THE BROWNS BOARD

Observations for Friday 11/13

The Gipper

Here are this weeks rants. Limited version:

1. The performance last night of Jay Cutler shows that throughout the years there have been many quarterbacks with big Bazooka arms, and pea shooter brains. Cutler seems to be fitting that mode. And is it fair to say the same about DA? In history you have had the likes of Jeff George, Mike Phipps, and many others.

2. Movie of the week: The Men Who Stare at Goats. Clooney/Spacey/Jeff Bridges/Ewan MacGregor. Mildly entertaining. The interesting thing is the fact that the stuff depicted in that movie, US Military sponsored programs of remote viewing and psychic warfare were (are?) real.

3. Are these back to back road wins over the Magic and the Heat signs that the Cavs are really starting to gel? I always thought there would be some adjustment period with all the new faces on that team.

4. Food of the week: Cherry pie. Now, tell me who doesn't like a good cherry pie? And I don't mean the kind that...who was it? Poison, Van Halen, whoever sung about. I mean the kind you put in the oven and then take out and eat a big, delicious, steaming slice of. (Ok, I see it was a band named Warrant?)

5. Browns on Monday Night Football. Let's hope that after a bye week, and a QB change that it isn't the same old stale, poor play we have been having. Do we need more embarrassment on national TV?

6. OK, speaking of the other type of cherry pie, today's "Oldie but Hottie" of the week: Gina Gershon

1. The performance last night of Jay Cutler shows that throughout the years there have been many quarterbacks with big Bazooka arms, and pea shooter brains. Cutler seems to be fitting that mode. And is it fair to say the same about DA? In history you have had the likes of Jeff George, Mike Phipps, and many others.

Don't forget the illustrious Jamarcus Russell...

2. Movie of the week: The Men Who Stare at Goats. Clooney/Spacey/Jeff Bridges/Ewan MacGregor. Mildly entertaining. The interesting thing is the fact that the stuff depicted in that movie, US Military sponsored programs of remote viewing and psychic warfare were (are?) real.

I've been wanting to see this ever since I saw the preview... there's been a book of the same name out for a while about the U.S. military's attempts to train psychic soldiers. Pretty ridiculous when you think about it.

5. Browns on Monday Night Football. Let's hope that after a bye week, and a QB change that it isn't the same old stale, poor play we have been having. Do we need more embarrassment on national TV?

We may not win... but I definitely don't foresee a blowout/embarassment. We'll see.

Archived