THE BROWNS BOARD

Maiava played well, along with soild play from ex-Jets

ATENEARS

Bowens and Trusnik are two of these guys that Mangini brought over from the Jets that are being over-looked as good 'motor' players who are helping keep this defense together. Maiava had a very nice game as one of Mangini's draft picks.

I was please with this trio tonight. It was a bright spot.

I took my binoculars to the game tonight in serach of a close-up of the action and to find something, anything that is working within this team. I didn't find it, sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but a couple of these guys Trusnik, Maiava and Bowens aren't bad and seem to playing within the 'system'. Add in Shaun Rogers being a handful and I think this group can be above average with some help at DB.

Maiava made some nice tackles tonight. which was well welcomed.

kaluka-maiavajpg-b50b455899660806_medium

Browns rookie linebacker Kaluka Maiava

has done adecent job replacing D'Qwell

Jackson in the starting lineup.

Bowens and Trusnik are two of these guys that Mangini brought over from the Jets that are being over-looked as good 'motor' players who are helping keep this defense together. Maiava had a very nice game as one of Mangini's draft picks.

I was please with this trio tonight. It was a bright spot.

I took my binoculars to the game tonight in serach of a close-up of the action and to find something, anything that is working within this team. I didn't find it, sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but a couple of these guys Trusnik, Maiava and Bowens aren't bad and seem to playing within the 'system'. Add in Shaun Rogers being a handful and I think this group can be above average with some help at DB.

Maiava made some nice tackles tonight. which was well welcomed.

Actually, Coleman and Mosley have been fine. Elam's had his ups and downs, but played well last night.

The ex Jets are the LEAST of our problem.

I was more impressed with Maiava than I've been with Rey-Rey in any Bengals game I've watched this year. He has more solo tackles than Rey-Rey in many fewer starts and was impressive in coverage.

I was a little disappointed that Veikune didn't get more time.

Mack played well.

Really hard to judge MoMass and Robiskie in this offense. Are they the victims or the suspects?

St. Clair is dreadful. Royal is a waste of development time. Harrison should NEVER see the field on third down again! Anyone see him just completely pass on trying to pick up Lewis on the blitz? No wonder why Romeo was so hesitant to play the kid.

McDonald is the weak link of the defense.

Actually, Coleman and Mosley have been fine. Elam's had his ups and downs, but played well last night.

I was more impressed with Maiava than I've been with Rey-Rey in any Bengals game I've watched this year. He has more solo tackles than Rey-Rey in many fewer starts and was impressive in coverage.

Mack played well.

Really hard to judge MoMass and Robiskie in this offense. Are they the victims or the suspects?

St. Clair is dreadful. Royal is a waste of development time. Harrison should NEVER see the field on third down again! Anyone see him just completely pass on trying to pick up Lewis on the blitz? No wonder why Romeo was so hesitant to play the kid.

St. Clair is a turnstile. DJHERO's mom could do a better job in there than he does. (she does have 100+ pounds on St. Clair though)

Mack played well.

I used to watch Maiva at USC week in and week out, so I was more than happy when we drafted him... the only one of their linebackers I liked significantly more than him was Cushing... of course Matthews lined up a lot as a DE.

I have been saying for almos a year now that I hate mangini. Recently, I hated him even more for not playing th rookies enough. however I was very pleased to see maiva and trusnick in there on Monday. They looke really good and hungry to play. Although I am still not a huge mangini fan, I am very happy with his decisions on defense on Monday night. One thing you have to give him credit for: he practics what he preaches

CFFL, I agree. We need to see more of these young guys at this point. I just would really love to know how close Veikune is to playing and what the hell is going on with Robiskie(?). Robiskie was considered practically NFL ready yet he looks LOST and not in sync.

robiskie did something to get on mangini's shit list and i have no idea what that is. maybe he is a bad rout runner but not in my opinion. i think he pissed off mangini. veikune isn't playing playing he is learningan entirely new position. he is going from a down linemen to an inside linebacker spot. there is a huge learning curve for that. he isn't familiar with the position at all. also, i thought that maiva was going to be an outside linebacker. why is he playing inside other than the fact that we are short a few ilbs?

Mack played well.

Nice take

Think I heard poole's name a lot too? I was working cooking and the radio was static , so who knows but I think that is what I remember.

also, i thought that maiva was going to be an outside linebacker. why is he playing inside other than the fact that we are short a few ilbs?

I don't know. I think that one reason would be that you put him behind Shaun Rogers and that protects him. The second reason would be that perhaps this combination gave us what the coaching staff felt was the best four LBs on the field.

Pool and Bowens both player very well, as well a Shaun Rogers. Ill tell ya, the ex-Jet who played the best though was the punter we signed. Sure this sounds dumb, but he had a huge role in keeping us on the game in the first half Sunday before the offense stunk it up

Pool and Bowens both player very well, as well a Shaun Rogers. Ill tell ya, the ex-Jet who played the best though was the punter we signed. Sure this sounds dumb, but he had a huge role in keeping us on the game in the first half Sunday before the offense stunk it up

Agreed he did a good job but i think if Zastudil was back there we would have had better FP and could have at least scored a few FGs.

Glad somebody brought Maiava up. I was definitely impressed with his play.

Now, does this convince everyone else how overrated DQ Jackson (a.k.a., Dwayne Rudd) is? Your ILB will always make a ton of tackles - he is in the middle of all of the action. What makes a good ILB in the running game is how he takes on blockers and sheds, which impacts where plays go and where tackles are made. Maiava looked to have this down better than Jackson.

robiskie did something to get on mangini's shit list and i have no idea what that is.

I'm not sure if this is true or not. It would seem that Mangini has a lot riding on Robiskie, since he was drafted before anyone thought he would. I do wonder which rookie's agent complained about the bus trip to the charity event . . . and if Mangini found out.

I'm not sure if this is true or not. It would seem that Mangini has a lot riding on Robiskie, since he was drafted before anyone thought he would. I do wonder which rookie's agent complained about the bus trip to the charity event . . . and if Mangini found out.

By all accounts Robo was working in and out with the ones in camp until he had his three drop day. After that, he was doghouse bound and relegated to special teams duty. He and MoMass were neck and neck at the time of his bad practice, but at that point MoMass got the advantage. Patten was also coming around from being injured at the time and Leggett was being looked at a lot. Glue Hands Hubbard had lost his early camp glory but I still feel Mangie knew Robo could be used as a whipping boy to prove his points. Based on his roots and rep, he was a perfect example for Mangie.

Archived