THE BROWNS BOARD

2010 Free Agents

cambridgeho

These are a few that would help us out. DA will be gone for sure. We need a WR with hands. A TE who can catch. A right tackle. I know Peppers is a stretch, but imagine him and rogers and Suh on our D line. Morrison would be a great add also. I hope we retain Jackson, and Harrison. The draft next year is so much deeper than last year's, so there will be some good talent in the 3rd round. We will go D in the 1st round and prob the 2nd too, the 3rd with 3 picks will be at least 1 qb taken. We have some cash to spend and hopefully the next GM wants to bring in some other talents.

Tarvaris Jackson, Minnesota Vikings (26)- Young and has improved every year.

Brandon Marshall, Denver Broncos (25)- Attitude, but a beast.

Vincent Jackson, San Diego Chargers (26) - has become a force in streching the field

Kevin Walter, Houston Texans (28) - JJ clone

Anthony Fasano, Miami Dolphins (25)- Can catch and block

Tony Scheffler, Denver Broncos (26) -can catch and block even better

Winston Justice, Philadelphia Eagles (24)- Young RT with alot of upside

Julius Peppers, Carolina Panthers (29)- Not too old and you know what he can do

Kirk Morrison, Oakland Raiders (27)- Great player on a shitty team

Tarvaris Jackson, Minnesota Vikings (26)- Young and has improved every year. (depending on how Quinn finishes season, because I really think D.A. is done.)

Brandon Marshall, Denver Broncos (25)- Attitude, but a beast.

Vincent Jackson, San Diego Chargers (26) - has become a force in streching the field (maybe)

Kevin Walter, Houston Texans (28) - JJ clone

Anthony Fasano, Miami Dolphins (25)- Can catch and block

Tony Scheffler, Denver Broncos (26) -can catch and block even better

Winston Justice, Philadelphia Eagles (24)- Young RT with alot of upside

Julius Peppers, Carolina Panthers (29)- Not too old and you know what he can do

Kirk Morrison, Oakland Raiders (27)- Great player on a shitty team

I honestly can only see us getting the guys I bolded. The rest will either not want to come here or will be re-signed by their respective teams IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
No, I think if they pay adequately, there will plenty of FAs that will take Randy's cash. Maybe slight overpayment at best.

Free agents are not looking for culture...all they want is the $$$$$$

ex....i would never have expected TO to sign with a team like Buffalo

TO is lucky to be playing anywhere in the NFL. He is a huge media distraction everywhere he goes. He is a whiner and definitely not a team player.

ex....i would never have expected TO to sign with a team like Buffalo

I dont think TE is a really big need. Michael Gaines and Estrada(or whatever his name is) are doing a admirable job.

To me this team needs to fix its secondary first and foremost. Of course Berry would be a huge addition but Id like to see us bring in T. Mcgee or K. Dockery also.

Since V.Jackson is going to get a huge contract with SD Lee Evans would be a great pick up

Other not so flashy signing I like would be Prescott Burgess, Janson Snelling, and Winston Justice

trust me, living right near the panthers stadium in Charlotte we would not even want to look peppers way. For starters, he's gonna demand too much money than we should pay. Secondly, he's a baby. He basically told the panthers to change their entire defensive scheme or else he wouldn't play. He's your typical TO, sure his talent is amazing but it's not worth the trouble. Mangini would not bring him in (if he's still the coach haha)

TBH, none of those FA's jump out on the page at me. I say we give our WR's a chance to develop. Maybe a TE, but id much rather see FA money go somewhere else.

There are several ex-Raiders who would disagree with you... more than a few who have taken a fraction of what they were making there to get out of that organization.

They still find bodies for the field... overpaying them in the process... one day they might even be mediocre.

Mangini may be turning Cleveland into Oakland East, but ultimately I agree, nearly every player is available if the price is right. It would be more than "slight" over paying here depending on what the Browns players will say privately to a guy considering coming here, they at least know the owner is desperate.

Ultimately too much overpaying limits how many quality player an owner can go after even if there's no salary cap... Lerner's pockets are only so deep.

I don't know if it is that bad in Cleveland, Joe, but I don't think Cleveland is #1 on players lists for being a place they must go.

Obviously money is a big factor, but nearly as close for some and #1 on the list for many is team culture and the prospects of that team winning.

At least for the better free agents....I mean, they are going to get their money anywhere they go....it's not like the top teams can get away paying 20% less than what is required to get the signature.

I just don't agree Mangini is the one who might run players off. I think it's the Browns, the city, the fans, the culture of losing....as well as the coach.

Note I said fans...and yep, that's a part of it...players don't want to go somewhere where every botched play is met by the lynch mob.

But I agree....all things being equal, Cleveland loses....but then I think it's been like that since teams could start bidding on players.

Archived