THE BROWNS BOARD

Daboll

ex-browns fan

I wanted to check out the history of this bum, and went on to wikipedia. It says it right there. He sucks balls, haha too funny, and no I didn't edit it there.

LOL, that is funny.

"Daboll began his NFL coaching career with the New England Patriots as a defensive coaching assistant in 2000 before being promoted to wide receivers coach for the Patriots in 2002. After the 2006 season, he left the Patriots to serve as the Jets' quarterbacks coach. In 2009, Daboll joined Eric Mangini's staff in Cleveland as offensive coordinator. His 2009 season as offensive coordinator have been historically bad, with the offense producing twice as many turnovers as touchdowns. He sucks balls"

100% true. How can Mangini deny this. He is horrible and needs to be shipped out.

Mangini needs to be shipped out with him for both hiring daboll and then sticking with him even when it became obvious to most that daboll lacks the offensive knowledge and creative genius to run an effective offense...if chud done nothing else at least he tried to build around player strengths...mangini/daboll simply want to be stubborn and force DA to throw short and force BQ to throw even shorter...bad stuff all the way around here..theres so much traffic in the passing lanes that it turns whats suppose to be a low risk passing game into a high risk endeavor and this can only be blamed on the lack of creativity by the OC failing to play to player strengths and improper use of the teams abilities...

A little mistrust goes a long ways and both ways...

Mangini needs to shipped out with him for both hiring daboll and then sticking with him even when it became obvious to most that daboll lacks the offensive knowledge and creative genius to run an effective offense..

I was all for getting Mangini out of here, but at this point, I don't know. You have a point but to start over again. I'm telling you they need to start with Daboll.

If it is SO F*CKING OBVIOUS to US, WTF is Mangini doing, get rid of him. This is business.

I was all for getting Mangini out of here, but at this point, I don't know. You have a point but to start over again. I'm telling you they need to start with Daboll.

If it is SO F*CKING OBVIOUS to US, WTF is Mangini doing, get rid of him. This is business.

I agree completely but mangini isnt going to fire daboll and lerner isnt going to fire either of them and we have no GM to fire either of them..i believe the new czar is going to frown on mangini keeping daboll beyond all logic and send them both packing together...

Im all for stability and an end to the turnover of coaches but only if stable people are running the show...mangini consistently makes bad decisions he needs to go and we need to blow the whole organization up starting with a football czar and working all the way through a wholesale trading of most if not all players...if lerner picks the right czar i will support fullheartedly whatever they do minus letting mangini make any decisions on anything...

Whats Daboll supposed to do have Quinn throw the ball down field..please..Quinn can't do it

He's trying to run quick short stuff to help the kid be succesful.What exactly would

some of you call..run the ball all night..WHAT..I know some of you love BQ and want to

blame everyone but......and I get the hometown boy thing, but the realty is what it is.

Whats Daboll supposed to do have Quinn throw the ball down field..please..Quinn can't do it

He's trying to run quick short stuff to help the kid be succesful.What exactly would

some of you call..run the ball all night..WHAT..I know some of you love BQ and want to

blame everyone but......and I get the hometown boy thing, but the realty is what it is.

I went from being angry with the coaching staff for the first 58 minutes to feeling sorry for them once Quinn was actually able to get a few passes off downfield. Feel free to hit the field of play Brady. That showed me what the coaches see. He's just not remotely close to accurate.

Even when he got throws off, they were mostly behind his receivers which leads me to suspect that he's not showing any anticipation or perhaps he just isn't accurate enough to lead his receivers properly.

While this offense does stink...after seeing Quinn last night...I wouldn't be surprised to see Ratliff starting by season's end. I don't have anything against Brady Quinn but unless he shows that he can be far better than last night....there is no future for him.

I won't argue that the scheme shares some blame but it's a two-way street. He/they didn't execute the most basic of plays. I, for one, think that Eric Steinbach should be ashamed of himself for that sack he gave up. He doesn't look like "positive" in the offensive line equation. I think that Mack and Thomas are the only ones that are legit or potentially so.

While we're firing Daboll, can Gary Brown go with him? What is so hard about blocking someone on a blitz? On the double A gap blitz, Harrison didn't block Lewis but he also didn't block ANYBODY.

I went from being angry with the coaching staff for the first 58 minutes to feeling sorry for them once Quinn was actually able to get a few passes off downfield. Feel free to hit the field of play Brady. That showed me what the coaches see. He's just not remotely close to accurate.

Numerous people have said it on here. Two different coaching staffs now have had little confidence in Quinn. It's funny how some people think they know more than the actual coaches who see these guys in practice everyday.

Dumbbutt Daboll has to go.

Any defense just laughs, because Daboll

runs on almost every single first down, and most of the time,

on second down.

In the second half, the ratbird defense just completely locked in to

the conservative very short game.

What the hell sense did it make, for Dumboll to finally start

calling downfield throws with only about 5 minutes left in the game?

Kosar liked to fire a long one early on, to get the defense thinking.

No, not Dumbol, he just runs and runs, and then on third and long, he orders a short throw.

It's sickening to watch the defense play such a great game, and Dumboll

waste series after series running into third and long. He's so

predictable, somebody please put Kosar in charge of play calling. PLEASE !

great post peterbell, gonna take some time !

if we are going to run the ball can we put Jerrome Harrison to run and not to block ?

The only productive running is Cribbs in the WildDawg. So, the question for me is; why isn't he lining up as outr running back instead of Lewis, Jennings and Harrison.

Cribbs can get yardage inside. He can bounce outside and he can catch it out of the backfield. So, why is he a WR? Tell me Harrison or Jennings can block better then Cribbs?

The only productive running is Cribbs in the WildDawg. So, the question for me is; why isn't he lining up as outr running back instead of Lewis, Jennings and Harrison.

Cribbs can get yardage inside. He can bounce outside and he can catch it out of the backfield. So, why is he a WR? Tell me Harrison or Jennings can block better then Cribbs?

Totally agreed. Just one thing to add...There are a lot on here talking about Brady and not being able to throw deep accurately, based on Monday night. Can someone tell me why, after sitting the bench for 5 games and playing 50 minutes without having a reciever run a route over 5 yards, he would or should be expected to throw the damned ball deep with accuracy. He hasn't done it in how long? And hasn't had a play called that entails throwing even 15-20 yards in how long? It was only a couple of plays. Do I expect more? Yes. But give him more than 2 deep balls in the end of one game with Baltimore's D-line and Linebackers in his face when they knew we had to throw long, before making snap judgements. We've given DA how many chances? And he continues to prove how much he SUCKS! Brady was given a couple games last season before getting injured, and played well...not great...but well. Then we gave him 2.5 games to start the season and now one other game. I think we can give him a little more time to prove himself one way or the other. If he sucks, draft a QB.

I think part of what were doing on offense is tweaking and perfecting go to plays. Every good offense has 5-10 go to plays that they can execute to perfection even if the defense knows its coming. The coaches know this year is just a traing camp for next year.

With the tough defenses in our division and the fact that each team knows the ins and outs of each other it comes down to execution. You can run all the mis-direction gadget plays you want but if your not beating the man in front of you it does nothing against a deciplin defense

Guest berniesipe
Numerous people have said it on here. Two different coaching staffs now have had little confidence in Quinn. It's funny how some people think they know more than the actual coaches who see these guys in practice everyday.

penis eater, you make a good point. Fans think they know more than coaches.

Ladies and gentlemen, the article has gotten even better.

Daboll began his NFL coaching career with the New England Patriots as a defensive coaching assistant in 2000 before being promoted to wide receivers coach for the Patriots in 2002. After the 2006 season, he left the Patriots to serve as the Jets' quarterbacks coach. In 2009, Daboll joined Eric Mangini's staff in Cleveland as offensive coordinator. His offense is currently ranked 31st in the league through nine games producing five touchdowns. An interesting sidenote, Daboll's offense has produced one less touchdown than the number of toes on his left foot. His offensive system is often compared to that of Earl "Sticky" Twoham, a legendary high school football coach in the SCHSL, or South Carolina High School League. The bulk of the play calling in this system is primarily focused on lulling the officials and opposing defenses to sleep with 1-2 yard plays, and then making absolutely no corrections throughout the course of the game. Also, he looks like a fat wombat.

Archived