THE BROWNS BOARD

Sidelines Last Night

BluegrassBrownie

Hey everyone. Did anyone else notice Furrey, after he muffed the pass that was intercepted, and BQ on the sidelines? It appeared to me as if Brady was trying to say something to him and MF just blew him off...then BQ followed him trying to talk but Furrey just kept walking away and ignored him. Maybe I'm mistaken, but if I saw what I think I saw then it is truly as ugly as it gets in that locker room - considering Lewis' comments, etc.

This is my first post, and I wanted to say that I'm a browns fan and a big fan of the city of Cleveland. I hate it for you guys that this is happening with the team, as I know what that the Browns represent (or are supposed to) your home. Last night was the worst I've felt about the team since the Browns came back, and I've seen every snap. Pure agony. I have been hoping that Brady would be the answer, as I love that he's from Ohio and wanted to be a Brown. However, last night he looked to me like a boy in a man's job, and the team looks like they feel that way.

Anyway, hang in there.

Hey everyone. Did anyone else notice Furrey, after he muffed the pass that was intercepted, and BQ on the sidelines? It appeared to me as if Brady was trying to say something to him and MF just blew him off...then BQ followed him trying to talk but Furrey just kept walking away and ignored him. Maybe I'm mistaken, but if I saw what I think I saw then it is truly as ugly as it gets in that locker room - considering Lewis' comments, etc.

This is my first post, and I wanted to say that I'm a browns fan and a big fan of the city of Cleveland. I hate it for you guys that this is happening with the team, as I know what that the Browns represent (or are supposed to) your home. Last night was the worst I've felt about the team since the Browns came back, and I've seen every snap. Pure agony. I have been hoping that Brady would be the answer, as I love that he's from Ohio and wanted to be a Brown. However, last night he looked to me like a boy in a man's job, and the team looks like they feel that way.

Anyway, hang in there.

really? I missed that. I didn't see Quinn even talk to him. Interesting.

I wonder what Quinn was telling him? He was seeming to feel sorry for himself after the INT's. to me, anyway.

It was right after the interception that BQ threw behind him a little. Furrey may have been pissed at himself, but he wasn't friendly in his mannerisms...and Brady tried to follow him, then gave up and had a bit of a pouting look on his face.

I noticed Joe Thomas give Quinn a dirty look and roll his eyes one time when Quinn barked at one of the players in the huddle.

The guys on the team just don't like Brady.

I know I have harped on this before, but the hotshot QB doesn't get punched in the mouth...even by the egghead who did....unless there is something about the guy that rubs players the wrong way.

I did find it weird DA was in the full body thermal cape all night with hood..i know im in florida but it coudnt have been THAT cold..haha

I moved down to the lower level after everybody started to file out after the pick 6, and I thought the same thing. I think he was the only guy with it on. Plus the entire 4th quarter he sat on the end of the Gatorade cart and spit into a garage can once every 10 seconds looking off into the upper deck above the endzone with this stoned out look on his face.

Seems like half the team is zoned out...

I, too, noticed the Furry-Quinn non-exchange. It seems like the body language between those two was horribly tense.

I dismissed it at the time but the more I think of it, is it possible that few (if any) players on this team really like BQ? Shaun Smith was a jerk but he did slug his own teammate in the weight room. Are these signs that we're just glossing over? Is it possible that, even if they don't hate him as a person, they hate what BQ represents ?

Brady Quinn, by all accounts, has worked very hard this off-season and after he was benched. You would expect that this type of player would engender some respect. I'm not seeing that in the body language of the teammates around him.

I could be wrong. I don't know the guy. It's just my gut reaction to what I'm seeing.

I noticed the 'meet' as well and wondered if I saw right.

Furrey sucked Monday and should be held accountable. Dropped passes like 'Great Braylon's Ghost'. A few passes were bad, but if Furrey was able to touch them, he should have caught them. The one time he got a decent catch and had the entire field ahead of him open the schmuck fell on his own. Screw any crticism he has for Quinn, he sucked Monday. He should have been one of the last guys with attitude during that game, when the QB is talking to him.

As far as the take on Quinn and the team, maybe they feel like I did after game 3. The guy sat and studied from teh sideline for 2 years getting paid bucks and when it was golden boy's time to step up, he looked like a deer in headlights. Not all draft picks and QB's have the luxury of being a student THAT long before they get the call.

The second go around for Quinn now hopefully will prove more fruitful. Being dropped and benched after all the BS controversy Mangini created prior to season start, hopefully pumped muscle boy up. I lean more toward Quinn being the future of the franchise than looking for yet aother QB to take a chance on, but he has to earn his way up. I sincerely hope he is capable and does.

From here on through the remainder of the season, if any more controversy is brought up, Mangini should be canned immediately. Quinn should be allowed the rest of the seaon.

I think Brady will fall into place after some time, but you have to admit that no one could have expected him to just completely shine in that game. I thought he played will except for his audibles for those bubble screens. The long balls that went out of bounce was a bit unnerving but I'm sure I would have done something just the same as a rookie in the NFL. Instead of focusing on the outcome of the game, look at what they did in the 1st half. To tell you the truth, I was quite impressed in how they kept the Ravens on their heals most of the time both on O and D. They have a long way to go but I saw a huge improvement on both sides of the ball.

Go Browns!!

A fan for life...

The long balls that went out of bounce was a bit unnerving but I'm sure I would have done something just the same as a rookie in the NFL. Instead of focusing on the outcome of the game, look at what they did in the 1st half.

Go Browns!!

A fan for life...

Brady is no where near a rookie now. He will probably be given the rest of this season to prove himself. You cannot continue to count on him in the future just because he was a first round pick. If that was the case Leaf would still have a job.

I think Brady will fall into place after some time, but you have to admit that no one could have expected him to just completely shine in that game. I thought he played will except for his audibles for those bubble screens. The long balls that went out of bounce was a bit unnerving but I'm sure I would have done something just the same as a rookie in the NFL. Instead of focusing on the outcome of the game, look at what they did in the 1st half. To tell you the truth, I was quite impressed in how they kept the Ravens on their heals most of the time both on O and D. They have a long way to go but I saw a huge improvement on both sides of the ball.

Go Browns!!

A fan for life...

In fairness he shined in his first game against Denver last year with less time to prep.

It was right after the interception that BQ threw behind him a little. Furrey may have been pissed at himself, but he wasn't friendly in his mannerisms...and Brady tried to follow him, then gave up and had a bit of a pouting look on his face.

It looked to me to be a very catchable pass. :unsure:

I noticed Joe Thomas give Quinn a dirty look and roll his eyes one time when Quinn barked at one of the players in the huddle.

The guys on the team just don't like Brady.

I know I have harped on this before, but the hotshot QB doesn't get punched in the mouth...even by the egghead who did....unless there is something about the guy that rubs players the wrong way.

NOT being mean or a Prick. Not trying to dredge up old news , But come on http://206forthetwenties.files.wordpress.c...bradyquinn1.jpg this would creep me out if he was My QB.

Do YOU know what that photo is about?? Of course not. Guess you have never joked around with your male friends. :rolleyes:

BS Dude...I am not getting Caught in a picture doing that Because I don't "Joke" around with my male friends packages . Please thats asinine !! wow... I really cant Imagine . And LOOK at the Kid in the Middle. I fail to see the "Humor" in his expression. I have spent a long time in Corrections , and It dosnt add up. Sorry man. No Justification there.

BS Dude...I am not getting Caught in a picture doing that Because I don't "Joke" around with my male friends packages . Please thats asinine !! wow... I really cant Imagine . And LOOK at the Kid in the Middle. I fail to see the "Humor" in his expression. I have spent a long time in Corrections , and It dosnt add up. Sorry man. No Justification there.

I agree with you all the way. And after watching Brady who would want or even trust him to cover anything let alone a mans most valued item

I agree with you all the way. And after watching Brady who would want or even trust him to cover anything let alone a mans most valued item

Yes ... I had nothing against him. But come on thats a creeper photo. personally Hoped he would be a Solid QB (But Not as Good as Ben) Just to get the Excitement level up in Cleveland. Appears to lack the leadership quality needed , we will see I guess.

Archived