is just the "Ravens Insider" columnist for the Baltimore Sun but these are still "fighting words" or should be taken so from the team's perspective. The columnist clearly has no fear that anyone cares in the locker room anyway even though he calls them a "Joke" and worse.

Mismanaged Browns are a joke

It was only a matter of time before Cleveland running back Jamal Lewis criticized Browns head coach Eric Mangini. Lewis said Mangini practiced the Browns too long during the week, and it showed up on Sundays. Lewis has always been a man's man, and if you ask him a question, he is going to give you an answer. Sometimes, even if you don't ask the question, he is going to give you the answer.

The Browns are a joke, the most mismanaged team in professional sports. They remind me of the Pigpen character in Charlie Brown, where there is always a cloud of stench hanging around them. The Browns deserve what they have gotten with Mangini. He turned on his former mentor in Bill Belichick, and has done the same with former Browns general manager George Kokinis. Kokinis has always been a decent man, and was well thought of when he was with the Ravens.

Nobody wants to play for the Browns anymore. Players can't wait to move on. They've sucked the juice out of Lewis, and two fine executives in Phil Savage and Kokinis. It's a shame the NFL can't fire owner Randy Lerner. He has turned a once proud franchise into a laughingstock.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/rav...are_a_joke.html

Let's not forget a good portion of those games were against the Stoolers and road games for them, the Pukers are practically undefeated at home, or at least the better part of the last decade. That skews the numbers, but that being said, we could win, because the Rats have been playing over their heads in the games they've won this year. They're terribly inconsistent when you look at the way the pathetic Chargers knocked them around for most of that game

I think the Browns are going to win........ but these stats on previous years records....... it has no impact on tonight.

This does have "trap game" written all over it for the Ravens... the Browns are a wounded animal in more ways than one. I don't care what the lack of talent is... that makes them dangerous.

Ray Lewis and gang are chompin' at the bit to annihilate pretty boy BQ....

If BQ were smart he would put the closest ER on alert to expect him in about 9:00 pm this evening...

Make sure they have some crow bars available to pry his head out of his a$$..

...Quinn did a pretty sweet job outsmarting them the first time. 6-8 for 34 yards with a pick and 42.7 rating before being yanked by Mangini.

"ar ar"...

but what goes around, comes around. She'll be comin round the mountain when she comes,

Lady Victory is going to choose the Browns.

Well, unless you're the stupid stinkin ratbirds or squeelers playing Cincy this year...

Archived