THE BROWNS BOARD

mario

We can't do anything about it. The game last night showed that the pass rush is reaching the QB before he can even fully plant and throw. RBs were missing blitzing LBS or St Clair was letting everyone run right by him, as though he were a matador. With this little bit of protection its no wonder that the OC is calling for screens every other play, or five yard routes. I agree with JAWS, Brady or Manning wouldn't even be able to work with this group.

What is funny is that when DA shit the bed like that this forum's first two pages were filled with ranting about him. I signed on after I got home from the game last night and there wasn't a single thread about Quinn.

Looks like we ousted the right whiners from this site ... much, much better dialog today.

With that said, I've already seen enough of Quinn (again). That kid is horrible and complete not worthy of this league.

I have no clue who we turn to now ... Ratliff would be the logical choice I suppose. I'd rather watch grass grow than Brady Quinn throwing passes behind the line of scrimmage for 60 more minutes.

What is funny is that when DA shit the bed like that this forum's first two pages were filled with ranting about him. I signed on after I got home from the game last night and there wasn't a single thread about Quinn.

Looks like we ousted the right whiners from this site ... much, much better dialog today.

With that said, I've already seen enough of Quinn (again). That kid is horrible and complete not worthy of this league.

I have no clue who we turn to now ... Ratliff would be the logical choice I suppose. I'd rather watch grass grow than Brady Quinn throwing passes behind the line of scrimmage for 60 more minutes.

It could be cos we know now that the QB's are the least of our problems. if we had some good playmakers like in 2007 you would not mind Quinn throwing.

It could be cos we know now that the QB's are the least of our problems. if we had some good playmakers like in 2007 you would not mind Quinn throwing.

Really, I don't know. The guy was terrible and any throw longer than 8 yards. Some of his shorter throws were off-target. The two interceptions wre sightly off-target.

Watching the game on TV, I didn't see Quinn do anything to try to rally the troops, I didn't see him talk to Furrey or Royal after the INT's, He kind of just looked like he was about to cry, thinking "why me" or something.

Really, I don't know. The guy was terrible and any throw longer than 8 yards. Some of his shorter throws were off-target. The two interceptions wre sightly off-target.

Watching the game on TV, I didn't see Quinn do anything to try to rally the troops, I didn't see him talk to Furrey or Royal after the INT's, He kind of just looked like he was about to cry, thinking "why me" or something.

cos he is not a leader, not yet and he is as confused as the rest of the guys .... and regarding Royal ... we need to get rid of him ASAP ! what happened to the TE we got from Chicago ?

Bullshit, Quinn left a ton of plays on the field last night. A good QB would make a lot of difference here. No opposing team in the league has even an ounce of respect for Quinn. They blitz him without a concern in the world that he can beat them on jailbreaks.

I saw defenders shoot the gap and flop on their bellys at his feet, instead of floating in the pocket like he's been over-blown to be capable of, he panicks and throws the ball for dear-life.

Anyone know where I can get a chart that shows where his passes were thrown to? You know, like the shot selections the show in the NBA with dots on the floor. I would have to guess that about half of Quinn's passes were behind the line of scrimmage and the puke still couldn't complete half his passes.

He is 10x worst than Tim Couch was. Very similar players in that they have no vision down field and an all out blitz is very effective against them, but at least Couch looked to the 0-12 yard range, freaking Quinn don't even have vision beyond the line of scrimmage.

I've seen enough. I'd cut him this morning. I'm being serious.

I think the answer is that whomever you have to play QB, DA, Quinn, Fritz Pollard, you need to get him some weapons and you need to get him some protection, expecially on the right side of the line. Dan Marino could probably do nothing with this surrounding cast.

cos he is not a leader, not yet and he is as confused as the rest of the guys .... and regarding Royal ... we need to get rid of him ASAP ! what happened to the TE we got from Chicago ?

Quinn doesn't appear to be the answer, agreed, but he is in the worst possible situation he could be in as a young QB with limited Exp. Aaron Rodgers would be set up to fail in this offense (quick release and all). The WRs just are not getting open downfield and the O line is not giving anyone time to throw the ball. Our TEs suck balls so there are no decent short options and we can't run the ball to keep the defenses honest. I wanted to give Mangini the benefit of the doubt at the beginning of the season, but the coaching sucks right now too. This is just a bad team right now. We are about to find out how bad because we play KC, Oakland, and Detroit (The dreggs of the league) and I'll bet we don't stack up well against any of them. The way I see it, even if all the right personnel moves are made right now, it will be 3 years before we have a respectable club. There is no foundation to build from right now. I cannot see any bright spots right now. Can anyone else?

Quinn doesn't appear to be the answer, agreed, but he is in the worst possible situation he could be in as a young QB with limited Exp. Aaron Rodgers would be set up to fail in this offense (quick release and all). The WRs just are not getting open downfield and the O line is not giving anyone time to throw the ball. Our TEs suck balls so there are no decent short options and we can't run the ball to keep the defenses honest. I wanted to give Mangini the benefit of the doubt at the beginning of the season, but the coaching sucks right now too. This is just a bad team right now. We are about to find out how bad because we play KC, Oakland, and Detroit (The dreggs of the league) and I'll bet we don't stack up well against any of them. The way I see it, even if all the right personnel moves are made right now, it will be 3 years before we have a respectable club. There is no foundation to build from right now. I cannot see any bright spots right now. Can anyone else?

the LB core is a bright spot, along with Rogers at NT.

I think the ex-Jets and Maiava had a great game.

the LB core is a bright spot, along with Rogers at NT.

I think the ex-Jets and Maiava had a great game.

Rogers is solid, but he doesn't want to be here long term. Maiava has potential if he is not ruined by the coaching. Don't get me wrong, here and there we have talent (like Cribbs) but there is no solid core to build on.

Bullshit, Quinn left a ton of plays on the field last night. A good QB would make a lot of difference here. No opposing team in the league has even an ounce of respect for Quinn. They blitz him without a concern in the world that he can beat them on jailbreaks.

I saw defenders shoot the gap and flop on their bellys at his feet, instead of floating in the pocket like he's been over-blown to be capable of, he panicks and throws the ball for dear-life.

Anyone know where I can get a chart that shows where his passes were thrown to? You know, like the shot selections the show in the NBA with dots on the floor. I would have to guess that about half of Quinn's passes were behind the line of scrimmage and the puke still couldn't complete half his passes.

He is 10x worst than Tim Couch was. Very similar players in that they have no vision down field and an all out blitz is very effective against them, but at least Couch looked to the 0-12 yard range, freaking Quinn don't even have vision beyond the line of scrimmage.

I've seen enough. I'd cut him this morning. I'm being serious.

ESPN did the charting for you Stan. Quinn only threw one pass longer than 12 yards when it mattered. You probably left before it was bombs away on that last series, but Quinn threw the ball 5 yards out of bounds on a couple 40 yard heaves.

Now as to why all the short passes, did you notice how much time Quinn was getting to throw? More accurately, not getting? StClair is a turnstile, and I saw Steinback get beat like a drum when the Ravens only rushed three. That's rushing THREE, not some jailhouse blitz. What the hell happened to the o-line?

You had ringside seats, was anyone getting open?

Yeah, the 23 rating sucks, but you can't put all the onus on Quinn for those ints- that happened to totally change the complexion of the game. At least Quinn hit his receivers in the hands, unlike DA who happens to think Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are his primary targets when we play the Ravens.

Hey, I respect your opinion, and Zombo's -but this was sort of an unfair test for BQ. If he looks that bad against the Lions, I may have to join you in the dump Quinn camp, but before we do that, it's time to dump Dabol, and let Kosar be interim OC for the rest of the year.

ESPN did the charting for you Stan. Quinn only threw one pass longer than 12 yards when it mattered. You probably left before it was bombs away on that last series, but Quinn threw the ball 5 yards out of bounds on a couple 40 yard heaves.

Now as to why all the short passes, did you notice how much time Quinn was getting to throw? More accurately, not getting? StClair is a turnstile, and I saw Steinback get beat like a drum when the Ravens only rushed three. That's rushing THREE, not some jailhouse blitz. What the hell happened to the o-line?

You had ringside seats, was anyone getting open?

Yeah, the 23 rating sucks, but you can't put all the onus on Quinn for those ints- that happened to totally change the complexion of the game. At least Quinn hit his receivers in the hands, unlike DA who happens to think Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are his primary targets when we play the Ravens.

Hey, I respect your opinion, and Zombo's -but this was sort of an unfair test for BQ. If he looks that bad against the Lions, I may have to join you in the dump Quinn camp, but before we do that, it's time to dump Dabol, and let Kosar be interim OC for the rest of the year.

I wish you were right. But the deep throws out of bounds really makes me wonder.

Why is it that when Quinn is in the O-line is the worst ever. Yet when DA comes back in, the protection ain't the problem, it is just a lack of accuracy of his scatter-arm, receivers not getting seperation, and/or running right patterns?

IMO, It's because Quinn panicks and gains no respect from opposing defenses.

I don't know why opposing defenses give DA respect because he surely hasn't beaten anyone in years (except the Giants), but they do, or the line and backs pick up the blitz better ... but when Quinn is in, we can't even complete a forward pass for 6 yards.

Why is it that when Quinn is in the O-line is the worst ever. Yet when DA comes back in, the protection ain't the problem, it is just a lack of accuracy of his scatter-arm, receivers not getting seperation, and/or running right patterns?

IMO, It's because Quinn panicks and gains no respect from opposing defenses.

I don't know why opposing defenses give DA respect because he surely hasn't beaten anyone in years (except the Giants), but they do, or the line and backs pick up the blitz better ... but when Quinn is in, we can't even complete a forward pass for 6 yards.

Give it up my man....it's just the way some people view it.....I agree with you, but it isn't worth the fight...really, why argue with simpleton's???

Archived