THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

The Browns enter the national spotlight for the first time this Season with a chance to turn the corner on an awful first-half by putting a hammer and a nail to the Raven's playoff hopes. Muddling around at 4-4 and already swept by Cincy, The birds are fluttering as they enter Cleveland, but there is hope, as the Browns have been abysmal.

The Browns will switch QBs again, but there has been such lackluster performance throughout the starting 22 that one wonders if the more steady Quinn can be enough of a spark.

And while the Browns try to turn the ugly corner, division rival Pittsburgh tries to avoid turning one of their own ... the turn toward mediocrity. With division rivals lined up against each other this week, watch for the outcome of these game to set the tone for the rest of the season ... and possibly a glimpse at the division's future.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 1PM

Everyone keeps asking the Great Zombini if Cincinnati is for real and the answer is "kinda" ... they are pretty solid, but not Super Bowl contenders by any means. But one thing is for sure ... they are better than Pittsburgh. The Steelers are a joke. They come in 6-2 due to some easy opponents and fortunate bounces, but this team is a shell of its former self. The running game is practically non-existent, the o-line ranks among the league worst, and Big Ben continues to play timidly, afraid to take the inevitable hits behind the suspect line. Even their defense and special teams are not special anymore ... let alone "super". The Bengals are playing with a lot of fire and consistency on both sides of the ball, look for them to deliver a crushing blow in Pittsburgh this week ... and mark it as the beginning of the once-proud Steeler franchise's return to its mediocre roots. The Steelers will head south in a hurry. BUNGLES 21 STEELERS 13

Baltimore at Cleveland Monday Night Football

Even during the down years, the Browns tend to play well on Monday Night Football, especially at home, as evidenced by last year's thrashing of the NY Giants. Baltimore, meanwhile, has struggled in the primetime spotlight lately, and are prime to get caught off guard by a Browns team that has had two weeks to prepare and a QB change to give them an extra boost. The Ravens were easily swept by the Bengals this year, while the Browns fought them tooth and nail into the last seconds of overtime. But the really troubling thing about the Ravens is that their defense is just not scary anymore: 9th in points allowed, 12th in total yards, 17th in passing yards ...With nothing to lose and everything to gain, expect Brady Quinn to have his coming out party as an NFL starter ... he will not only look the part, but he will disassemble an off-guard declining Raven defense ... and once again hope will surface on the shores of Lake Erie. BROWNS 34 RAVENS 20

Zombo

Note: I wrote this Friday but was unable to post until today, hence the one late result ... but I think we all know where I was going to go with that one...

Congrats Maybe you nailed one.By the way Far from a Crushing Blow. The Steelers s will Still be there come playoff time. Our Offense stagnant and off all day (Props to Marvin Lewis`s Defense) A Kick Return for a TD and a Ben pick nearly ran back. Cincy plays Turnover free and we STILL Have the ball with 2 min.s and a shot to go win the Game. FAR FAR from the end of the world . 6-3 and we will move on , Maybe a Wild card is all we can muster , but we can deal with that. as far the Monday Night Football Go Browns !

I will laugh if the stoolers implode over being swept by the Bengals. It was written all over their face at the end of yesterdays game.

Now they are doubting themselves. What would even be funnier is if that on Dec 10th the Browns kick their Ass!

While pamalou and chi ward get their careers ended.

I will laugh if the stoolers implode over being swept by the Bengals. It was written all over their face at the end of yesterdays game.

Now they are doubting themselves. What would even be funnier is if that on Dec 10th the Browns kick their Ass!

Well, it may all depend on what the other teams do. See my post re Playoffs.

Again T... all that and The Steeler have the Ball at the end of the Game with an Opportunity to win !! Dream the Hell on brother. No way do they Implode. Although minus Troy is gonna be tough. But i see the Steelers finishing 11-5 ... Bengals will do likewise and win the Division. If the 2 meet Cincy will lose Period. The longer the year goes on the more Film on the Bengals D , the more easily their D is going get broken down and taken advantage of. thats just my opinion though. I could be wrong. Lord knows I have been wrong about them so far. LOL>

Archived